• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2019
Brazil
please read these comments:

i know people here don't know portuguese, but to summarize: literally EVERYONE thinks this is good news, people wanna enjoy their PS4; only people that are mad are the privileged people on Era. "oh, but now we won't have TRUE NEXT GEN" ok, but 100+ million have a PS4, we are in the biggest recession since... 100 years ago? let other people enjoy the entertainment, you'll get the shiny version too. smh

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Wait... people are actually upset here that there are cross-gen titles?

Good God, how pathetic.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
I'm not mad, I really thought cross-gen could be bad for the games' potential but Sony fooled everyone. Just look how gorgeous those games are.

If it's going to be that way, I am all for it, and it's not like they don't have next-gen exclusives.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
People are upset because A) cross-gen holds next-gen back and B) Sony is obfuscating the fact the games are cross-gen.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
where have you been for the last 2 months?
I don't believe there was much in the way of confirmation (until today) that these titles would be cross-gen. Even when it comes to the Xbox stuff, it didn't seem to be that large of an outcry about it. Maybe I just was fortunate enough to have missed a lot of those replies and topics up until now.
I think it's less about there being cross gen games, and more about Sony intentionally misleading people about their stance on the matter.
See, I can understand getting upset about that. Sony has been cagey about a lot of stuff surrounding the games and reveals so far. Just look at the FF16 thing and Demon's Souls.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Wait... people are actually upset here that there are cross-gen titles?

Good God, how pathetic.
Yeah, they've been shitting on Microsoft for months now because they would not have exclusive first party games at launch and now they're having a meltdown because more people will be able to play these games.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
Do you really have to twist people wanting to get next-gen only games into them shitting on poor countries? That's low.

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, a lot of people here seem to want gaming to be completely priced out of even a large part of the working classes in "1st world countries" all for marginal increases in graphics and performance.

See also complaints about Xbox Series S and Halo being cross gen.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Enthusiast forum has a different reaction than Facebook. *mild shock*

Of course this would be a popular move with people that they don't need new hardware to enjoy a game. That's why Sony is doing it.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I'm unfortunately reminded of this tweet a bit, there's rarely much consideration for price or a global perspective around here from certain quarters. It's all about what I want.

newtonlod

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
The only thing I wanted was Demons Souls cross-gen too. Brazilian here too and god knows when and if I will ever have condition to get a PS5.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
I'm sure others have mentioned this already - but I don't really see people upset that these gamers aren't next gen exclusives, more so frustrated that it is pretty apparent that Sony was quite misleading about their generational transition stance. Furthermore, we have seen a bombardment of concern troll threads talking about how much the Xbox One would hold back Series titles - so I think it is fair for people to call this out.

Kitano

Mar 28, 2019
Era is a bubble, let's not forget it.

Today's showcase was great and the PS5 is more hyped than ever.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I think it's less about there being cross gen games, and more about Sony intentionally misleading people about their stance on the matter.
This is it. Sony told us these would be exclusive next gen experiences that would take advantage of the console and its new features, so of course we are disappointed that PS4 will hold back these games. OP, you're purposefully framing this as if we were being so kind of elitist fucks being mad at other people enjoying the games.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
This site makes me feel like a crazy person. Seeing so much doom and cynicism about next gen makes me feel like I'm the only one here that is excited. I would love to know what some people here were expecting

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
please read these comments:

i know people here don't know portuguese, but to summarize: literally EVERYONE thinks this is good news, people wanna enjoy their PS4; only people that are mad are the privileged people on Era. "oh, but now we won't have TRUE NEXT GEN" ok, but 100+ million have a PS4, we are in the biggest recession since... 100 years ago? let other people enjoy the entertainment, you'll get the shiny version too. smh
Yeah but have the Portuguese spent the last 2 months dunking on Xbots who don't believe in generations? Let them grieve.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, i think its fair to want games to be designed specifically around new hardware. But that said, i also agree that cross gen titles within the first year isnt really that big of a deal, and i agree that its good that more people get to play those games :)

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Please no reaction threads. Feel free to report this post for a thread open, or to remake it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.