• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which game will you play first in Super Mario 3D All-Stars?

• Super Mario 64

Votes: 298 51.5%
  • Super Mario Sunshine

Votes: 151 26.1%
  • Super Mario Galaxy

Votes: 130 22.5%

• Total voters

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Probably Sunshine, as it's the worst and it's the title I've played the least of the 3. One good replay and it can disappear again for another decade or so.

Oct 28, 2017
I have l an itch to play Super Mario Sunshine. Used to own the game and never completed it. I still have my copy of Super Mario Galaxy, but that'll be the next to play after. I love Mario 64, but I've been playing it recently on my Wii U Virtual Console.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I am undecided between Sunshine and Galaxy, since I never played any of them, while I played Super Mario 64 (DS).
I suppose playing Sunshine first would be the best option, since Galaxy will be a better experience, but at the same time I am really looking to experience Galaxy. So it will be a difficult decision.
Honestly, Sunshine and Galaxy are really different, so I don't think it would hurt to play Galaxy first if you really want to. Sunshine is just a different kind of game completely, much closer to Mario 64.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Chrono order. May alt between 64 and Sunshine, but Galaxy will be last as it's the one I'm least familiar with, only playing once in 2007 and never again

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Probably Sunshine since I haven't played it since the year it released. I own a copy, I just can't bring myself to hook up my GameCube.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
Sunshine is phenomenal, but I'm curious how they handle the analog trigger controls.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
Mario 64 > Sunshine > Galaxy

Then maybe Galaxy 2 via emulators on PC if it's not released on the Switch by then.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I will try them all and then probably focus on Sunshine/Galaxy since 64 isn't really my jam. Who know, maybe this time it will click.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Probably Sunshine. Most interesting ports and seems like a lot of care went into it. Performance numbers for the other two are kinda disappointing.

I'm dying to try those challenge levels again.

MasonADC

Sep 28, 2018
sunshine has never be re released, so i will play that first.
Super mario galaxy is the best game of all time so I will play it next
64 will rot

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
i think ill go with sunshine, but men i really wished nintendo gave mario 64 a facelift. especially since we got a tease how it potentially would look in galaxy 2 thanks to the throwback galaxy.

Wariobenotware

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2020
If i was planning on buying this i would play them in chronological order. Heck i might on original hardware when this comes out.

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
Sunshine for sure. Might also play Galaxy at some point. I've played so much 64 back in the day that I don't really feel the urge to play it again.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I'll play them in release order, but months apart so I don't get burned out. Maybe just 64 this year.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
Sunshine is the only one I've barely played. So that.

But all this 30fps/60fps is making me want to play it through alternative methods.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Probably Sunshine. I don't believe I've played it since the Gamecube was still current, but there were reasons for that. We'll see.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Sunshine. I not really interested in Mario 64 on this release since I probably prefer to play on the original N64, but the later two are looking like to be a much better and clear release of them.

Peekles

Jun 18, 2020
Really not sure. Sunshine is my childhood favourite, but have only played Galaxy once and only ever played the DS version of Mario 64, so am pretty torn.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
I'll go in order, I've never played Sunshine or Galaxy though so I might rush through 64 to get to them.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I beat all 3 already so probably chronological.

I wonder how many people are going to be surprised at the mandatory inverted controls of Sunshine. I'm looking forward to hearing impressions from people who didn't buy the game at its launch.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
In Mario 64, we see Bowser's zenith of power as a demon lord, complete with Castlevania-esque music. With Sunshine, we see his attempt to retire from a life of villainy and becoming a family man. With the Galaxy, we see him rising even greater than before, extending his reach to the stars themselves. How can we appreciate the fall and rise of this tragic figure without playing the games in order?