• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Hillary got pegged as corrupt and it stuck for a reason. She had legitimate baggage on race. Aoc doesn't
Lol, I'm pretty sure none of that was true when Hillary was starting. She was very much like AOC, except it was at a time when being an outspoken female politician wasn't looked as fondly upon as it is now (which isn't even that much).

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Since you admitted you didn't read the initial tweet and thus I have to assume actually didn't read my OP

That picture is what the guy said

Her numbers are underwater with Americans except... and then a huge portion of Americans

It was framing it as Americans when he really meant older White Men (and ok maybe older White Women) that spun this topic.

I saw your post before you edited it...

Framing her numbers that are only very negative amongst White Men as her numbers underwater with Americans....that's what I was calling out the Presentation of White Men as representative of American

That's what this thread is about. Always was.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Hahahaha his new framing is more accurate but he's pretending like "her numbers are underwater with Americans except" and "she's not as favourable as she once was"

Are the same thing.

She's lost favorability sure... but she's not underwater with anyone except mostly older White Men

Last edited:

Lv99 Slacker

Oct 27, 2017
The reason(s) why there's a Gallup poll dedicated to a single freshman congressman and why conservative media is laser focused on AOC:

AJUfBNk.jpg

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...wa-caucuses-poll-president-caucus/3098982002/

Fox News: Most voters back Ocasio-Cortez plan to tax richest Americans up to 70 percent: poll | January 16, 2019 (45% of republicans back it)

Constantly attack her intelligence and call her a loony leftist, maybe support for these policies will diminish.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
This isn't surprising. It's reality of how this country is fun. Trump being President and Kavanaugh being elected to the court is direct evidence of this.

firstromario

Alt account
Banned
Jan 23, 2019
This is the most blatant off topic "Ackshually" Ive seen all month.
Sorry that I mistook this thread as a thread about polling not about how tweet was phrased. My takeaway was that numbers were bad and it's fair to say that Fox News bullshit is to blame. Not sure why everyone got so defensive.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Lol, I'm pretty sure none of that was true when Hillary was starting. She was very much like AOC, except it was at a time when being an outspoken female politician wasn't looked as fondly upon as it is now (which isn't even that much).

This. The media and the GOP destroyed Hillary because she had the audacity to have a career in politics rather than stay on the sidelines as First Lady, as well as trying to get Universal Health Care through congress. The right wing did such a good job of this it penetrated the Democrats and the left! They're trying to do this to AOC.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Shes an outspoken woman of color in Congress.

Unless she started taking AIPAC money and kowtowing the GOP line, I'll defend her until I die.