• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which announced Bethesda game are you most anticipating?

• Doom Eternal

Votes: 102 35.4%
  • Starfield

Votes: 62 21.5%
  • GhostWire: Tokyo

Votes: 25 8.7%
  • Deathloop

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • The Elder Scrolls VI

Votes: 79 27.4%

• Total voters

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
It has to be DOOM Eternal

Its the one we've seen the most (looking amazing) and its so close too

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Since the poll didn't have the option to choose multiple picks, I'll state here. DOOM Eternal and TES VI. Iam actually much more hyped about TESVI than DOOM.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Elder Scrolls VI. But it probably won't be out until 2025.

Also excited for Starfield...but I'm guessing that's a 2022-23 title.

So yeah...I'm going to be waiting a while.

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
Doom Eternal. Then after that I'm hoping all the management/people responsible (of course not the general staff) that completely fucked Fallout 76 have been fired and they learnt from the backlash to possibly make Elder Scrolls 6 ok.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
technically TES, but it may very well be at least 5-6 years away lol

so it's Starfield

like, FO76 sucked and FO4 could have been a lot better, bsg games are still very special and unique in many ways and a new setting for their formula is rather exciting. I have faith in Todd.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Doom Eternal

But since it will take a LONG time since I can play it, than i vote for the f2p Elder Scrolls game that will also release for the switch

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Elder Scrolls VI is the only one I'm interested in, but I'm more fearful about what modern Bethesda is going to do to my boy than excited.

Whatislove

Jan 2, 2019
Doom Eternal because it's the only one on that list that both interests me and doesn't seem like it'll be a train wreck.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
We don't know enough about Starfield, GhostWire, or Deathloop.

Elder Scrolls will probably be an Elder Scrolls game which means a casual vanilla RPG until modders get a hold of it.

Gotta be DOOM.

Oct 27, 2017
Excited isn't quite the word. I am cautiously looking forward to Deathloop. Arkane has made some of my favorite games. I don't trust Bethesda to keep letting that happen.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to all of them, but four of these we haven't even seen gameplay for.

DOOM is more DOOM so that's great and I'm excited for it but we know what we're getting out of it
Deathloop sounds interesting and Arkane has been on fire so I'm very intrigued to see what this is like
Ghostwire had a fascinating reveal trailer but not much to go on beyond that so I can't get excited for it until we see more
Starfield is probably the one I'm most intrigued by because it's something entirely new from BGS
I love Elder Scrolls but VI is years and years away so it's not on my radar right now

So yeah, for now it's probably Starfield but I want to see how it plays.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
Less excited and more anxious about whether the truly terrible decisions made in regards to FO76 bleeds into other games...

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Starfield.

Even though we barely know anything about it, the thought of a huge single player sci-fi Bethesda RPG finally getting made is super tantalizing to me. The Elder Scrolls has always been excellent and BGS has done great with Fallout (I enjoyed Fallout 4 even though it didn't live up to F3). Fallout 76 wasn't really BGS proper so I don't really count it. Really excited to see it.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
I mean, Doom is an id game, but that'd be first because it's the only one with real info about it thus far.

Starfield and ES6 will rock my fucking world I'm sure, as I love BGS' open world games, but we don't really know anything about them yet.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Whatever they develop in-house is probably gonna turn to mediocre "Meh" at best as they always does by recent examples given. Mediocre story, mediocre writing, mediocre gameplay that is buggy as fuck but still somehow "more stable than New Vegas" etc.

Their publishing arm on the other hand is holding some REALLY nice cards! Doom Eternal looks ballers, Deathloop sounds intriguing as fuck and whatever Ghostwire ends up as sounds interesting and I am curious to see more about it. Whoever is working in their publishing section has a really good eye for some really cool games.

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
D O O M
tumblr_psv2hmE0831xkyqzuo1_500.gifv

Spamlynguist

Oct 27, 2017
Doom Eternal!

Very interested in Ghostwire Tokyo though, I wonder what it will end up being. Deathloop also has potential, but I don't really know what it's supposed to be right now.

Iscariot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Deathloop has potential, and I love Arkane, but only one of those titles has any gameplay revealed. So I'm going with DOOM.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Doom Eternal!

Very interested in Ghostwire Tokyo though, I wonder what it will end it up being. Deathloop also has potential, but I don't really know what it's supposed to be right now.
Me neither, but it's Arkane, the concept sounds awesome, so it has me definitely hooked. :P

Maybe the game turns out bad once it's out or uninteresting, but I am always up for something new and interesting being attempted!

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
Starfield.

Even though we barely know anything about it, the thought of a huge single player sci-fi Bethesda RPG finally getting made is super tantalizing to me. The Elder Scrolls has always been excellent and BGS has done great with Fallout (I enjoyed Fallout 4 even though it didn't live up to F3). Fallout 76 wasn't really BGS proper so I don't really count it. Really excited to see it.

Totally agreed. A lot of people use FO76 to hate on BGS, but from what I recall the main Todd Howard-led studio was barely involved with that game, so it's hard for me to really hold it against them. I've enjoyed every game Fallout and Elder Scrolls game I've played from them (haven't played 76) and the prospect of a new IP from them for the first time in decades is pretty awesome

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
Doom
Then starfield
Then elder scrolls
Doothloop seems interesting but outside of the trailer I know nothing about it

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Doom Eternal by a country mile.

BGS has a lot to prove. And I just don't know enough about the Arkane/Tango games to be that excited at this stage.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Beth Softworks has been quiet for a while now. They had an incredible run of quality titles until Fallout 76 happened.

Hopefully DOOM gets them back on track, but Deathloop is my top pick because it's by Arkane Studios. Can't wait to see what Lyon comes up with (hopefully Austin is getting another crack at Prey).

Starfield I'm hopeful for because it's the original BGS team (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, FO3, FO4) working on it, and it's single player. A new IP might also be what the doctor ordered for them, as well as giving the other two IPs more breathing room.

StiLteD

Nov 11, 2017
London
Less excited and more anxious about whether the truly terrible decisions made in regards to FO76 bleeds into other games...

Yeah same in relation to actual BGS. Doom will be reliable I think, but outside of that... yeah dunno fam. The culture and direction they're exuding end of this gen straight up sucks.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I really hope Fallout 4 wasn't a harbinger of things to come with Elder Scrolls.
I also hope Fallout doesn't become a sort of experimental series to see what things work for Elder Scrolls, I really hated the voiced protag and building concepts and the weak ass RPG systems and I my cynical side kinda feel reaction to those things were watched closely for possibly introducing to the 'main' series. Fallout deserves so much better.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tried playing Skyrim for the second time and after 10 hours of it, I can't do it anymore. Made it up to the part where for the story progression, I had to get on a boat to a different land that isn't on the default map. Not really feeling it. If the experience was good I think I'd be looking forward to the next TES.

Right now it's Doom, by far.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
In order:

1. Skyrim 2
  2. Skyrim in Space
  3. Skyrim in Tokyo
  4. Skyrim Multiplayer

In all seriousness, I'm excited to see all of the games that Bethesda will produce for next gen.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Doom, as by the time I finish it, we will know exactly the same amount of information regarding those other games, most of which being absolutely nothing.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Starfield, after one mess up on BGS' part I'm not about to "cancel" one of my favorites and I'm very excited by the possibilities of a Space RPG by Howard and team.

After that comes Ghostwire and I hope so much it isn't in too much trouble. TES VI is so far away, I can't place that above Ghostwire.