• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Knack 3 or non-VR Astro Bot? Which would you be more interested in?

• Knack 3

Votes: 94 34.1%
  • non-VR Astro Bot

Votes: 182 65.9%

• Total voters

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Knack, an infamous franchise loved by some, poked fun at by many. Astro Bot, a beloved VR experience that set the benchmark on VR for many. The question is, if Japan Studio had to make one or the other would you prefer to see them make Knack 3, or a non-VR Astro Bot to play normally on TV?

Now many will say a lot of the charm and appeal of Astro Bot would be lost by removing the VR component and I won't argue otherwise, but it's a new franchise with a terribly cute mascot that would still have a lot of potential mass market appeal. Quite frankly I think we will eventually get a non-VR Astro Bot next gen.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I thought Astro Bot was supposed to be a good game. Why are we comparing it with Knack?

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Personally, I'd prefer an even bigger budget, VR-only Astro Bot sequel. That game was so imaginative, I'm confident that team has TONS more ideas.

OP
OP
vivftp

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Personally, I'd prefer an even bigger budget, VR-only Astro Bot sequel. That game was so imaginative, I'm confident that team has TONS more ideas.

Oh I'm sure we'll get that on PSVR2. I'm just pondering if Japan Studio wanted to make something with more mass market appeal that wasn't VR (we have no clue how well PSVR2 will sell afterall) then what would interest people more.

Lokoline

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
As much as I like Knack 2, a Astro Bot game without VR would be great.

Of course they could still make more for VR too like Rescue Mission series = VR and "whatever" series = traditional.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
None.
If they want to do a flat plataformer it should be a new IP cuz : 1) Knack is trash 2)Astrobot is a VR IP.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Glorious memes aside, who the hell cares about Knack? Lol.

I'd love to try Astro Bot but I don't have PSVR (and probably never will, since I already own a Vive).

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Geez Knack or a masterpiece VR game losing what makes it great. Great choices here, let's put Gex up there as well.

Fid

Jun 5, 2018
Detroit
Astro-bot without VR would be like a 2-D Mario 64.

It would probably be a fine game, but as sure as hell wouldn't be close to the same experience, and probably wouldn't be very different or stand-out from anything else.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why I would be interested on a non-VR Astrobot?

For me personally, it's because I don't have a VR headset. A better question is, why would I be interested in Knack 3?

Astro-bot without VR would be like a 2-D Mario 64.

It would probably be a fine game, but as sure as hell wouldn't be close to the same experience, and probably wouldn't be very different or stand-out from anything else.

Do you just think they aren't capable of making a game outside of VR? I remember thinking, of the Mario franchise at the time, (when Mario 64 was announced), "Why would anyone want to play a 3D Mario game?" "There is no way it will be as good as 2D Mario" (I think I was kind of right, but that's a different subject).

I'm just saying, I'm sure they could make a good non-VR 3D platformer. They can't do much worse than Knack anyway.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Astrobot wishes he was Knack.

Knack 3 without a doubt. Given the leaps 2 was ahead of 1 a third game would be an absolute masterpiece.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Why would I want a non VR Astrobot? Give me a sequel that's even better than the first and in VR. Knack can just die as a franchise, didn't warrant a sequel in the first place.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Non VR Astrobot wouldn't really make any sense, but pretty much anything would interest me more than Knack 3 so...

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Non-VR Astro Bot as the little robot are cute and I would like to play the game without VR as they give me headache.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Serious question. There seemed for a while that the sarcastic memes about knack were going right over some people's heads. Does that still happen?

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I'm not sure there's very many projects that could interest me less than another Knack game so I picked non-vr Astro Bot but I don't think that's a great idea either and doubt it'd have the same magic.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Knack II was given to us because we all memed too hard. I don't want to see what happens if we meme Knack 3 into existence.