• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Most of the other ones either have more calories or less alcohol content. Theres only a couple I've find that are =<100 calories and 5% ABV like White Claw. Are there any that are higher ABV and 100 calories or under?

TheLastCandle

Oct 25, 2017
Harrisburg, PA, USA
It's fine. I have a bit of a grudge against spiked seltzers in general as I work for a smaller craft cidery/brewery and we make a few for contracts.

They are a god damned pain in the ass to make and package. Much harder than beer.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Whiteclaw and most hard seltzer's taste like you dropped nail polish remover and aspartame into a lacroix, whatever they use for the malt liquor just tastes bad. Would take even a light beer over one any day of the week, still steal them from my girlfriend sometimes tho when she buys a variety pack.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I give them a 4/10 if we are talking about an alcoholic beverage I might enjoy.

If we only count flavored malt beverage then it is 9/10 from what I have tried.

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
I enjoy them.

5%, not sugary or sweet, not heavy. I can drink a 12 pack throughout the day and not get all bloated like with beer and not get destroyed like with hard alcohol.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I enjoy them a great deal despite the memes and stereotypes. They're pricy compared to cocktails you could make at home but they're tasty enough given their (comparatively) high ABV and low caloric count. They're not my favorite but I'd pick them over almost any domestic beer from the major brands. They just bloat you with empty calories and sugar.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Everybody cracks jokes about white claws until they have one or two and they realize they're sufficiently tipsy on like no calories of juice.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah they're great on a hot summer day. Idiots like to project weird gender roles with them, but you should never let a moron dictate your behavior.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I wanted to try them so I bought a case about two months ago. Then I remembered that I don't really ever drink anymore and they're still sitting in my fridge unopened. Sucks because the box takes up a lot of valuable real estate in the shelf too. I'd throw it away but it's still drinkable. It feels like it would be too much of a waste to throw it in the trash, so what I'll probably do instead is wait until past the expiration date and then throw it away a while from now. It'll feel like less of a waste if it's gone bad; then my only option is to bin it.
Maybe I'll try one soon though.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Decent for Day drinking.

I can fit a 12 in my kayak w/ ice which is great.

White Claw wasted / No laws when drinking Claws can be a fun time.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have since just decided that it's better to:
1. Get a seltzer you like
2. Add a gin you like to it
tastes better and has roughly the same amount of calories depending on how much gin you add

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really enjoy the taste of any alcohol so white claws are perfect. Low calorie, taste like mediocre fruit drinks, and get me fucked up. Having to drink a super calorie heavy drink isn't something I want to do. My enjoyment of drinking has never been for taste.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
I've recently been going back and forth between the black cherry white claw and black cherry bud light seltzer. The Bud light one has a bit more black cherry flavor, but also has more of an alcohol/beer flavor too it.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Trader Joes has pretty good ones. $6 for 6!

The Lemon is good.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Tried the raspberry now they are in the UK and it just tastes like shitty barely flavoured sparkling water, not worth the £2.50 i spent. Maybe the other two flavours are better? think we've got black cherry and lime.