• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which 2020 game from Xbox Game Studios are you looking forward to the most?

• Wasteland 3

Votes: 31 9.3%
  • Psychonauts 2

Votes: 44 13.3%
  • Grounded

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Tell Me Why

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Minecraft Dungeons 2

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Votes: 170 51.2%
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator

Votes: 42 12.7%

• Total voters

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
With Microsoft ramping up their gaming division, we'll see a lot more games from XGS next year and the years after that.

Which game set for 2020 from Microsoft are you looking forward to the most, besides the obvious choice of Halo Infinite?
And if it isn't in this poll (damn you, poll options on era!), please use reply as the other option.

Other options can be:
- Age of Empires 3 DE
- Battletoads
- Gears Tactics
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Ultimate Edition
- Bleeding Edge
and whatever I'm missing

and please tell me why! (pun intended)

Last edited:

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
It's really hard to pick just one, but I guess it would have to be Ori. I'm also really excited for Tell Me Why, Grounded, Minecraft Dungeons, Battletoads, and Psychonauts 2.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minecraft Dungeons 2 already? I yet have to play the first one :P

Jokes on that typo aside, that's my pick. Had the chance to play it and it's a riot, I can see myself sink many hours in that one.

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
Really tough question. Looking forward to pretty much all of these games. Ended up picking Wasteland 3 cause I can't wait to see what that looks like with the increased budget.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Psychonauts 2 for me, then Ori.

Wasteland 3 looking a lot more fun than 2 was, but not gonna get too hyped yet.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
super excited for ori 2 and psychonauts 2, and eventually playing them on xcloud. or maybe my 2015 laptop can run them, i dunno. tell me why is something i eventually want to play also.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Psychonauts 2. Then Wasteland 3. Would like to see more of EverWild before forming an opinion on it.

OP
OP
SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
To be fair, if MC Dungeons is really as good as the previews show, a second installment is just a matter of time.

;)

May 10, 2019
Ori, followed by Wasteland 3, followed by Psychonauts 2, followed by Flight Simulator. Halo doesn't even register for me really.

Jan 4, 2018
With Microsoft ramping up their gaming division, we'll see a lot more games from XGS next year and the years after that.

Which game set for 2020 from Microsoft are you looking forward to the most, besides the obvious choice of Halo Infinite?
And if it isn't in this poll (damn you, poll options on era!), please use reply as the other option.

Other options can be:
- Age of Empires 3 DE
- Battletoads
- Gears Tactics
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Ultimate Edition
and whatever I'm missing

and please tell me why! (pun intended)
Voted Wasteland 3 because PoE2 and Gears Tactics were not on the list, otherwise it could've been any 1 of the 3

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
It has to be Will of the Wisp, its in my top 3 overall for most anticipated games of 2020

I loved the original game, but found the combat to be lacking, and Will of the Wisps seems to be a huge improvement in that front

My top 3 of XGS for 2020 would be Ori ''2'', Psychonauts 2 and Tell Me Why

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
In a year with some ridiculous heavy hitters, Psychonauts 2 is still amongst my most anticipated for the year, so it's that one by a mile. I wasn't insanely hyped for it with the announcement, but just seeing Raz hopping around in glorious HD has me hyped.

I liked the first Ori pretty well, too, but the sequel is in a distant second here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Definitely Psychonauts 2, followed by Minecraft Dungeons. I'd replace the latter with Ori 2, but I've yet to get around to finishing the first game. :( I have every intention of fixing that at some point, though.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Ori, bar none, stands among the best platformers ever created. I'm excited for Flight Simulator, but Ori is an easy choice.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Also pretty excited for Wasteland 3. I finally went back and completed the second game last month, and there's so much potential there held back by technical issues. Smoothing those out and using the more powerful tools at hand could make for something really special.

The close release date certainly helps with my enthusiasm as well.

OP
OP
SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
For me it's a toss up between Tell Me Why and Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Both games look really interesting to me, and both of 'm will probably be emotional rollercoasters.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Voted for Ori in the poll but Ori, Wasteland and Gears Tactics are my top 3.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Tell Me Why for sure

Only played Minecraft for 15 minutes but excited for Dungeons

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I may not have been in a position to back Psychonauts 2 on Fig several years ago, but that was/is a dream game of mine. I'm incredibly excited by the prospect of Microsoft being a funding safety net as it finishes development, and that I as a Game Pass subscriber will not have to spend any additional money to play the game on day one. Hopefully it's the start of Microsoft going all in on 3D adventure platformers. I gotta finish Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin on PSVR to get ready.

Tell Me Why looks like my jam, fingers crossed that the transness is respectfully handled both in the product and behind the scenes.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is a lock.

I hope to like Bleeding Edge, and if I do like it I'm concerned none of my friends will play it, and I'm not a LFG person.

Halo Infinite is the big one though; I have huge hopes for it.

And TMCC cross-play between PC and console would be my XGS development of the year, even if it's just campaign co-op. A meaningful update to an XGS GaaS title like SoT could low-key be my XGS moment of 2020, especially with Scarlett enhancements likely dropping.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Flight Sim is slowly becoming one of my most anticipated releases of 2020, they seem to knocking it out of the park with that one in ways that genre has needed for a very long time.

Miaus

Jan 28, 2018
Ori and then Wasteland 3, but I haven't played Pillars of Eternity 1 or 2 yet, so I have to fix that.