• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing Outlast, Whistleblower, and Outlast 2 the week couple of weeks and I he more you read into the back story of the things that happen (or have happened) within in the universe, the more interesting I find the games to be.

I think with a proper writer and directer, someone like James Wan, a movie based on the Outlast series would be some cool spooky stuff.

Silent Hill is my favorite video game movie ever so that I'm a bit biased for horror games being turn into movies.

What game do you wish could be made into a film?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Titanfall

Just make it a balls to the walls action film with mech-combat, wall-running parkour, etc.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Metroid, but it's primarily an ambiance, mood, and action film with minimal dialogue, just like the games themselves. Kind of like a Samurai Jack in movie form, but with Samus as the protagonist exploring an alien planet.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
i kinda think there could be a decent bloodborne film or mini series to be made. could be a mix of david lynch opaque style story telling with maybe some over the top violence a la tarantino's kill bill.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
It USED TO BE Metal Gear Solid

Now?

God of War
Horizon
Devil May Cry
Alan Wake
Heavy Rain
Detroit

Yakuza?

OP
OP
El_Chino

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
I know how all of you Metroid fans feel.

I've been wanting a Halo movie FOREVER.

Deleted member 20941

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
None. I would however like to see someone like Hideo Kojima get the chance to create something. I mean he always tries really hard to bridge video games and cinema and seems like he's a super fan of the medium.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Let Phil Lord and Chris Miller pick any video game franchise. Whatever they pick, they will do something amazing with it.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
I prefer to see games that barely or has no story at all. Something like Fortnite.

Easy premise, the director can go wild.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I want a Destiny series rather than movie. All of the backstory lore for stuff like Twilight Gap, Battle of Six Fronts, etc. Sprinkle it with some brief moments of Rezzyl Azzir and Shin Malphur.

I feel like most games lend themselves more to a series, even if short, than a full-on movie as the movie wouldn't be a lot of time to do them justice.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I want a Destiny series rather than movie. All of the backstory lore for stuff like Twilight Gap, Battle of Six Fronts, etc. Sprinkle it with some brief moments of Rezzyl Azzir and Shin Malphur.

I feel like most games lend themselves more to a series, even if short, than a full-on movie as the movie wouldn't be a lot of time to do them justice.
That sounds really really really really really expensive.

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza 0. It's basically a movie already though.
This could be pretty tricky cause I don't think they should ignore the comedic part of Yakuza, and just a crime drama would be boring imo. I don't think Stephen Chow should direct it but the movie could have similar elements like in Kung Fu Hustle to make it work. It should have over-the-top action and comedic elements but include serious scenes as well.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
As long as video game movies remain terrible, none.

Hypothetically, assuming they could actually get a good writer/director? I'd like to see a Guillermo del Toro adaptation of Gravity Rush.