• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Same boat with the rest of you, my girlfriend and I both had "scheduled to be mailed on the 26th" hers got here three days ago and mine is MIA. Siiiiigh I reeeeeeeeeaally need that fuckin money or I can't pay my taxes jfc

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Payment status is still not available for me.

I can't find any useful information that explains the ridiculously long wait (only clickbait articles that repeat the IRS's vague message). I can't call the IRS because its automated service says it's too busy so it hangs me up. Why even bother at this point.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Still nothing. Usps email said I'll be receiving 2 mails today that they didn't take a picture of.

Checked and there was nothing at all. Hope someone didn't take it lol.

CookieMonster

Oct 30, 2017
Website was updated a couple of hours ago.

I received my $600 tax refund/second stimulus on Wednesday. Now, the website is saying that it will be direct deposited on April 7. Before today it said Not Available.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

I can't find any useful information that explains the ridiculously long wait (only clickbait articles that repeat the IRS's vague message). I can't call the IRS because its automated service says it's too busy so it hangs me up. Why even bother at this point.
Yeah I've given up. I never got the last one either. Its not fair and they don't give you any option to work with anyone to figure out why.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

Yeah I've given up. I never got the last one either. Its not fair and they don't give you any option to work with anyone to figure out why.
I don't know yet. My accountant said he had to wait to file because of the new rule about taxes on unemployment. I'll find out about that soon.

I recently found out that people who were on unemployment last year and have already filed will have to wait until May to get their federal tax refund.

www.nytimes.com

The I.R.S. will begin issuing refunds in May for an unemployment tax break. (Published 2021)

Some Americans who received unemployment benefits last year may have filed their federal tax returns before a new tax break became available.

If the tax refund is on hold, that may delay the stimulus as well if it needs the info from the taxes to be processed before sending it out.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I recently found out that people who were on unemployment last year and have already filed will have to wait until May to get their federal tax refund.

www.nytimes.com

The I.R.S. will begin issuing refunds in May for an unemployment tax break. (Published 2021)

Some Americans who received unemployment benefits last year may have filed their federal tax returns before a new tax break became available.

If the tax refund is on hold, that may delay the stimulus as well if it needs the info from the taxes to be processed before sending it out.
Well that's just great.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
looking through my transcripts and realizing they STILL have not processed my 2019 (paper) taxes (they sure cashed my check though)

considering this year they owe me refund + stimulus... maybe I'll see it by 2022 =(

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Check was allegedly mailed on the 26th. Still nothing. I'm starting to convince myself it was stolen by a postal worker or something.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Today my usps email shows pictures of my check though I'm getting it as a card which is random. But fuck it as long as I'm finally getting it today.

Sorithin

Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland
looking through my transcripts and realizing they STILL have not processed my 2019 (paper) taxes (they sure cashed my check though)

considering this year they owe me refund + stimulus... maybe I'll see it by 2022 =(

Oh wow, so it's not just me? I submitted my 2019 taxes via snail mail in July and have yet to receive my refund. I can't even get a hold of them on the phone to ask them what's taking 8+ months to process so I'm just sitting and waiting and expecting them to send me a letter that says I never submitted.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
got mine a couple days ago. a card just like the 600 last time.
time to buy important shit and also some dumb shit

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Pretty late on this, but managed to get my $1400 stimulus check via direct deposit not long after they started being distributed. Definitely much sooner than the $600 stimulus check, which I didn't receive until after I had filed for my tax returns.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Checked my status for the first time this year and got this message:

"We scheduled your payment to be mailed on April 2, 2021 to the address we have on file for you.

We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment."

I guess this is good news? I guess this means I'm finally getting a stimulus?

(Note: these aren't rhetorical questions. I've so resigned myself to never getting a stimulus, I'm struggling to process what precisely this means.)

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Checked my status for the first time this year and got this message:

"We scheduled your payment to be mailed on April 2, 2021 to the address we have on file for you.

We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment."

I guess this is good news? I guess this means I'm finally getting a stimulus?
Yes. Hopefully, you get yours this week.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Partner's status finally updated yesterday, will be deposited on the 7th, direct deposit like the first two checks....took 'em long enough

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Mine was mailed to my old address in NJ on the 26th. I set up mail forwarding again a few days before then, but still haven't received anything. USPS informed delivery hasn't shown anything coming. Not sure if the post office will forward this.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still nothing, and probably nothing until MAY given that thing about refund corrections for the UI deduction.

FML...

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Got our check that was mailed on 4/2 today. It was supposed to be direct-deposited but changed for some reason. Thanks, Uncle Joe!

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else still getting " Payment status not available " still?

We qualify but nothing has been updated.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My first two stimulus checks were direct deposit. Now the IRS website my check is scheduled to be mailed today. I guess I'll get it when I get it.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Did uh, anyone else get a random three more payments deposited?

Edit: Also, why is this page of the thread so messed up on mobile?

Way to rub it in Fiction. Maybe you should cash it out in gold coins..and post pics..

JK.

I'd out it in a savings account and sit on it until they want it back? The government messes up sometimes. But I'd definitely wait to see if they catch the slip up and have it ready.

At least you could get some interest on it? Maybe put into the market... hopefully gain some how but still have it ready.

Get something out of it for your trouble.

A friend of mine got double fema money for an apartment that wasn't flooded in NO. they never came for it.