• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna have to be my bedroom window. Has a big ol fan on it. Sometimes if I open the window and let the air blow, makes me feel like a depressed titanic scene.

I want this to be over :(

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I'm working from home, so either the window in my office or the big glass doors leading into the backyard. I often pace between the two like a dog who needs to go for a walk.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Spare bedroom since my office desk is right in front of it. I already worked from home so this has been my view for awhile.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't had a day off in almost two weeks so none but I plan to stare at my dog from the bedroom window when I get a day off.

zero2000

Oct 28, 2017
Temporarily get blinded by my upstairs window when I occasionally take the VR headset off.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
A few times a day I sadly stare out the window in my front door, at the empty street outside.

MoonScented

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Upstairs bedroom. Kids used to be out playing, people used to be walking their dogs. It's been dead silent since this really kicked off. Maybe I see 2-3 people all day.

Ultra lonely vibes.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
My living room looks out onto a beautiful park and the trees are coming into bloom. I get angry about how many people are out and about in it ignoring social distancing though.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
The big windows in my living room. Sometimes I get up and just stand at them and zone out lol. The view is of a nice little green space so it's a decent view lol

Oct 25, 2017
The one in my office looks out right at my neighbors roof and some trees, it's nice. I can pretend there's no street and think i'm living in the woods or something

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Our spare bedroom turned makeshift office. The view is actually pretty good out the window, to the trees in our back yard and a field beyond that, but I'm on the other side of the room so I've been staring at a blank wall.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, of course. We are all trapped in our homes and and unsure of what's going to come.

You aren't actually surprised, right?

Well I mean there's so many memes out there about how this is how introverts always are that I guess it's hard to remember that there are people who actually like going out.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Kitchen window. An urban fox occasionally suns itself in my (horribly overgrown!) back garden, and it's nice to catch a glimpse.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow this is really getting to people.

I've been a homebody for a very long time, but I'm used to leaving the house once a day. It's driving me insane now.

windows symbolize this idea of a world you can see but not explore and in isolation that symbolism is becoming strangely painful. I feel like where I was once able to say "wow I see that, I could walk to it" now I can't. I just have to look at it.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I open a side curtain in the living room to let light in when I'm working, but I'm not really looking out of it randomly. Dogs get their morning and afternoon walks and get let out a few times a day so I'm not hungry for outside.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The window in what we call the "front room", although it's officially a dining room, but we have never used it as that. My wife has always had a desk in there, but never used it too much until now. Since there isn't a door that can be closed on that room, we moved one of the cat towers in there and opened the blinds and the cats love the sunlight there. We have both been looking out that window pretty frequently now, especially watching/playing with the cats.

Oct 27, 2017
The sliding doors to the backyard.
Second would probably be the living room window out to the front yard.

I've gotten to where I peek out at any noise. Stuff I wouldn't have even noticed before is now making me perk up and look out. I guess guess I'm just desperate for any interaction with the outside world.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
The one facing all the construction across the street. And the 45 year old aspiring rapper that lives with his mom that blasts his shitty mix tape every time he drives home.

Oct 25, 2017
I work and sleep in the master bedroom - it's a big room so I keep my desk there.

This has proven to kind of suck because I spend waaaaaaaay too much time in this room. I don't want to work at the dinner table.

There is a nice view of a pond out the window though.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I have a garden, i go to the garden.
Thanos-1.gif

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I am still allowed to go outside and go for walks, it's not Cloverfield Lane here.

100%.

I've been taking walks around my neighborhood. I have no symptoms. I haven't kept in contact with people who had or now have symptoms. The neighborhood isn't crowded and I don't get up in other peoples' business when I'm out. I need to step outside to get the mail anyway.

In fact we've also been getting takeout a little bit more often lately as well, but then the wife's been a bit busy sewing up protective masks to give away and I can still do my job from home.