• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
www.cnn.com

White House says it is creating 'very large' dossier on Washington Post journalist and others

The White House said in a story published Thursday that it was compiling a "very large" dossier on a Pulitzer Prize-winning Washington Post reporter and others who it said are a "disgrace to journalism and the American people."
The White House said in a story published Thursday that it was compiling a "very large" dossier on a Pulitzer Prize-winning Washington Post reporter and others who it said are a "disgrace to journalism and the American people."

The astonishing revelation about the White House's efforts to discredit reporter David Fahrenthold came after The Post requested comment for a Thursday story he wrote with two colleagues. The story, co-bylined by reporters Josh Dawsey and Joshua Partlow, detailed howPresident Trump's company "charged the U.S. government more than $900,000" for hotel rooms fees among other services at Mar-a-Lago.
In a statement, White House spokesperson Judd Deere accused The Washington Post of "blatantly interfering with the business relationships of the Trump Organization" and demanded "it must stop."

"Please be advised that we are building up a very large 'dossier' on the many false David Fahrenthold and others stories as they are a disgrace to journalism and the American people," Deere said.

When asked by CNN Business for further information about the dossier, Deere declined to comment. Neither White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany nor White House director of communications Alyssa Farah responded to additional emails seeking comment.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
In a statement, White House spokesperson Judd Deere accused The Washington Post of "blatantly interfering with the business relationships of the Trump Organization" and demanded "it must stop."

Maybe don't use the office of the fucking President to enrich the business interests of the Trump Organization then.

Mcspooky

Oct 26, 2017
But he learned his lesson and would not do it again.
This shit is so illegal. If these fuckers do not end up in jail I am going to lose my shit.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
This is a great time for journalists from all the publications to come together and stand behind the WaPo.
Because if they do go after him, and potentially ruin him in some way, that's open season on any journalist.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
But he learned his lesson and would not do it again.
This shit is so illegal. If these fuckers do not end up in jail I am going to lose my shit.

Get prepared to lose your shit then. Rich white people going to jail? Slap on the wrists at absolute worst. More likely they will be handsomely rewarded. What a world we live in eyy?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This is a great time for journalists from all the publications to come together and stand behind the WaPo.
Because if they do go after him, and potentially ruin him in some way, that's open season on any journalist.
It's been open season since 2016. Remember the MAGA bomber?

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
On one hand, fucking disturbing and fuck, this is dark.

On the other hand, this is the gang that can't shoot straight what's going to be in this dossier but 'They donated 500 bucks to Democrats in 2008! They were divorced three times! She's a woman! etc'

That said, hopefully this helps them make a firm stand and stop with the 'both sides' when reporting the news stories

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
"Oh, you have a dossier on me? Well, I have a dossier on you!"

Except, you know, only one of these people is the President of the United States, and it's not the journalist.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
The nation is currently suffering from pandemic, systemic racism, underfunded USPS, economic crisis, and a category 4 hurricane making landfall in the southern US. BUT LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW MEAN THE MEDIA IS TO TRUMP.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
The crazier thing to me is that they're doing this not to protect the White House itself or the government but a private business owned by the president. This is pure insanity.

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PikXSLJ.png

The romans used to call this a prescription list.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
People need to understand that freedom of the press does not vanish overnight. We are seeing it happen.

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
In a statement, WHITE HOUSE SPOKESPERSON Judd Deere accused The Washington Post of "blatantly interfering with THE BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS OF THE TRUMP ORGANIZATION" and demanded "it must stop."

I mean, if you can't see what's wrong here, then I'm not sure what to say.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Controlling the media anyway they can is high priority for fascist governments.

Nov 16, 2017
So the government is threatening individual members of the press to silence them.

I wonder if there is an amendment for that.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Lord, back to Nixon.

But maybe more dangerous. People see Trump name someone/a group as an enemy and try to murder them.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Im getting real House of Saud energy from that "disgrace to journalism and the American people" fascist bullshit

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I've been following this guy on Twitter since around when Trump got in office. I've never followed anyone who's more by the book, just showing the numbers and tracking down those leads. You'd never even get a sense of what party he belongs to. Unless I've missed some more personal posts of his.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm not in the know on the details of the usa's laws and systems, and obviously trump and his administration don't give a fuck about breaking laws right now, but please tell me that there are some actual criminal laws to do with destruction of government files and records? I know records are meant to be kept for the archives etc, but please tell me that them not doing so or actively destroying records and documents is a crime that can get jail time?

In my mind I'm hoping if america doesn't do the dumb thing and vote for trump again, then once biden is president and he gets his DoJ then they can look through every damn record, document and email or whatever these fucks have written for all this illegal shit not caring that it's a crime as trump is president. I assume if he loses the election they are gonna try and trash it all to cover it up but obviously then it's clear files were missing and with how this administration leaks and how trump wont have any power over them, surely the fear of criminal charges for destroying the stuff would prevent lower down the chain workers doing it when told to?

Oh and I forget, is the president the one who decides what's classified etc? We know from reports for years now that trumps team have been hiding shit in that classified document server to keep everyone from knowing how fucked it all is, can biden just open it up, check whats there and release it to the Doj or public? People need to see what went on the last 4 years if any trust in American government can be earned back and just hiding all trumps shit behind a lets move on notion won't work.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
That reporter just got a title for his autobiography....

"The Many False David Fahrenthold and others stories"

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
My major fear is that even if Biden wins in November these crimes committed by the Trump admin aren't going to be fully investigated and punished. This country has a terrible habit of "moving on" after periods like this and it's only going to lead to the ever-present threat of more Kleptocracy in the future.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Oh look, more stupid fascism.
The crazier thing to me is that they're doing this not to protect the White House itself or the government but a private business owned by the president. This is pure insanity.
Trying to erase the idea that they ever had masks on to begin with.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing how clear and comprehensive they are in being fascists. They make sure they have all the fascist checkboxes checked as publicly as possible.

So I'm not in the know on the details of the usa's laws and systems, and obviously trump and his administration don't give a fuck about breaking laws right now, but please tell me that there are some actual criminal laws to do with destruction of government files and records? I know records are meant to be kept for the archives etc, but please tell me that them not doing so or actively destroying records and documents is a crime that can get jail time?
One of the big parts of the Mueller report is that the Trump Administration systematically and illegally destroyed large numbers of documents and records in order to thwart investigation. It was one of the recommended charges for obstruction of justice. Mueller left it up to Congress to prosecute like everything else, and like everything else Congress did nothing.

In short, it is a crime, especially for the President with the Presidential Records Act requiring all records and communications to be archived permanently, but they've already done this and got away with it completely. Of course it will continue, as there are no consequences. As with everything else.