• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
I understand why matchmaking took over in online multiplayer games, but by getting rid of the server browsers it also got rid of the community that would form from a constant sever that people would join. Making friends cause yall frequent the same sever is long and gone. :( Why cant both co-exist in games?

Galactor

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I understand why matchmaking took over in online multiplayer games, but by getting rid of the server browsers it also got rid of the community that would form from a constant sever that people would join. Making friends cause yall frequent the same sever is long and gone. :( Why cant both co-exist in games?
Certain people cant behave in a chatroom.. Also pedos

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018

Matchmaking for official servers.
Server browser for community servers.

That's my ideal scenario. Actually allowing server browsers to display official servers makes it hell for the matchmaking systems and models, as we have learned time and again with Battlefield.

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no reason why you can't have both.

Most people would choose matchmaking, other can host there own lobbies or search open lobbies.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Battlefields browser was a nightmare but matchmaking also isn't the best way.