• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
I think we can safely say the rats are fleeing the ship

White House Knew of Whistle-Blower's Allegations Soon After Trump's Call With Ukraine Leader

The week after the call, the officer delivered a somewhat broad accusation anonymously to the C.I.A.'s general counsel, Courtney Simmons Ellwood, according to multiple people familiar with the events. The initial allegations reported only that serious questions existed about a phone call between Mr. Trump and a foreign leader.
As required by government policy, Ms. Ellwood began to try to assess whether a "reasonable basis" for the accusation existed. During the preliminary inquiry, Ms. Ellwood and a career C.I.A. lawyer learned that multiple people had raised concerns about Mr. Trump's call.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Trump filled the entire executive branch with cronies and now the fruits it bore are getting exposed.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Sounds like the whistleblower filed a report through the CIA council anonymously first and the Whitehouse was aware of the complaints prior to the agent filing the whistleblower report.

This is how they know who it is would be my guess.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So still only one whistleblower but he filed a second report with the CIA and in their own investigation, it turns out multiple people freaked at that phone call?

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Sounds like the whistleblower filed a report through the CIA council anonymously first and the Whitehouse was aware of the complaints prior to the agent filing the whistleblower report.

This is how they know who it is would be my guess.
Around this time is when Trump ordered a list of all the top spies in the country, yeah?

Always seemed odd. And then his other comments about not liking spies and then another spy's current status was revealed...

Was a busy month starting around this time.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
01tekashi-1-articleLarge.jpg

That boy won't need witness protection if he takes down Trump. He'll be a god damn national hero.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Maddow explained it.

The first report was an internal anonymous complaint at an intelligence agency (which we know to be the CIA). The agency conducted an internal investigation and found that many other people had already already complained about the phone call in question. This complaint was forwarded to the White House in the course of the investigation.

When the whistleblower saw this, fearing that his complaint would be railroaded, he non-anonymously filed a complaint as a whistleblower, assuming protection. This complaint, of course, was found to be credible, then bafflingly sent to the White House counsel and the Department of Justice, who ruled that it should not be sent to Congress (even though the law explicitly says it must be, if credible, within 7 days). They also declared that the whistleblower wasn't due protection.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
The first complaint was forwarded to the whitehouse and it was decided that it would not be investigated.

Unbeknownst to those treasonous assholes, the whistleblower made a second complaint (the one we ended up learning about) 2 weeks later through the whistleblower program. And once again this info made its way to the whitehouse, but this time they couldn't quash it and they decided to play it like they have nothing to hide. Most people aren't buying it.

Trump admin knew and attempted a coverup by stashing the word-for-word transcript on a classified server even though there was 0 classified info during the call.

This administration fucking loves crime.