• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which would you want most from Bend Studio?

• Days Gone 2

Votes: 281 43.3%
  • New Syphon Filter

Votes: 321 49.5%
  • New Bubsy

Votes: 47 7.2%

• Total voters

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone ends on a straight setup for a sequel and has sold really good. Not even a question what will happen.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Do we even have any AAA spy espionage game anymore now? Metal Gear, Splinter Cell and Syphon Filter are all dead now.
Nope, not really. Which is why I rather have a new SF instead of Days gone.

Splinter cell has been teased for AGES, yet we get nothing but cameos or Easter eggs. Kojima won't make another MGS and Konami laughs at AAA video games.

I think xbox is rumoured to get a new perfect dark. Honestly can't think of anything else.

Nov 8, 2017
I want a PS5 exclusive Days Gone 2. Nothing held back or compromised to make it work with the PS4 as well. I really loved Days Gone and would love to see what they're able to accomplish with massively better hardware. Honestly I'm excited to see whatever they do next.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I want a PS5 exclusive Days Gone 2. Nothing held back or compromised to make it work with the PS4 as well. I really loved Days Gone and would love to see what they're able to accomplish with massively better hardware. Honestly I'm excited to see whatever they do next.
Presumably, more zombies and bigger hordes. Anyway, I think Days Gone have a problem balancing their game between stealth survival gameplay where you sneaking around clearing bandit camp with limited resources etc with horde gameplay where you need lots of ammo to fight hordes.

The end result is the main game is mostly about stealth survival type of game and left the hordes mostly for end/post optional game content. Which is just weird considering the hordes gameplay are supposed to be their main game pitch.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I like Days Gone, even more than Horizon, and Days Gone 2 is obvious, fortunately.

But I really don't mind if they return to Syphon Filter, and it doesn't need to be Gabe Logan again.

Unless they're considering a remake... 🤷

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I want to see Day's Gone see it's full potential with a bigger budget, more open and more survival.

The most underrated game of last year.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
As much as I liked DG and the hook at the end, I'd really like a new spy/espionage non-open world games. While I really like DG, there are plenty of other zombie games if I want to scratch that itch. That said, it's almost 100% they're working on DG2.

Oct 27, 2017
Days Gone

Let another dev take Syphon Filter. Bend killed Gabe off for a reason and that should be respected.

So to answer the question: Give me both.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone 2 easily, the first one was excellent and my GOTY. Just imagine what they'll be able to achieve with more power and the blazing fast SSD, them hordes will be glorious!

After that I wouldn't mind a new Syphon Filter or something entirely different, but DG absolutely deserves and needs a sequel.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Never played Syphon Filter but Days Gone is excellent, so a sequel would be most welcome.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I want Days Gone 2 and I want it to be the last Days Gone. I feel like a tight, two-part story would be awesome. I mean the "secret" ending of Days Gone is one of the best cliffhangers in every PS4 exclusive lol.
I don't think I want Bend to go back to Syphon Filter ever, and I don't think that they want to either. I'd give Bend a new IP or let them pick any IP from the vast Sony library, Syphon Filter is a project I'd rather give someone like Bluepoint, or a third party dev or even someone like Guerilla at this point.

El Crono

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
I never got into the Syphon Filter train back in the original PS days, but I've heard good things about those games. A new entry would be a perfect chance to jump in.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Days Gone was very successful so I'm assuming they will make a sequel of some sort.

Apo

Oct 28, 2017
They should do whatever they want. I hope that we get another Days Gone. But a new Syphon Filter would be fine, too. Or they make a 007 stealth-action game instead.

TheSantry

Dec 25, 2017
I'd like to see Bend reboot Syphon Filter before returning to Days Gone. Would be cooler if Sony Pictures let PS Studios take a crack at some of their film IP too.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Loved loved loved Days Gone. The bestest kind of swimming in sevens.

But I'd be down for a new, modern take on Syphon Filter. We need more spy games asap since Sam Fisher's solo adventure is still MIA.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
The answer is DG2 because that franchise (I guess we can call it one now) has the best elevator pitch in gaming:
"Walking Dead but bikers"

I want to see Day's Gone see it's full potential with a bigger budget, more open and more survival.

It's a shame but also a great achievement that Days Gone was done by so few people.
We probably will never find out how much the budget was compared to other Sony exclusives but it's not hard to imagine that corners had to be cut.

For Days Gone 2 I want them to do it the RDR2 way. Keep Deacon, Boozer and them in the universe but use a different main character.
After DG1 was set in a rural landscape the dream setting for DG2 would be Portland. An urban environment with some suburbs sprinkled it. Loved the open world section in TLOUII, would love to tear through a city like that with Deacon.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Days Gone 2 by a long shot. Not that Syphon Filter is bad, but it had its time in the sun. Bend tackled that series through multiple entries.

Days Gone is, in my opinion, a sleeper hit. It's a damn good game, and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the story, even after its Ho hum start. I was genuinely invested in the narrative, and it just kept upping the ante and building up, and had a really, really intriguing ending that has me really excited for a sequel.

On the gameplay front, I loved it as well. The bike is fun to drive, the weapons you get are fun to use, and battling hordes of zombies is both terrifying and exciting. I'm glad it still performed well commercially, because I imagine the PS5 sequel is going to surprise a lot of people. For a new IP, it's core foundations are damn solid. A sequel expanding on those strengths is going to be excellent, I think.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
With Days Gone, I really feel like it was a good first effort for Bend Studio after a long period in which they made handheld games only. If they can do something similar to AC1 -> AC2 or U1 -> U2 (easier said then done, sure) then Days Gone 2 might very well be something special. Because I felt it had a lot of potential.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Syphon Filter. But Gabe needs to be able to crawl. MGS shouldn't be the only stealth game where you can go prone.

And AC3 inspired melee combat.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
after the crazy secret ending, it needs to be days gone 2. if they follow up on that, shit will be crazy.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Days Gone 2. For me it was one of the most enjoyable games I've played this generation. Days Gone was their first attempt at creating a AAA home console title. Given what they've learnt through the experience and with the increased power of the next-gen machines I can't wait to see where they go with the sequel.

Personally, though I'd rather they were given the chance to create a new IP, if Sony wanted another Syphon Filter title I'd get Bluepoint on the case.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I'll be honest here: Syphon Filter reboot.

But Days Gone has been highly successful for them so I'd say it's unrealistic to expect something else than Days Gone 2.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll be happy either way. Days Gone is one of my favorite open world games, while on the other hand there really isn't that many games left like Syphon Filter. I want both.

Last edited:

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
We gotta see how many freakers they can pack into the hordes on PS5. So Days Gone.
Bet they could do lots of cool things with the foundation now with better tech, like add cities. And have a more complex and organic ecology. There's a lot of potential.

But I do want to see the Syphon Filter taser animation in 4K.

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
Days Gone 2.
Days gone is one of the best open world games i've played/still playing.
Deacon is an amazing protagonist and the progression is great.
Looking forward what they'll do with a sequel

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Days Gone 2 if it has co-op.

Or a Syphon Filter Omega Strain follow up. Basically PS2's version of The Division...

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Days Gone, 100%. After seeing that 'secret' ending was I was just dying for a follow up. DG for me was a bloody good game. Bit rough but nothing they can't fix in a sequal. Hopefully they continue

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
Syphon Filter is just a generic and soulless action and semi-stealth game with a total absence of personality.

Days Gone is a fantastic game with a lot of space to improve in a sequel. So this one all the way.

jaffajones

Sep 9, 2020
Days Gone 2.

Give them another crack at it. I think that the story was a bit hit and miss but had some real highs with good characters. Same with the gameplay and world design, excellent in places, poor in other areas. A "lessons learned" sequel has real potential if they can add to it in some interesting ways (like Assassin's Creed or Uncharted did).

I think the sales figures for Days Gone has afforded them that at least. While the reviewers weren't in love with it overall, the game had heart and I think thats been reflected in the opinions I see from those I know who have played it.

Plus the PS5 CPU whould allow crazy amounts of on-screen zombies in hordes.

Then do a Syphon Filter!