• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which system has currently the best exclusives?

• PC

Votes: 301 10.4%
  • PS4

Votes: 1,559 53.8%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 55 1.9%
  • Switch

Votes: 981 33.9%

• Total voters

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Ps4 and ifs not even close.

Even further apart if you count games that arnt on switch

Ps4 -> Switch -> Pc -> Xbox

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
PC hands down. No console exclusives come even close to providing hundreds of hours of fun you can get e.g. out of Crusader Kings II or Victoria II. Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Disco Elysium are also unmatched among console exclusives. And that's just naming a few.

PC by far, and it's not even close. You have a wide range of genres that are available nowhere else. Consoles you get like 5 overhyped exclusives a year.
Yeah, this.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
The poll is this way because this forum is console centric lol

PC just got the second best rated game of the year (Disco Elysium)

But the best thing is that it gets "console exclusive" games (Xbox games, Yakuza, Octopath Traveler...)

Disco Elysium? Maybe I'm looking wrong, but that's at 89 MC and 14th place overall this year?

Also this thread is not about this year.

And come on. It's not strange or anything. PC doesn't get this enormous backing that some console exclusives get. PC doesn't have major devs like Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, FROM Software, Nintendo, Guerilla etc. working exclusively for the platform for obvious reasons. PC is an open platform, not a company that wants to sell as many PC's as possible by offering exclusive games. And that's okay. PC has other advantages.

Oct 27, 2017
In a year when the likes of Alien: Isolation, Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Shovel Knight, Super Smash Bros., The Wolf Among Us and Transistor was available?

Baffling...
At the time DA:I was considered generously full of content and enormously sprawling, and was pretty good looking new-gen-wise - things that were rare back then.

On topic, I feel like some of the answers are inadvertently answering "which has the most exclusives" and "which is the best platform".

Given that one of the platforms is going to have two long-anticipated exclusives come out over the next few weeks, the poll could markedly change in a month.

Deleted member 27315

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The most played games in the world are PC exclusives like League of Legends and don't fit your mentions. You coun't them also as niche?

Smartphone gaming have in terms of quality and quantity a huge audience, and no one cares here. My cousin plays LOL and he has no idea about everything else regarding gaming.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
The most played games in the world are PC exclusives like League of Legends and don't fit your mentions. You coun't them also as niche?
Of course not. How many LoL caliber games are there tho? you can count them on one hand and they have been there for YEARS. And how many people would think pc has the best exclusives because of LoL (especially on Era)? not to mention Era is a US centric forum, and the US isn't where the game shines the most.

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
PS Exclusives are great, but they are all almost the same in terms of tone, mechanics and even something like color palette. Days gone looks like The Last of Us, the Last of Us looks like Uncharted 4, Uncharted 4 looks like God of War. Sure the locations, characters are different, but I can't help but feel this sameness among all of them.

Then take a look at Switch. Sure it has a lot of WiiU ports, but people here on ERA specially fail to consider, very few people got to play those games. And even when you take that into consideration, there are plenty of Switch games made by Nintendo that are unique. Completely different mechanics, how the game is viewed i.e. topdown, side scroller, open world, fighting, racing, etc. This is where I see Nintendo being stronger than everyone else, and furthermore, they ride the success on nostalgia from people that used to play their games as kids, and now want their kids to experience Nintendo. Which also makes it possible for Nintendo to avoid having to have 100 million marketing campaigns, and use that money to make what matters, more games!

And yes for the really anal ERA and hardcore gamers elsewhere, the pc has by sheer number the biggest selection of exclusives. But it's not like a lot of that stuff is pain free. I can't go and install a game from 1998 and expect it to function flawless on my brand new pc. A lot of times, games need mods to make them work on new pcs. Some games get updates, but a lot of others don't. So even if technically the pc is bigger in terms of exclusives, a lot of the mainstream only cares about consoles.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
PS Exclusives are great, but they are all almost the same in terms of tone, mechanics and even something like color palette. Days gone looks like The Last of Us, the Last of Us looks like Uncharted 4, Uncharted 4 looks like God of War. Sure the locations, characters are different, but I can't help but feel this sameness among all of them.

That's a pretty silly take. Days Gone is open world and centered around a motor cycle. It's nothing like TLoU. And TLoU and Uncharted only have in common that they're third person. They are nothing alike at all. And God of War looks like Uncharted 4? Is this a drunk post or something? :-)

Do they also look like Bloodborne? Ratchet & Clank? Spider-Man? InFamous? Concrete Genie? Killzone? Horizon? Until Dawn?

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Of course not. How many LoL caliber games are there tho? you can count them on one hand and they have been there for YEARS. And how many people would think pc has the best exclusives because of LoL (especially on Era)? not to mention Era is a US centric forum, and the US isn't where the game shines the most.
There are some PC exclusive games that dwarf all console games like League, Dota2, CSGO, WoW, Sims. And then there are other games where 50%+ of the player base is on PC like PUBG, Destiny2, R6S, Minecraft. I mean ... League alone has probably more players than the total of all the console sales combined (last numbers: 2017 with 100 active million players). And there are other asian PC games that are even bigger than League.

Seems like a far stretch to suggest that these most popular games in the world are either "niche" or that people otherwise wouldn't like those PC games.

Last edited:

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
You can't make this comparison until Switch has gone through its life in full like the PS4 has. We are still waiting on a bunch of exclusives from Nintendo like Animal Crossing, Bayo 3, and Metroid Prime 4.

But as of now, Switch takes it in terms of variety and creativity.

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
That's a pretty silly take. Days Gone is open world and centered around a motor cycle. It's nothing like TLoU. And TLoU and Uncharted only have in common that they're third person. They are nothing alike at all. And God of War looks like Uncharted 4? Is this a drunk post or something? :-)

Do they also look like Bloodborne? Ratchet & Clank? Spider-Man? InFamous? Concrete Genie? Killzone? Horizon? Until Dawn?

A lot of those weren't made by Sony proper.

But to your first point. Yes they do look the same at least to me. A lot of the feature a guy walking. And you really can't tell me that all the marketing material for Days Gone didn't evoke The Last of Us because it did.

Also I'm not saying Sony sucks. I enjoy their games a lot. And I do want them to keep making exclusives.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

But to your first point. Yes they do look the same at least to me. A lot of the feature a guy walking. And you really can't tell me that all the marketing material for Days Gone didn't evoke The Last of Us because it did.

Also I'm not saying Sony sucks. I enjoy their games a lot. And I do want them to keep making exclusives.

Most Nintendo games feature someone doing either a lot of walking or jumping too, whether you're talking BotW, Xenoblade, Mario, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong etc.

If you're going to make reductive generalisations like that, surely you realise they could equally apply to Nintendo too? Eg one could use a similarly reductive argument to suggest Super Mario, Mario Maker, Donkey Kong, Kirby Star Allies etc all look the same, or that all Nintendo's games are kiddy/childish etc.

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil

Agree. All Sony games also have trees.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
There are some PC exclusive games that dwarf all console games like League, Dota2, CSGO, WoW, Sims. And then there are other games where 50%+ of the player base is on PC like PUBG, Destiny2, R6S, Minecraft. I mean ... League alone has probably more players than the total of all the console sales combined (last numbers: 2017 with 100 active million players). And there are other asian PC games that are even bigger than League.

Seems like a far stretch to suggest that these most popular games in the world are either "niche" or that people otherwise wouldn't like those PC games.
I'm not implying any of these is niche. I'm just replying to someone interpreting the poll results as fanboysim. None of the these big third party titles are exclusives, and the exclusives are either niche, or not popular in the US/Era (or at the very least wouldn't push someone to pick it over Sony/Nitnendo/Xbox exclusives).

I'm sure if this poll was done on another forum where there're many more LoL players, the result would've been a lot more favorable for PC. Just not here.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

Just FYI, neither are many of Nintendo's games. Like Smash Ultimate? Not a Nintendo studio who made it. Same goes for Kirby games, Yoshi, nonmainline Mario games, Fire Emblem, etc.

So yeah, many of Nintendo's best games aren't "Nintendo proper" either.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
does this thread exist in some kind of twilight zone? am i literally taking crazy pills?

every single one of those is on PC (halo is a little jumbled with MCC and Infinite coming soon, but still), lord give me strength with this thread

source.gif
I can't think of another console with a better exclusive lineup than the One. It is hands down the best

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I can't think of another console with a better exclusive lineup than the One. It is hands down the best

The games are on PC

Disco Elysium? Maybe I'm looking wrong, but that's at 89 MC and 14th place overall this year?

Also this thread is not about this year.

And come on. It's not strange or anything. PC doesn't get this enormous backing that some console exclusives get. PC doesn't have major devs like Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, FROM Software, Nintendo, Guerilla etc. working exclusively for the platform for obvious reasons. PC is an open platform, not a company that wants to sell as many PC's as possible by offering exclusive games. And that's okay. PC has other advantages.

I was talking about Open Critic lol, it's 91 there, only behind RE 2.

And what I love on PC are CRPG's, strategy, simulators, TCG's and tons of indies that never made to consoles. And of course, old games that aren't available anywhere else today.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Best as in critically, commercially, or public consensus or however else we can measure it?

PC by far, and it's not even close. You have a wide range of genres that are available nowhere else. Consoles you get like 5 overhyped exclusives a year.
Yeah, a game like Days Gone had hype levels that many higher scoring games do not.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 without a doubt.

Sony is killing it with the exclusives this generation.
As if what has been released so far is not already enough, we are still expecting Death Stranding, TLOU 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Final Fantasy 7 remake, Ironman VR, Persona 5 Royal, Dreams and many more exclusive in the twilight years of the console.

Exclusives that define a generation, indeed!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be Switch if you were just talking consoles, but including PC makes it a no brainer. There are so many amazing games that are only on PC.

Pipyakas

Jul 20, 2018
Obviously PC > PS4/Switch > Xbone. But the vote on Era massively favour PS4 is nothing surprising
Chaning it to PC > Nintendo > Sony > Xbox would be more fitting, to account for PC's advantage of playing games from almost any generations of consoles, plus emulation/streaming

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm afraid there's only one console where you can play Bloodborne, which is still the king. I'm struggling to even see The Last of Us 2 topping it.