• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
"I called 911 and chased after my attackers as I wasn't going to let someone get away with physically assaulting me, again the autism thing where my sense of justice and right and wrong go right to 100 percent," Starr-Street writes on his Facebook.

Seems like your racism goes right to 100 as well haha.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Autism can often manifest in being overly anal and falling into very strict and rote patterns for living life, so that part actually isn't that far-fetched. The reason it falls apart is because he has past behaviour showing this is probably more him being a bigot and using autism as an excuse.
Honestly I'd say the fact that he called the cops after confronting them and them agreeing to change the problematic behavior is already enough for that excuse to stop holding water

Oct 28, 2017
Good job throwing non-NT people under the bus because you can't handle the obviously herculean task of not being a racist dipshit. These dangerous idiots should be penalized for trying to weaponize the police like this.

Still rolled my eyes at "I didn't know black people could be racist". I usually get what people mean when they say stuff like that, but it's such a reductionist way to phrase it imo.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Eesh. Article made it sound like run of the mill bigotry in his twitter feed, but those tweets are full nazi.

Fuck that dudes life
When I read the thread title, I thought it was likely he is just some dumb 4chan loser that pretends to be on the spectrum, but we try not to assume those things. Guess what, turns out he was. Eff this guy.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Since when does Austism make you consider holding a glass bottle at a pool an "injustice" that MUST be rectified? An injustice for who, the wine?

Typical white law and order bullshit targeting black people. Big surprise.

I mean... it can make one stupidly literal and disproportionate - as well as inconsistent - about the observation of given instructions and/or rules. That something as minor as glassware around the pool might set him off makes some sense there. Additionally he claims that when he went to call them out on it, they 'punched' him (the most verifiable thing is that they knocked his phone from his hand - video in the article), which is, supposedly, what got him incensed enough to stalk them until he could personally see the police arrive for the 'assault'.

Thing is, that still wouldn't stop him being racist. It still wouldn't change those tweets he's made or the fact that, even accounting for the autism, he opted to be an aggressive dick and to intimidate. Whether or not he genuinely has the condition, he has to be responsible for himself where reasonable. The rest of us do our damnedest not to be bigots, he can too.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Autism is 2019's Ambien?
This one is even worse because it finds a way to shit on people who are on the spectrum.
Racists really have no shame.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
My apologies it's been a while since i read about her i hope she's doing better.

No need to apologize, I'm not upset!

I haven't kept up with her recently, but I hope she's doing better too. She does seem to have genuinely improved as far as her former bigotry goes. I cannot even imagine being in her shoes.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why white people lie about being racist.

Black people don't believe you no way.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No I wasn't.

I said, assuming he actually was on the spectrum, we shouldn't harass him. Two wrongs and all that. Just because he's a racist doesn't justify being bullied to potential suicide.

As opposed to racism aiding and abetting to the deaths of people of color every single day? Encouraging suicide is one thing, but telling a racist shitbag to fuck off isn't exactly bullying. Hiding behind autism is even worse.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
No I wasn't.

I said, assuming he actually was on the spectrum, we shouldn't harass him. Two wrongs and all that. Just because he's a racist doesn't justify being bullied to potential suicide.

Ima be honest dude is harassing women for no good reason
All ima say is rocky quote
I have no sympathy for him and your post

And My apologies I thought I was responding to this post when I said justify the racist

I have multiple family members of the spectrum, so maybe I am biased, but I kinda buy his explaination...

Your post 1st and foremost gave him sympathy instead of the women think about that for a moment and reflect
Even if his story was true you jumped out to show him empathy and not the women, ask yourself for a moment why did you make that choice?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I knew it! Vaccines cause racism!

You're thinking of alcohol. I heard about this Australian guy, practicing catholic, had a few drinks and it caused him to spontaneously let loose with a stream of extremely specific and pointed racial epithets about different ethnic groups. Tragic really. I suspect that alcohol molecules scrambles the neural pathways between the ventral temporal regions of the brain and also simultaneously the ANG and SMG regions impacting his vocabulary in such a way that neurons are firing in tight clusters of offensive words that are the exact opposite of what he would normally intend to say, given that he definitely never used inflammatory and strangely specific racist expressions before he had those two cocktails.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All it takes to get a checkmark is verifying your ID, I think it is a few forms and faxing twitter a copy of your diver's license. Honestly it shouldn't be that big of a deal but I think twitter doesn't talk about it much because if people knew it would lose it's mystique

It used to be that way but they stopped allowing people to apply themselves years ago. However he could have been verified long before that. There was a time you simply had to prove who you were and explain why you wanted the checkmark but it was being abused and giving credence to randos - however they don't retroactively remove them unless you're banned, I think.

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
Ima be honest dude is harassing women for no good reason
All ima say is rocky quote
I have no sympathy for him and your post

And My apologies I thought I was responding to this post when I said justify the racist

Your post 1st and foremost gave him sympathy instead of the women think about that for a moment and reflect
Even if his story was true you jumped out to show him empathy and not the women, ask yourself for a moment why did you make that choice?
The discourse with how we treat people with mental health issues has been on my mind a lot due to personal issues and the Elktra thing. I made a gross post without fully understanding the context and I acknowledge that and really wish I had thought through it more. It fully reflects some blind spots on my part that I intend to work on but please don't pretend you know me.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
It used to be that way but they stopped allowing people to apply themselves years ago. However he could have been verified long before that. There was a time you simply had to prove who you were and explain why you wanted the checkmark but it was being abused and giving credence to randos - however they don't retroactively remove them unless you're banned, I think.

Could be for his youtube channel, such that it is? 5 years ago is very much in the 'everybody trying to get onboard the online influencer bandwagon' phase of things, and that's the bulk of his... content, also such that it is

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
"However, Starr-Street, who is gay, doesn't consider himself as an LGBTQ community ally, and has been known to post anti-LGBTQ and racist comments on social media. "

Yeah, he can fuck right off. Pretty sure his autism didn't cause him to be an asshole to those groups online.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Racist anti vaxxers gonna be sweating if this works.

Just admit you made a racist choice and better yourself, jesus...

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we had flu vaccines in the 1600s but yanno.

The first smallpox vaccine was derived from applications of the cowpox virus. Cowpox has been around for centuries, and therefore, vaccines have been causing autism all along!

Think that'll do well at the mental gymnastics?

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if you take him at his word that he isn't racist it is still abhorrent behavior to call the cops on people in the US for minor infractions. It's basically a flip of the coin whether or not they will ruin someone's life or escalate a situation into a crisis.

I knew an 18 year old woman who was getting low-level stalked by a cop in his 30's who would stand outside her workplace watching her. One night a few of us were having dinner and drinks at her place and her busybody neighbor called the police for a noise complaint even though it was like 7pm and the music was low because we were having a conversation. The cop that was stalking her took the call, and he walked right in the back door of her house without knocking and all of a sudden he was just standing in her living room. He begged us to find him drugs for like a half hour and kept saying he wanted ecstasy because "it makes you want to bang!". It was totally fucked up and eventually he just confiscated our grass and left.

Last edited:

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Great this kind of shit is going to be a thing now, isn't it?

"The suspect had several white power tattoos, and reportedly shouted 'Sig Heil' while he opened fire on the playground. Police are said to be flustered trying to figure out the motivation for the massacre, but we hear that some police sources believe autism was the motivating factor. When asked about white supremacist groups, a police spokesperson answered, "Those still exist?"

DSN2K

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
User Banned (3 Days): Disingenuous commentary and false equivalencies across multiple posts
I think you should do more research before asking got sympathy for someone who's got an approaching decade long history of reprehensible slurs online, just because they claim autism

you just proved my point, So quick to jump on people you dont even stop to think if you should. You have made 2 points in this post. You said I lack knowledge on the subject. You stated i've provided sympathy for a clear racist. Explain how ?

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Even if you take him at his word that he isn't racist it is still abhorrent behavior to call the cops on people in the US for minor infractions. It's basically a flip of the coin whether or not they will ruin someone's life or escalate a situation into a crisis.

Yeah, it's one of those 'it still wouldn't be an excuse' situations. Especially when, checking that video footage again, his first action? Isn't to actually stop and explain that having the glassware at the pool is against the rules. It's to get in real close to one of the women, in an obvious attempt to either A) Intimidate or B) Warrant a physical response. Even if you were to credit that solely to his supposed autism - which y'know, kinda doubtful - that's still not okay.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I'm always fascinated by gay alt-righters. Especially the ones who make AIDS """"""""jokes""""""""

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I think everyone in this thread needs to stop and reflect on recent discussions elsewhere on this forum.

Many people on the spectrum have contributed to this thread and are generally horrified by him blaming his racism on not being neurotypical. People hugely simplify what it means for neurodiverse people to see things in "black and white" and it sure as hell doesn't justify a history of bigotry.