• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which fighting game will sell better?

• Street Fighter VI

• Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One is the premier FGC series, the pioneer of the genre, and the one franchise which is perceived to be the most associated with the fortunes of fighting games as a whole, while the other is probably one of the most popular "event" games in the industry. Given how the other two threads went, I was genuinely curious to see what Era would think of this.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Brb, gonna make a new thread to find out if Era thinks if SFVI or MK11 will sell better
edit: oh fuck, of course someone already made that thread

battleborn27

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
The public really hasn't paid attention to Street Fighter since I was like in 7th or 8th grade when SF2 was still popular, so I would say Smash.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Smash by miles, all due respect to Street Fighter. Smash was always the bigger dog of the two in sales.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I know you like making threads PT but this really ain't the time.

Smash Ultimate

Argus

Oct 27, 2017
So people can make topics like this as long as they are well known, and yet I can't make the ones I wish I could after a year here?

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
We gotta stop this. I think Capcom's fucked up as much as the next guy and I think SF will never be what it used to be but we can't keep comparing it's sales to games like MK, Smash, Tekken and Injustice. Just let it do what it do.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We gotta stop this. I think Capcom's fucked up as much as the next guy and I think SF will never be what it used to be but we can't keep comparing it's sales to games like MK, Smash, Tekken and Injustice. Just let it do what it do.

Did you run out of ideas for topics?
Smash of course. Why even ask?

To be fair, PT only made this thread to mock my thread asking if Smash would outsell MK11 which itself was from another thread asking (in bad faith) if MK11 would outsell SFVI

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
IsKMzyq.png

Oct 27, 2017
At least we can all agree that it's not about the games we play, but about their sales. Their sales are our proxies in the war over good taste, poor taste. We have no real capital, not on a scale that matters, and so all we are left with are questions. Questions like

Which will sell better in the long run, Super Smash Bros Ultimate or Street Fighter 6?

Anyway, I'm playing Smash these days and uninstalled SFV. Been awhile since I played and I don't need it taking up the space. Also, Capcom's ads are dumb.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
which will sell better?

Half Life 3 or Half Life 2: Episode 3?

Mod, close this thread and warn anyone that try to replicate such nonsense please.

I've already reported btw.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo
There's nothing like the creativity of thread starters on vacation season.

In the meantime, no one is asking the real questions: which will outsell the other: Switch or souljaboy whatever?

Status
Not open for further replies.