• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there is one thing we have learned from the COVID-19 pandemic currently ravaging planet earth, is that the rules are constantly changing. This is not only due to the fact that we are learning more about the highly infectious disease daily, but also that our position on "the curve" continues to change. Over the weekend, the White House coronavirus task force warned that the next few weeks are going to be a huge battle and that we should expect many casualties. And, because of that, they are suggesting that Americans should stay home altogether, not even leaving the house to stock up on groceries.

www.yahoo.com

White House Says To Avoid Grocery Stores If You Can For The Next Few Weeks

The White House suggests avoiding grocery stores and public places over the next few weeks, as the COVID-19 battle escalates If there is one thing we have learned from the COVID-19 pandemic currently ravaging planet earth, is that the rules are constantly changing. This is not only due to the...

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
HEB is close to doing it right now. Still see people without masks and 2-3 people shopping together. Please don't, 1 person is all you need.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
This fucking administration is so inept. Daily "briefings" that dont amount to anything but self fellatio from the orange turd and now throwing more fuel to the fire. No easier way to get a run on the grocery stores by making idiotic statements like this.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
stores keep hiring, they should maybe look into bolstering their grocery delivery options or bringing groceries out to the car options

a lot of stores are limiting their hours so that stockers can stock and cleaners can clean without customers being in the way, maybe they should consider limiting them more so that stores can get more proper cleaning, maybe one day a week the store is closed for disinfecting or something to that effect

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got back from the store, they're doing headcounts of everybody coming in and going out.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Waive curbside costs and make it mandatory until this virus outbreak dies down.

Also stop acting like HEB where they only sell certain items in store only

i.e. Ozarka 32 pack water for $2/$3 in store only but on the app , they have a 24 pack of Aquafina for $6.

Otherwise people are gonna ignore your methods.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
I kept timing my trips and buying a little extra so I don't have to go during the peak so I guess now is a good time to just eat what you have.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
This implies we'll peak soon, and I don't see anything supporting that. The attitude hasn't changed. Most states are only suggesting lockdown. The weather is warming and people are gathering outside now.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
This implies we'll peak soon, and I don't see anything supporting that. The attitude hasn't changed. Most states are only suggesting lockdown. The weather is warming and people are gathering outside now.

I dont know about elsewhere but according to local sources in Houston , peaking will occur earlier than expected (originally Early may but now mid April).

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Trying out my local chain's curbside pickup service tomorrow. Not sure if it's because it's the first time I've done it or because of the virus but the service is free. I actually really enjoy grocery shopping so it's kind of a bummer but as long as this works OK and I don't get a bunch of weird substitutions I'll probably be doing this for at least the next couple of months

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Trump is literally making the worst fucking decisions at every opportunity.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Kroger just announced they are implementing a certain number of people per square foot.

Probably should adjust that for Fred Meyer as no one is shopping on the non-grocery side.

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017
Don't go out and buy grocery but do go out and congregate and vote in WI? What logic is that?

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
We are ordering from Wegmans and it usually takes close to a week to get groceries delivered.

Mostly its eggs, milk and bread that we have to get more of every 2 weeks or so.

Not getting a lot of fresh fruits or veggies as they just don't last very long. Prior to this epidemic it was our normal routine to go to the grocery store 3 times a week and buy things in small quantities. This is the first time our freezers have been packed with meat.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The absolute disregard for proper safety precautions from people in the store when I last went drove me insane. Maybe half of everyone was wearing a face cover, including staff.

Problem is I can't think of a good way to tackle it how to make grocery stores less crowded, evenly. Mail every household a number and day when they can shop?

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Kroger just announced they are implementing a certain number of people per square foot.

Probably should adjust that for Fred Meyer as no one is shopping on the non-grocery side.
kroger and walmart are also considering narrowing their aisles so that only one person can go through, also making them one-way

but i doubt the one-way thing works all that well with people, people be trippin

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
It's a good thing we have plenty of testing to know who has it and who doesn't.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just ordered grocery delivery. It'll come on Thursday, which is fine. We have plenty of food until then. I tipped the driver around $20, hope that's not considered too chintzy.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
shopping might get a bit harder, but just try and be calm and aware of who's around you

always assume some people fucking suck at keeping a distance and compensate for them

wear a mask, if the store offers disinfecting wipes, use them

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
also, if you go into a store knowing exactly what you want, you'll be in and out faster then youd think

don't browse, and dont pick something up unless you're gonna buy it

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The same thing was said by LA county and California state officials: it would be advisable to not go grocery shopping this week. And if you must then wear a mask.

Jan 4, 2018
It's already been rough, but I have a feeling it's going to get even harder for us in Wal-Mart's grocery pickup department this month...

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
kroger and walmart are also considering narrowing their aisles so that only one person can go through, also making them one-way

but i doubt the one-way thing works all that well with people, people be trippin
That is why I got a cattle prod. Get near me and boom get a nasty shock. If I forget it I can just say "get the fuck out of my way you asshole."

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni

APRIL 6 10:46 a.m. — National update from the Associated Press: A federal report finds 3 out of 4 U.S. hospitals surveyed are already treating patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19. Monday's Health and Human Services inspector general's office report finds hospitals expect to be overwhelmed as coronavirus cases rocket toward their anticipated peak by mid-April. Investigators say individual problems such as lagging testing, supply shortages and burned-out staff are feeding off each other, creating a vicious cycle. The federal watchdog agency is worried that could create a "domino effect" that overwhelms some hospitals, as happened in Europe. A group representing for-profit hospitals says facilities also are finding COVID-19 patients take longer to recover than patients with comparable illnesses like pneumonia and flu.

www.khou.com

Coronavirus updates: Missouri City councilman home after COVID-19 recovery

Here are the latest headlines on COVID-19 in Houston and nationally for April 7, 2020

Jan 4, 2018

Our store has one-way aisles and a 500 person capacity. We have people at the door telling folk to follow the arrows and we're also keeping an electronic tally as people walk in and out. I work in the online grocery pickup department and there are dozens of people that just don't listen and congest the aisles by walking the wrong direction. Most of them have been polite when you remind them of the one way restriction but a few get rude about it. I had a coworker who was told 'to write a ticket' when he asked the customer to follow the arrows.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
fucking dammit go figure. i *have* to go tomorrow; we have been trying to order delivery or pickup but neither of those are available for about ten days out. we are at a point where we've eaten most of our normal shopping + about half of our "extra" stuff. going as early as i can and hopefully it's relatively chill. i really don't want to have to try to buy multiple weeks worth of stuff. :/

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
We just had our first confirmed case of Covid at my store and it was all over the news here. As a result we had barely any customers today, it was great lol. Seeing wayyyy more masks over the past couple of days. Been very happy that I finally was able to get a mask made for myself as well.

I hope people continue excercising extreme caution and not packing the fucking store.

Oct 27, 2017
Went to costco today, they have been limiting capacity for a few weeks now. Most people were wearing masks and gloves (including me). Most people were practicing proper social distancing in the aisles, except for the very elderly and young adults who would just go wherever they wanted, but you just had to look out to avoid them. They had toilet paper, finally. Checkout was controlled and spaced appropriately. Upon returning home, I scrubbed hands and forearms, and wiped down packages before storing them, repeating hand-washing as needed.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Our store has one-way aisles and a 500 person capacity. We have people at the door telling folk to follow the arrows and we're also keeping an electronic tally as people walk in and out. I work in the online grocery pickup department and there are dozens of people that just don't listen and congest the aisles by walking the wrong direction. Most of them have been polite when you remind them of the one way restriction but a few get rude about it. I had a coworker who was told 'to write a ticket' when he asked the customer to follow the arrows.
i wonder if they're considering posting cops at stores at some times, like when stores close for holidays

i remember walmarts would have a cop at the door when it closes for christmas