• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
So I'm guessing no more Fauci at these briefings, if not a silent firing?

Fauci admits earlier Covid-19 mitigation efforts would have saved more American lives
www.cnn.com

Fauci admits earlier Covid-19 mitigation efforts would have saved more American lives

Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday that calls to implement life-saving social distancing measures faced "a lot of pushback" early in the US coronavirus outbreak and that the country is now looking for ways to more effectively respond to the virus should it rebound in the fall.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017

www.cnn.com

Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday that calls to implement life-saving social distancing measures faced "a lot of pushback" early in the US coronavirus outbreak and that the country is now looking for ways to more effectively respond to the virus should it rebound in the fall.
I do love how he has to tiptoe around the line between common sense and not outright calling Trump a moron.

For example, whenever someone asks if acting earlier would've saved more lives (no fucking shit it would) he starts off with a "Well, it's not that simple..." and goes on to list it and other things that also could've been done.

The only reason he's doesn't answer the question straight out is because he knows how sensitive Trump is.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

www.cnn.com

I watched the exchange. He gives himself cover. He never blames dumbass fuckstick stupid pants Trump's. Just answers speculatives. That shit dumb the orange can't really pin on him.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Trump retweeting #FIREFAUCI is an ominous sign

I do wonder if it would be better if he just fired Fauci. Fauci would no longer need to play song and dance with Trump and could just blast the airwaves with what he really wants to say, and would likely be able to reach more people and have them take things seriously than what is currently going on.

Someplace like California could give him the resources and platform he deserves and he can work with California to provide supplies to the states the Trump admin is going to neglect. Make Trump look even worse, and then when a Dem president is back in they could hire Fauci back.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love how Trump clings to that fucking China ban. Like, it's the one time his rabid xenophobia came in handy and yet he did nothing with the time it bought so it ended up worse.

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
I do wonder if it would be better if he just fired Fauci. Fauci would no longer need to play song and dance with Trump and could just blast the airwaves with what he really wants to say, and would likely be able to reach more people and have them take things seriously than what is currently going on.

Someplace like California could give him the resources and platform he deserves and he can work with California to provide supplies to the states the Trump admin is going to neglect. Make Trump look even worse, and then when a Dem president is back in they could hire Fauci back.

not really cause then they will say because he was fired he is a disgruntled employee and just wants to get revenge and ruin trump by ruining the us economy. I mean there's never a winning point with these people.

i_am_ben

Oct 27, 2017
I love how Trump clings to that fucking China ban. Like, it's the one time his rabid xenophobia came in handy and yet he did nothing with the time it bought so it ended up worse.

This is true.

Australia enacted travel bans too, but started testing much earlier, ramped up contact tracing and prepared the hospital system.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
not really cause then they will say because he was fired he is a disgruntled employee and just wants to get revenge and ruin trump by ruining the us economy. I mean there's never a winning point with these people.
The people you are talking about aren't going to listen to him in the first place. I'm talking about the people who actually would listen to him, including the Governors of states taking things seriously. Him having to tip toe around what he actually wants to say makes it a lot harder to clearly see what we should be doing.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017

Nearly 2000 dead a day(and likely under-reported), leading the world in mortality and cases(despite inadequate testing), says the ban did nothing.

It reeks of the sort of strategy that was working for three years when most people aren't actually paying attention and there isn't a way to neatly quantify the failure.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nearly 2000 dead a day(and likely under-reported), leading the world in mortality and cases(despite inadequate testing), says the ban did nothing.

It reeks of the sort of strategy that was working for three years when most people aren't actually paying attention and there isn't a way to neatly quantify the failure.
The ban did make us get our first 100 cases later than most other places, so it did buy us time. We just didn't do anything with that time. And we didn't react quickly once it started to tick up either. Since our actual response was so fucking bad, it didn't actually help in the end.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
The ban did make us get our first 100 cases later than most other places, so it did buy us time. We just didn't do anything with that time. And we didn't react quickly once it started to tick up either. Since our actual response was so fucking bad, it didn't actually help in the end.
Fair enough in that regard.

But the current narrative is selling the ban as some sort of milestone action to steam the actual virus, not just a step amongst many to buy time for the larger steps needed to be taken. In that context it was nothing of the sort.

Which is what I am speaking to with that.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Welcome to the coronavirus briefing, sponsored by OANN. Please welcome Dr. Oz, our new NIAID Director.

"We don't know when it's going to end. Please stop asking. Everyone go back to work tomorrow."

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Ive stopped watching these brain cell killing circus shows but I want tot see if Papa Fauchi will still be there. I know that orange cheeto is just itching to fire him.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
OMG who are these two reporters talking about??!

I have it cranked and heard

"Do you know ___ ___ is?"
"No I stay away far away from him in the good times"
Something about danger
"I think he looked better ____"
"She re-emerged"
"Video of her walking around"

I'm so bored and nosey lol

E: Someone just tried to force feed them all Fox News.

09O7Nmo.png

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Feel for Fauci having to go up there to try and damage control this.

Although it's rather surreal that this is the dominant story of this press conference tbh - probably best just to try and put it to bed and focus on other aspects

Oct 28, 2018
Can't believe Fauci has to deal with this bullshit, it's unbelievable. Props to him for sucking it up and putting his pride aside for the sake of the nation.