• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Yoshi game has the best art style?

• Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Votes: 107 64.8%
  • Yoshi's Story

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Yoshi's Woolly World

Votes: 41 24.8%
  • Yoshi's Crafted World

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Which do you got?

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

2ZL4.gif

Yoshi's Story

tumblr_ovycs5SAW31rrftcdo1_540.gifv

Yoshi's Woolly World

tumblr_n70mwaLQsk1rp3wg0o1_500.gifv

Yoshi's Crafted World

tumblr_pnrhzj43ah1rrftcdo1_400.gifv

and as a bonus we can add

Kirby's Epic Yarn

SmugTautBumblebee-size_restricted.gif

Personally I gotta go with Yoshi's Island. There's just something about how it looks that I can't get enough of.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
It's Yoshi's Island, yeah. Woolly World is great, but I feel like no Yoshi game that's tried the handicraft style has totally nailed it in a way that satisfies me, personally.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Woolly World is cute but Yoshi's Island is one of the best looking 16 bit games ever.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Yoshi's Island, Woolly World would be my first choice but it lost the novel factor being an artstyle inspired in Kirby's Epic Yarn.

PD: I need that game on Switch too ):

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately Yoshi peaked at his first main game, especially in terms of art style. Like, just take a look at those backgrounds and sprites. The chunky black outlines, and coloring is great, and every background is beautiful.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Yoshi's Story, like most other sprite-dominant games on N64, is ruined by trilinear filtering. I'm struggling to find a version with the blur removed, is there any good footage of how that looks?

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Woolly World is my favorite, but I love the looks of the original and Crafted World too

Shoutouts to New Island's colored pencil aesthetic even though the 3DS wasn't high res enough to really pull it off.

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
Yoshi's Island's style still seems fresh to me despite it's exact looks being done in Yoshi's Island DS and Touch and Go. By the time Yoshi's Island DS came out I thought they should have tried a new art style though. Now I want it back!

You know whats funny? For years and years I kept looking at Yoshi's Story, Wooly World, Topsy Turvey and Crafted World thinking why don't they go back to a "regular" art style? Whats with all the hand created stuff all the time, Yoshi's Island didn't... My mind was blown!

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
I'm biased because Yoshi's Island is one of my favorite games ever, so my answer is that.

But, at the time, Yoshi's Story was graphically amazing and full of style. Sadly, that was undermined by the fact it was a really disappointing sequel to Island.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I voted for wooly world but crafted world is as good

Anyone that votes for yoshi story needs to meet me in the back alley for a beating because dear god that game