• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which system has currently the best exclusives?

• PC

Votes: 301 10.4%
  • PS4

Votes: 1,559 53.8%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 55 1.9%
  • Switch

Votes: 981 33.9%

• Total voters

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Why is everyone telling this guy to stuff it? Please, I haven't laughed this hard since the "Trophies should be the law" thread. By the way I'm streaming the entirety of my Steam library to my phone via Steam Link, not just a portion like PSNow, so by this logic PC shouldn't be on this list at all as it as the platform has no exclusives.
You realize that you still need a PC with (in your case) Steam running on it, own the game on Steam and then you can re-broadcast it to another device. Right?
PS Now allows you to play Bloodborne without a) owning a PS4 and b) owning the game for that system. That's the main difference.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What if I charge him 10$ a month to stream my Steam games to his phone from my PC?
If you own the rights of that game or bought the license to stream it, develop a own streaming software, and if you are maybe called Google and name your service something like "Stadia": then sure, that isn't a PC exclusive title anymore.

Nov 8, 2017
I only have PS4 and Switch, so between those two, it boils down to the following exclusive games that I've really enjoyed on each system:

PS4: Alienation, Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Blood & Truth, Bound, DJMax Respect, Driveclub VR, Farpoint, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Gravity Rush 2, inFamous First Light, inFamous Second Son, Shadow of the Colossus (it's different enough to count IMO), Ratchet & Clank, SuperHyperCube, The Inpatient, The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Until Dawn, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, WipEout Omega Collection (VR Mode is different enough to count)

Switch: Super Mario Odyssey, Link's Awakening (it's different enough to count).

Note that I'm only counting pure exclusives, so no Wii U ports like Breath of the Wild or Mario Kart 8 (yes, I do own those games on Wii U), and just so no-one can accuse me of being unfair with this rule, I've also left out Persona 5 and a few others from the PS4 list because of PS3 versions.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
PS4 by far. Only game I can really say I've loved on the Switch so far has been Three Houses. PC would come after PS4.

vhm74

Oct 30, 2017
I own all current systems, and have enjoyed all of them greatly. My vote goes to PS4, and it's not even close.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I know Era is more about consoles than anything but...

It's PC. As it always has been and always will be.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
So far I actually think Nintendo's first party output on the Switch has been pretty average by their standards with the exception of BotW. In terms of exclusives, Sony is king right now.

Johnnybarra

Nov 1, 2018
Most of PS4's good exclusives are now on PC so it kinda only has Persona 5, at least that's all I can think of atm.
Xbox only has Rare Replay
I'm not counting PC because that literally has 30+ years of exclusives to go off and wouldn't be a fair fight.
So Switch wins easily, has tons of great exclusives that are playable only on the system itself, no other console atm can claim that.

(edit) forgot about Bloodborne for PS4, great game but still not enough.

What exclusives are on PC?
Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Bloodborne and Spider-Man are the exclusives I think about when I think of the heavy hitters.

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
PC - Strategy games, MOBAs, VR, hell even visual novels had some great titles like Doki Doki Literature Club

PC might not have had the most popular exclusives but it has had the largest variety by far. Looking at most of the titles listed for PS4 and Switch you've got a bunch of third person action adventures, a platformer and a couple RPGs.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sony is like 3x ahead of Nintendo and 20x ahead of MS when it comes to exclusive games. that's just what they do best, it's almost always been this way

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
For some of my favorite exclusives, PS4 has Bloodborne, but Switch has BotW and Mario Odyssey.

Have to go with Switch for my personal taste.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
PS4 and Xbox One have been there longer than the Switch has, it is difficult to compare them, but PS4 has the edge, but I'm sure Switch will catch up next year, it is already having a lot of great exclusives.

If we go by what I've played, Switch wins for me. I don't have an Xbox so can't have an opinion on that because I don't have one so I haven't played their exclusives, but some I was interested in have come to the Switch, so only Forza and the Insomniac game interest me right now. PS4 had a great start, some amazing remasters and exclusives like Bloodborne, Infamous and Until Dawn, but then, Uncharted 4 was disappointing, Horizon wasn't fun and I didn't bother too much with God of War. Wipeout Omega Collection was godly though. Switch has Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Smash, Splatoon 2, Picross S and Fire Emblem Three Houses which I have loved so much.

Tbh I prefer Nintendo's game design more, so obviously my list is very biased, if I was more into story focused games, I would not be interested in some of their best franchises.

Deleted member 32135

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Switch easily. It's the one offering the most diverse experience with its exclusives.

The only exclusive games that made something for me on PS4 was Bloodborne (and, honestly, the reason I bought the machine) and Wipeout.

I can't talk about Microsoft since I never had their system and I am not interested at all in what they are offering.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
PS4 for Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, and God of War. Throw in Horizon Zero Dawn and Spider-Man and you've already got yourself a pretty damn compelling list. With The Last of Us Part II and Final Fantasy VII Remake on the horizon, things are getting ridiculous.

The Switch has a super good slate, though. Breath of the Wild, Smash Ultimate, Astral Chain... all the Mario games. And I'm mega hyped for Bayonetta 3.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to argue with the quality AND quantity of exclusives on the PS4. It's kind of crazy how close the Switch is considering how much longer the PS4 has been out. But it's still PS4 for me...

Switch:
Breath Of The Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Mario Maker 2
Super Smash Bros: Ultimate
Link's Awakening
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Astral Chain
Splatoon 2
Mario+Rabbids
Octopath Traveler
Pokémon: Let's Go
Cadence of Hyrule

PS4:
God Of War
Bloodborne
Persona 5
Spider-Man
Ratchet & Clank
Astro Bot
Horizon
The Last Guardian
Uncharted 4
Gravity Rush 2
Resogun
Gran Turismo: Sport
Until Dawn
Yakuza 6
MLB The Show
Judgment
Second Son
Driveclub
Dreams
Late reply but octopath isn't exclusive.

(And neither is BotW and P5)

Deleted member 49438

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Switch is gaining ground, by MP4 & BotW 2 releases my mind may have changed, but I think currently the PS4 exclusives still have the slight edge on Switch, even if a few more of my preferred games are on Switch.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Switch exclusives:
Splatoon 2
Arms
Mario Rabbids
Golf Story
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Mario Tennis Aces
Kirby Star Allies
Yoshi Crafted World
Super Mario Maker 2
Super Mario Party
Tetris 99
Link's Awakening
Super Smash Ultimate
Pokemon LGPE
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Astral Chain
Ring Fit Adventure
Luigi's Mansion 3
Pokemon SwSh

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
PC. One of the biggest problems of the platform is how to make all the deserving games discoverable by people because there are simply so many good ones.

Also I'm not seeing Factorio on any console.

(I'm ignoring the backlog from previous generations, emulators and other trickery like that, the PC just has a GIGANTIC stream of games releasing to it. Opencritic or Metacritic won't help you here because a lot of the games are below the radar of mainstream websites)

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I love both my Switch and PS4, but the lack of big high budget graphical showcases on the Switch is just as much a negative to me, as the lack of smaller exclusives on PlayStation.

For me, they're about even. Though I think in the long run Switch might win out my preference. It'll be interesting to see how the next Xbox stacks up in this conversation as well eventually.

Edit: oh, I just realized that PC was in the conversation. That would probably take my vote, but it rarely has any TRUE exclusives as a platform nowadays. Almost everything gets ported to consoles.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
If it wasn't for Bloodborne it would be Switch.

Mario Odyssey, Three Houses and Breath of the Wild are all better than the actual first party Sony studio content, of God of War, The Last of Us and Uncharted... or Days Gone. I don't even think Sony puts out great games per se. They just look very good and are very decent to play.

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
1. PS4
2. PC
3. Xbox One
4. Switch

Switch might have taken the third spot had BoTW and Mario Kart 8 not been multiplatform. However, I have the Wii U with MK8 and BoTW, and havent really found any real reason to upgrade yet.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
There's absolutely no PC exclusives out now or coming soon I see any fans of the other 3 consoles wanting, so no.

I'm not talking about the players tastes in games.

There's simply decades and decades of exclusives and also decades and decades of older consoles games that can't be played on newer generation consoles but can on PC via this beautifull thing that is emulation.

There's more choice on PC that ever was or will be available on a given console. More or less 95% of all games ever made can be played on a PC right now. That's just how things are.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
PS4 has amazing set of exclusives. Spider Man topping the charts with GoW in my books.

BUT

Switch is just jam packed even though early on it's life.

Mario + Rabbids
Mario Odyssey
Breath of the Wild
Smash
Splatoon 2
Fire Emblem
Astral Chain
Ring Fit Adventure (Seriously one of my favourite games this year).
And tons more, with a healthy set of Nindie exclusives.

So Switch it is for me.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Theres so many games on pc that aren't on consoles. It almost shouldn't count but i voted for it anyway.

As for the consoles, its probably playstation but could be nintendo. Not sure.

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Switch exclusives:
Splatoon 2
Arms
Mario Rabbids
Golf Story
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Mario Tennis Aces
Kirby Star Allies
Yoshi Crafted World
Super Mario Maker 2
Super Mario Party
Tetris 99
Link's Awakening
Super Smash Ultimate
Pokemon LGPE
Astral Chain
Ring Fit Adventure
Luigi's Mansion 3
Pokemon SwSh

Yeah, this is a great lineup and why the Switch wins this thread. Plus this doesn't even factor in all the Wii U ports, which are not Switch exclusive, but are Nintendo exclusive and only can be played outside of the Switch on a long dead console that few people purchased.

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Switch exclusives:
Splatoon 2
Arms
Mario Rabbids
Golf Story
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Mario Tennis Aces
Kirby Star Allies
Yoshi Crafted World
Super Mario Maker 2
Super Mario Party
Tetris 99
Link's Awakening
Super Smash Ultimate
Pokemon LGPE
Astral Chain
Ring Fit Adventure
Luigi's Mansion 3
Pokemon SwSh

Also, there are some games you missed like Daemon X Machina, Labo, Cadence of Hyrule, and Snipperclips.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
As great and amazing as Zelda is or Mario Odyssey... or Smash Bros.

I think PS4 takes it for me FFVIIRemake, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, GT Sport and Driveclub, Days Gone, Last of Us 1 and 2, Uncharted 4, Lost Legacy, PLUS, KH3 and FFXV are on it as well as Cyberpunk. I just love PS this generation.

tr1b0re

Oct 17, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
It's between PS4 and PC for me, but I think PS4 just edges it out simply because the games themselves tend to stick with me more (the PC exclusives I play are mainly 4X games or city builders, whereas the PS4 ones tend to have much more emotional context)