• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
How is there anything wrong with this? I know we all want Trump to be impeached and imprisoned but y'all are making this into something it isn't and just coming across as ignorant. What law is broken by Trump asking the Ukrainian pres to look into corruption?

What does breaking the law have to do with impeachment?

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
For some reason, the "I stayed at your hotel" really sticks out to me. I would not be surprised if there's some financial impropriety there.
It's (barely) indirect bribery, the fact that so few seem to have a problem with this hurts my faith in humanity.

The fact that it's not just the leader that need rooms, but everyone that travels with him. Plus running up a tab in room service and whatever else you can charge for at his hotels. It's ridiculous.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You all think that Trump just incriminated himself. But what your actually seeing is 4D chess. The master at work.

/s if it wasn't obvious lol

Oct 25, 2017
Look good in election season. Otherwise why not start impeachment proceedings oh, I dont know, anytime the last 3 years for the myriad of horrible shit hes done?

Because this one is direct evidence of him attempting to illegally rig the 2020 election? This doesn't make anyone look good. It will shift the focus of the election from things like healthcare gun control and jobs (Places where Dems are strong) to a referendum on Trump. It nationalizes congressional elections when Democrats would be much better off with elections having a local focus.

Impeachment is a dangerous and polarizing path that you only go down when you think it's the only way to protect the Republic. Let's leave the takes about "publicity" and "PR" to the cable news pundits.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if there's an unspoken rule that access to Trump is only granted to people and corporate entities that feed his business interests by staging at his hotels, honestly.

Yeah, seems like a foregone conclusion at this point, and probably one of his first, earliest unwritten/unspoken policies that he implemented.

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
Wtf are you talking about?

Basically you're saying that you want trump to be right about biden (which is just another alt right conspiracy theory , ruining his chances against him, mean while strengthening trumps chances at re-election.

AKA if you like it or not, chances are biden v trump is your 2020 election

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
213/218 now according to MSNBC. 5 needed to go for enough to vote impeachment.

giphy.gif

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
It's a violation of the emoluments clause at the very least.

Yeah, foreign dignitaries abusing Trump properties was basically the first investigation started anywhere.

Mueller was also very interested in Ukrainian investment into Trump:
Special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into President Donald Trump's 2016 campaign has zeroed in on at least a dozen Ukrainian officials in politics and business who may have used Trump's 2017 inauguration to advocate for pro-Russia policies and business deals, The New York Times reported Thursday.

According to the report, various officials attended big-ticket events hosted by Trump's inauguration committee, using the opportunity to meet with Republican lawmakers and Trump allies, including by holding some meetings at Trump's hotel in Washington. Several of the officials reportedly hoped to gauge how they could become influential in the eyes of the new administration, in order to boost issues favorable to Russia — such as lifting U.S. sanctions imposed after Russia's seizure of Crimea — or land business deals

People mistakenly believe none of this is related to Mueller's investigations. But it all connects. It always connects.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Basically you're saying that you want trump to be right about biden, ruining his chances against him, mean while strengthening trumps chances at re-election.

I don't care if it's true or not about Biden. I just want Trump fucked and Biden to not win.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
What...the...fuck? Trump was all shouting from the rooftops about how everyone would apologize to him after releasing the transcript - and he actually released this? It's direct evidence of a crime. It's right there in the fucking transcript! Did he read it first? Does he think he's so far above consequences that he just decided to release it? I don't get it.
Trump does not live in reality. The only reason he's even gotten this far is because he almost exclusively lies and our broken political system doesn't have a contingency plan for shitty white dudes simply refusing to cooperate.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
They better do this shit immediately. If they hold off then it just lessens the meaning of it. We got lucky that Trump did this and we didn't have to try for something that was "settled".

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Basically you're saying that you want trump to be right about biden (which is just another alt right conspiracy theory , ruining his chances against him, mean while strengthening trumps chances at re-election.

That is NOT what that poster said lmao

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Probably posted already, but just GOP things:

>

Manu Raju @mkraju

Kevin McCarthy said he hadn't read the transcript shortly after its release this morning, but contended that it was the Ukraine president who brought up the Bidens first. Transcript shows it was Trump who brought up Biden.

1:41 PM - Sep 25, 2019

Ashley Parker @AshleyRParker

This morning, the White House invited a dozen Republican lawmakers to the White House to review the transcript before it was released to the public -- and to discuss among themselves and ask questions of White house officials. At one point, Trump called in from New York. (1/2)

11:41 AM - Sep 25, 2019

Ashley Parker @AshleyRParker

Among the invited Republican lawmakers: Representatives Liz Cheney, Doug Collins, Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan, Kevin McCarthy, Mark Meadows, Devin Nunes + Steve Scalise. And Senators Capito, Cramer, Johnson, Perdue + Risch https://twitter.com/AshleyRParker/status/1176884380226248709 …

11:42 AM - Sep 25, 2019

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
As far as public opinion go, I dont think that changes much. Who still support him is the people that are "tired of politics" and believe the "drain the swamp" thing, think he does great things etc etc. I think it is easily twistable for him to make it look like he was just trying to "get to the bottom of it" and even make Biden the one bad in the situation - not to everybody, but to the people that still like him. No idea how this influences any Impeach vote, but I doubt this is enough to flip Republican votes.

Let's see how it goes.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
That impeachment ticker on CNN better hit 218 today. At this point if you are on the fence, you deserve to be investigated as well.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
The thing is, we all know that Trump has broken many laws already but nothing fucking happened to him and people don't seem to give a shit. This shit with the Ukraine is simple enough for people to understand that Trump definitely did break the law but you already got dumbasses saying that it's not entirely clear if he broke the law or not.

Either way, impeachment is Dems vs Repubs. Trump ain't getting removed by the Senate so it's just a war about which side can control the narrative better. The Dems with the obvious fucking truth, or the Repubs trying to defend their mob boss leader.

Oct 27, 2017
So say republicans try to make the argument that there is no direct evidence of any sort of quid pro quo exchange here. I think there is clear evidence of that but I think I have already seen republicans saying there is no direct evidence of that. Is asking a forgeign government to investigate a US citizen/political opponent inherently illegal?

Basically, assume that Trump did not do anything in regards to withholding aid to Ukraine (even though I think he definitely did), would the act of asking a foreign government to investigate Biden alone be considered illegal and if so by what law.

I just really want to stress that I do not believe Trump to be innocent at all, I just want to anticipate how Republicans will try to argue against all this (saying there is no quid pro quo) and then see if you can still easily point to the asking for Biden to be investigated as illegal, thus necessitating impeachment.

Then again, based on what others have answered, impeachment does not seem to require an overtly illegal act, just whatever congress deems as something unfit for office. The only reason I am asking about what is considered legal/illegal is I cannot imagine republicans would ever support impeachment based on something being considered "not proper." I think for any republicans to actually switch sides it has to be something overtly illegal, which is incredibly stupid but that is where we are.

EDIT:

This post seems to answer my question. I thought "getting dirt" on Biden could be considered something of vale and thus violate campaign finance law. I just wanted to see someone else confirm it. Thanks for this response!
Pretty sure it's an FEC (Federal Election Commission) violation. But would need to look more into myself.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I guess my real question is, does this cause people to flock back to Biden in the dem primary because they feel the need to defend?

I doubt it. People have pretty much made up their mind on Biden at this point. He's going to win the primary but it's entirely because of his base. People who don't like him aren't going to jump to defend him from this shit.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, it might have something to do with Dems only regaining control of the house 9 months ago...

Oh right, forgot about that.

I still remember this very forum being pretty incensed at Pelosi for not starting impeachment proceedings anytime in the last 9 months, but I digress. Happy this is happening but I dont have much hope