• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which system has currently the best exclusives?

• PC

Votes: 301 10.4%
  • PS4

Votes: 1,559 53.8%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 55 1.9%
  • Switch

Votes: 981 33.9%

• Total voters

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
PC for me.

The older I get, the less interested I am in AAA spectacle games.

I guess it's true what they say about middle-age peeps being mostly into strategy and business management titles, lol.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
And I have absolutely no interest in grim action games or whatever that you find on PlayStation or Xbox. Give me bright and colorful Mario games any day over something like Bloodborne.

Like Ratchet & Clank, Gravity Rush 2, Everybody's Golf, Spider-Man, Astro Bot and Concrete Genie?

Astro Bot is more colourful and charming (and a better game IMO) than Super Mario Odyssey.

It is absolutely fine to say that you prefer Nintendo games, but that 'bright and colourful' comment is slightly ridiculous.

If I didn't own a Wii U, I would have gladly said the Switch however, with at least eight or nine Wii U ports on the system already, I'd give the PlayStation 4 a slight edge between the two.

To be able to play the likes of Astro Bot, Shadow of the Colossus, Spider-Man, Tetris Effect and God of War in a single year was genuinely brilliant.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Switch has the "best" game this generation (so far) but PS4 has the best collection of exclusives, if that makes any sense.

I was actually going to say the same idea but the other way around: in my mind the PS4 has the best exclusive titles, but Nintendo has more worthwhile exclusives.

It's probably worth mentioning that I'm factoring in some level of launch alignment there, I'm allowing for the expectation of a few future Nintendo exclusives since it hasn't been on the market as long as the PS4. I'm also including console exclusives - because Baba Is You isn't (currently?) on PS4, and that's quite possibly my game of the year for 2019.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
If Sony's first party developers could figure out how good aiming would work on a DS4 (gyro), I'd give the vote to PS4. But since so many of their exclusives control so bad, I can't give them the vote so the runner up is Switch

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
It's kind of sad, people are missing out on so much by only playing AAA games.
Some of us tried to smaller games and are tired of most of them. Idk how many more side scrollers, walking simulators, and fuckin rogue likes we need. It's kind of sad that people think you need to play all of those to have a wholesome gaming experience.

Just let people play what they want. If I only want to play AAA in the allotted time I have, that's fine.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Console wise PS4 and it's not even close. Switch has some good ones, but to be honest most of the first party games so far on it have been mediocre to me. Xbox has been a big meh to me other than Forza since they put Ori and Cuphead on Switch.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Switch ez. I cant think of pS4 exclusive Ive actually loved outsode of astro Bot.

God of War, Spiderman, Last of Us Remastered were all kinds of meh for me.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Some of us tried to smaller games and are tired of most of them. Idk how many more side scrollers, walking simulators, and fuckin rogue likes we need. It's kind of sad that people think you need to play all of those to have a wholesome gaming experience.

Just let people play what they want. If I only want to play AAA in the allotted time I have, that's fine.
If you think side scrollers, walking sims, and roguelikes are all that's out there, that just suggests you haven't really looked.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Voted PS4. I see the argument for PC as well. Xbox.. I mean, the exclusives are on pc anyway, so if I want to play them, pc is the way to go.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has to be PC given the sheer number of great games on there that you can't get on console.

Deleted member 27315

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
wow. This is actually the hill you want to die on? Good luck my friend. The PS4 games you stream to PC are still played on PS4's in a server rack.
Exactly. It's like saying "I bought a PS4 and I have connected it to my PC monitor so now I have PS4 exclusives to my PC.

Last edited:

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
What is it with people claiming Switch and then mentioning games that are not exclusives, but came out on WiiU (like BotW) before?
People like to pretend Wii U doesn't exist. I have a Wii U and still haven't bought a Switch because of how port heavy it is but I'm planning on getting one relatively soon for stuff like BoTW2, Metroid, Bayo3, and Luigi's Mansion. I would definitely consider it in second place even without owning one. It also has the potential to end up in first in the next few years.

Last edited:

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
Bloodborne and GoW are enough for ps4 to win this for me, horizon Spiderman Tlou Uncharted are the cherry on the cake

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
The Switch has a good lineup but the PS4 takes my vote... Bloodborne, Spiderman, GoW, P5 or Horizon are amazing.

Oct 31, 2017
When I look at the PS4's output... it's really a culmination of everything I've liked about Sony first party since the PS2 days (wasn't as hot about it during the PS1 days). It's so damn varied and fun, and this isn't even all of them (just what I've played).

PW1N33C.png
jdoxeHS.png
JjQ3koL.png
V3mnkt9.png
ILHatHx.png
9ScKhdy.png
YESr6OG.png
rtMBuW4.png
HUmQ8QH.png
uYhIW6g.png
vDV2N4F.png
5y922qJ.png
p9ZfNAD.png
39Njs6s.png
pDUPutk.png
WzqXb1Z.png
dIZ3qTy.png
WkjiCLW.png
4V4rhr1.png
eeqJoAa.jpg
MuVtm9X.png

And there's still an active 12 months left.

I really admire what the guys and gals on these development teams have created this generation. Mega kudos.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
If you think side scrollers, walking sims, and roguelikes are all that's out there, that just suggests you haven't really looked.
The diversity in mechanics in PC games is insane compared to most consoles IMO, it's like comparing the bio-diversity of a farm and some exotic rain forest. (Of course, if you like cows and pigs over 1000 different types of weird bugs, that's cool.) The only platform with more diversity is mobile (where it's just pure insanity), and I think the DS also had very diverse game mechanics.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
Pardon my ignorance, but does the PC have any compelling exclusive titles? Nothing springs to mind.
Disco Elysium is the latest. Highest rated RPG, and game in general last I checked, of the year so far. Total War Three Kingdoms earlier this year. And Asgards Wrath this month, one of the best VR games ever made.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
He referred to the server technology, not the piece of hardware next to your TV

I didn't refer to server technology.

I said 'server racks' as a shorthand for offsite (modified) PS4 hardware that is serving you a stream of the game. That doesn't make it a PC game.

Diving into technicalities and strawmen isn't saving your argument here. Sorry bud.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Well he's using the term "server rack" so he should be aware of what a server rack is. But I doubt that he's aware of what 19" or HU's are.

Point remains that games, beeing available on PS Now as well, aren't PS4 exclusive titles but "only" PlayStation exclusive. You can dislike PC as much as you want to - when even Sony calls it "PlayStation Gaming on PC" then it might actually be PS gaming on the PC.

Why is everyone telling this guy to stuff it? Please, I haven't laughed this hard since the "Trophies should be the law" thread. By the way I'm streaming the entirety of my Steam library to my phone via Steam Link, not just a portion like PSNow, so by this logic PC shouldn't be on this list at all as it as the platform has no exclusives.

Sky

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
UK
I personally say the PS4, although I game more on the PC, its mostly just Overwatch I play. PS4 feels like a richer selection of games with a variety of genres that cater to all types of gamers. Maybe its the marketing push of Sony that makes me more aware of the games presence.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
PS4 is tough to beat, PC is king of the rest.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox has a lot of catching up to do. It's incredible the damage that was done by Don Mattrick. What a prick.

Oct 27, 2017
BOTW and Smash are great but I think pound for pound it's hard to beat Persona, Bloodborne, GoW, Horizon, Spider-Man, Judgment, TLoU, etc.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
PS4 by a country mile, but I will say that Switch has been fairly impressive as its gained momentum, and there are multiple games I am looking forward to from Nintendo's offering.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
I think the Switch has the "best" game this generation (so far) but PS4 has the best collection of exclusives, if that makes any sense.

I came to post something similar to this. BOTW is the game of this gen for me, so the Switch has the best (plus Smash, Mario Odyssey, etc), but the PS4 has too many amazing exclusives: God of War, Horizon, Spider Man, Persona 5, Days Gone, Uncharted, etc. (These are my favs, btw).

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
PS4 by far. Incredible games from incredible studios. And more to come.

Nintendo has been great too, some excelent gems.

Sep 22, 2019
Sony actually knows how to sell their system with exclusives.

I hope Nintendo puts more effort into their franchises as only Xenoblade 2 seems interesting to me, but not enough to get a new console for it.

Everything else Switch has to offer I have already experienced it on Wii U.

Florin4k4

Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Nintendo has more exclusive 'unique' experiences that you can't really find anywhere else. Sony has better action exclusives than Microsoft (I say as an X Box one player because I mean obvious is obvious), but generally if I have a hankering for some violent action, I can find a decent alternative on the xbone. The Switch makes me feel like it has some experiences I can't substitute.

VR is also a pretty "unique" experience which cant be found on the switch though but dont know if that "counts".

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 though weirdly I haven't really played any exclusives in a few years.

I just don't have the interest for story driven single player games I used to, which is what most of these are.