• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on social security and still haven't received it yet. Not gonna fret though, because the 1st stimulus check came a lot later as well

Whoever

Oct 2, 2018
CNN and a bunch of media sources are reporting that payments for Social Security recipients will go out next week, some as soon as this weekend.

The Internal Revenue Service will start sending stimulus payments to low-income Social Security recipients this weekend, and expects most of the money to be received electronically on April 7.

Most eligible households have already received the stimulus payments approved by Congress in the latest Covid relief bill passed earlier this month. Roughly 127 million payments have been sent out over the first two weeks.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Finally got it, BOA.

With this all of my bills are paid for the month. Will use this month's income to paydown some cards.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I have been stimulated on schedule. Time to take care of some debt and finally get some home repairs done.

Core Zero

Oct 25, 2017
Question for the experts here:

My partner filed her 2020 return a month ago, and got her $1400 deposit today. Good! However, she never got her $600 one (she qualifies for all of them). I think we made a mistake on her 2020 return though, due to the way TaxAct phrased the question about the stimulus credit. Basically, it made it sound like because we expected her to get a $600 payment that she shouldn't file for the credit, but information I've read today says she should have.

If she didn't get the $600 by now but should have, should she amend her return to claim the stimulus credit? She did file in 2019 and did get the initial $1200 last year.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
So, the website says that it was mailed to me on the 26th. Two things, one the 2nd payment said the same thing and I never received it and 2, I've moved since I filed my 2019 taxes so I have no idea if it's even going to come to me. I've changed my address with the post office and I've received all other mail since, but I'm now quite concerned.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, the website says that it was mailed to me on the 26th. Two things, one the 2nd payment said the same thing and I never received it and 2, I've moved since I filed my 2019 taxes so I have no idea if it's even going to come to me. I've changed my address with the post office and I've received all other mail since, but I'm now quite concerned.
On the get my payment site, what address does it accept as valid to let you see the info? If its the old address then yeah you might have a problem. If its the new one then you should be ok. Same thing for me i changed addresses since 2019 filing but i did receive the 2nd check to the new residence. Havent received the 3rd though and the payment site accepts my current address as valid.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Question for the experts here:

My partner filed her 2020 return a month ago, and got her $1400 deposit today. Good! However, she never got her $600 one (she qualifies for all of them). I think we made a mistake on her 2020 return though, due to the way TaxAct phrased the question about the stimulus credit. Basically, it made it sound like because we expected her to get a $600 payment that she shouldn't file for the credit, but information I've read today says she should have.

If she didn't get the $600 by now but should have, should she amend her return to claim the stimulus credit? She did file in 2019 and did get the initial $1200 last year.
If her IRS transcript does not show the $600 payment for her, then yes she should amend her return.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
On the get my payment site, what address does it accept as valid to let you see the info? If its the old address then yeah you might have a problem. If its the new one then you should be ok. Same thing for me i changed addresses since 2019 filing but i did receive the 2nd check to the new residence. Havent received the 3rd though and the payment site accepts my current address as valid.

For both the second and third the address they have on file is my old address. I even changed the address to my current one on the IRS website and they still haven't updated it. Calling is useless and the FAQ doesn't have any answers. This sucks. My first check went straight to direct deposit and now all this shit is happening.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For both the second and third the address they have on file is my old address. I even changed the address to my current one on the IRS website and they still haven't updated it. Calling is useless and the FAQ doesn't have any answers. This sucks. My first check went straight to direct deposit and now all this shit is happening.
IRS says to call them 1 month after the mail date to let them know you never got it. Also if the mail is sent back to them the payment site should change and ask you for more info on DD input.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Got it and it's a damn card again.

How annoying.

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
I got mine like 2 weeks ago and today I woke up to see an additional $2100 deposited in my account. Is this some kind of error or did they give me more money for some reason?

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Finally got it today, along with my tax refund, which was delayed, because I incorrectly applied for the recovery rebate credit, which I didn't realize was the exact same thing as the 2020 stimulus.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
i still have not gotten 600 or 1400. im disabled and I'm very poor so this really sucks its saying PSNA

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I filed taxes for the first time 3 weeks ago and I just got the $600 + $1400 right now without a heads up. Pretty nice.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Check arrived today, after the website said it was being mailed on the 26th.

Really don't know why this one had to be mailed when the previous ones were direct deposited, but hey, i'm glad it's finally resolved

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
3/26 mail date in Florida as well. Still haven't received it. I received the last stimulus check literally the day after the mailed on date.

So frustrating.

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017

Get Transcript | Internal Revenue Service

Get tax records and transcripts online or by mail. Prior-year tax returns, tax account transactions, wage and income statements and confirmation of non-filing letters.
"The batch of stimulus checks that arrived this week include a 'plus-up' payment for those whose income decreased on their 2020 tax return compared to 2019."

Found this on my local news stations article about the 3rd round of stimulus. I believe I did make less in 2020 than in 2019. :<

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting on that check. Mailed on the 26th. Hate waiting for this shit lol sucks they did this instead of direct deposit like the last two.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a fairly random news article but it seems to have some info for folks expecting checks that havent received them yet. Seems April 7th is the cutoff date for that for everyone to have received it. Can call a number or send in a form to request a payment trace to check if the check has been cashed or not to get another one.

www.wistv.com

What to do if you haven’t received your stimulus check

Experts say that if you are eligible for the stimulus check and haven’t received it by mid-April, you might want to follow up by issuing a payment trace.

Valus

Nov 21, 2017
I just got my stimulus in the mail and it's not a check but a cash card?? Has anyone else gotten this? Is it easy to transfer it to my bank account?