• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which system has currently the best exclusives?

• PC

Votes: 301 10.4%
  • PS4

Votes: 1,559 53.8%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 55 1.9%
  • Switch

Votes: 981 33.9%

• Total voters

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Switch, because of Zelda and Mario.

But PS4 is close, because of Uncharted and soon FF7R.

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
The correct answer is PS4 with their eclectic and God-tier exclusives.

In my opinion, I outgrew the child-like nature of Nintendo's games. I mean C'mon, how many more iterations of Mario do we really need?

Don't get me wrong, I know they have their fan base and I respect that but I'd like to see some variety of the non casual and mature kind. Although I have my eye on Luigi's Mansion 3! Lol

Microsoft on the other hand has a good mix but I feel like too many of them are of the arcade nature and I for one outgrew that too.

I can't comment on PC as I don't have a gaming rig.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
BOY, I almost couldn't find the answer to this question. I looked upon the Horizon and saw some Uncharted islands. A few Days Gone by before I reached the island and it looked a little Medievil. There was a creepy Spider on the floor and Man did it scare me! I was still searching for the Infamous answer to this question and then it hit me.. It's PS4.

While on the island I suddenly remembered that Knack is a PS4 exclusive.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Lol. Can't you stream your PC games to a tablet as well? PC apparently has no exclusives.

Streaming is not equivalent to a port to a certain platform. Christ.
Quick! Someone tell Sony that PS Now is only a streaming service and you don't actually play that game on PC because some Era user said so.
Better tag Google as well so they know that they aren't working on a platform and buying exclusives for Stadia is dumb because Stadia isn't a thing.
XUUMiIS.jpg

People have really a broken understanding of platform exclusivity or the word "exclusivity" on its own.
Like Bloodborne is a PlayStation exclusive game, but not a PS4 exclusive game because PS Now is a part of the PlayStation eco system. It's not that complicated.

Same like BOTW: it's not exclusive to the Switch because it also exists on the WiiU - but it's a Nintendo exclusive.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
PS4, followed by Switch. I'd also probably still have the PS4 slightly above the combined exclusive library of the Wii U and Switch.

There are very few games that are exclusive to the PC or Xbox that really interest me a whole lot.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Easily the PS4. Sony consistently produce excellent SP focussed titles. I cannot say the same about MS.

I am ignoring Nintendo's output as none of their games remotely interest me.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Either PS4 or Switch, depending on your preferences. Personally I prefer Nintendo's exclusives, but Sony has some heavy hitters lately, too.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
totalwarthreekingdoms.jpg

Where is that chart from metacritic showing the # of highly rated exclusives over the years.. it's pretty clear

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
PS4 imo...Switch is a close second due to their exclusives are the most 'exclusive', and of course Nintendo first party are very consistent

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
It seems like most people only think of big, well known games published by Sony/Nintendo/MS themselves as exclusives. Expand your horizons, there's more out there! :)

Last edited:

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Quick! Someone tell Sony that PS Now is only a streaming service and you don't actually play that game on PC because some Era user said so.
Better tag Google as well so they know that they aren't working on a platform and buying exclusives for Stadia is dumb because Stadia isn't a thing.
XUUMiIS.jpg

People have really a broken understanding of platform exclusivity or the word "exclusivity" on its own.
Like Bloodborne is a PlayStation exclusive game, but not a PS4 exclusive game because PS Now is a part of the PlayStation eco system. It's not that complicated.

Same like BOTW: it's not exclusive to the Switch because it also exists on the WiiU - but it's a Nintendo exclusive.

Oh wow. This is actually the hill you want to die on? Good luck my friend. The PS4 games you stream to PC are still played on PS4's in a server rack.
It's not at all like BOTW seeing as the Wii-U version is actually a Wii-U version, not a video stream from Switch hardware.

If Sony puts out games for download on PC so they run natively, you might have an actual point. Right now you're just babbling.

lynux3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh wow. This is actually the hill you want to die on? Good luck my friend. The PS4 games you stream to PC are still played on PS4's in a server rack.
It's not at all like BOTW seeing as the Wii-U version is actually a Wii-U version, not a video stream from Switch hardware.

If Sony puts out games for download on PC so they run natively, you might have an actual point. Right now you're just babbling.
Pretty much. I guess PlayStation exclusives are also now Android games because of remote play.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's gotta be Nintendo Switch. Bloodborne and god of War were amazing...but it ends there for me. Switch is just back to back incredible games IMO.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

You are aware that "server rack" is a PC based system, right? So these games are either played on some barebone rack architecture or PS4. Not both. Make up your mind. Or try to explain why Sony is literally using "PlayStation Gaming on PC" as a headline while you're insisting that this is not gaming on PC because ... *some nonsense line of reasoning*.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
I guess PS4 but only because of Bloodborne imo.

The exclusives now days seem pretty weak compared to last generation

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Pardon my ignorance, but does the PC have any compelling exclusive titles? Nothing springs to mind.

lynux3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You are aware that "server rack" is a PC based system, right? So these games are either played on some barebone rack architecture or PS4. Not both. Make up your mind. Or try to explain why Sony is literally using "PlayStation Gaming on PC" as a headline while you're insisting that this is not gaming on PC because ... *some nonsense line of reasoning*.
What? I'm not even sure if you're serious. I think it's clear what his point was. These games are streamed and not natively run on a PC let alone running on off the shelf servers from the likes of Dell or HP. Some of these games are literally going to be gone from the service by January.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Speaking for myself, Switch wins. I adore Nintendo games. And I have absolutely no interest in grim action games or whatever that you find on PlayStation or Xbox. Give me bright and colorful Mario games any day over something like Bloodborne.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Keep digging this hole for all our entertainment's sake.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What? I'm not even sure if you're serious. I think it's clear what his point was. These games are streamed and not natively run on a PC let alone running on off the shelf servers from the likes of Dell or HP. Some of these games are literally going to be gone from the service by January.
Well he's using the term "server rack" so he should be aware of what a server rack is. But I doubt that he's aware of what 19" or HU's are.

Point remains that games, beeing available on PS Now as well, aren't PS4 exclusive titles but "only" PlayStation exclusive. You can dislike PC as much as you want to - when even Sony calls it "PlayStation Gaming on PC" then it might actually be PS gaming on the PC.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS4. Ports are carrying Nintendo these days.

There are too many switch games that are extremely hyped before launch that just disappear once people get their hands on them and realize what a shallow experience they are. You can't deny that compared to Nintendo exclusives, many Sony exclusives excel at providing a complete package of both quality story and gameplay.

Nintendo still isnt doing enough to fill in genre gaps or have more than one quality game representing a genre. Nor are they doing enough to have third parties step in for them.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The one that has the new Zelda games on it. That will always be the deciding factor me.

Bloodborne and GT Sport do look fun though. All the others, eh. I'm good. I get most of my non-Zelda needs met on PC.

Rikimaru

Nov 2, 2017
I doubt it is PC based. PS3 server is 8 PS3 rack. Same with PS4.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Well he's using the term "server rack" so he should be aware of what a server rack is. But I doubt that he's aware of what 19" or HU's are.

Point remains that games, beeing available on PS Now as well, aren't PS4 exclusive titles but "only" PlayStation exclusive. You can dislike PC as much as you want to - when even Sony calls it "PlayStation Gaming on PC" then it might actually be PS gaming on the PC.

Dude, i'm primarily a PC gamer. You're trying to keep this paper-thin argument going for way too long.

If it runs on native hardware as in a port of a game then it means it's a multiplatform title. If a game runs on one device and one device alone and is only accessible to other displays/inputs through streaming, then it is still exclusive to that platform. Again, if Sony makes these games run natively on other devices then i'll absolutely consider them multiplatform, but this is a fictional scenario.

Tomasoares

Oct 28, 2017
The one that has Bloodborne, Horizon: Zero Dawn, God of War, The Last Guardian and Uncharted: Lost Legacy

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
The answer is obvious. I'm sure that everyone can look at output and come to the conclusion that PlayStation has been consistent in putting out a wide range of first party titles that cater to the most people. New IPs, old favourites, large and small, VR, it would take a very loyal fan of other consoles that disagrees. It's their greatest strength.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Switch, PS4 has been a bit dry this year, basically Days Gone & waiting for Death Stranding.
PC probably shouldn't be included in these debates since it doesn't have a billion dollar corp making exclusives for it.

DL Clyde

Oct 25, 2017
For me personally I would say the PS4. A lot of the games I have enjoyed this generation has been PS4 exclusives like Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Spider-Man. Horizon Zero Dawn especially as I did not expect that I would like that game as much as I did. There is also potential next year with The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima both games I am interested in. There isn't really much that interests me on the Switch with the exception of Breath of the Wild (and admittedly, I am considering buying a Switch just for that game). Normally I would have been interested in a new Pokemon game but this is the first Pokemon game I have lost a lot of interest in. Other than that, Nintendo games no longer appeal to me. As for the Xbox One, well there may be a couple of games I am half interested in if I had the console but nothing that would push me to get it. Gears 5 is probably the one game that I wished was on PS4 so I could play it but not a game I would consider buying a console for like I am with Breath of the Wild.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it is PC based. PS3 server is 8 PS3 rack. Same with PS4.
That was because the PS3 was "Cell" CPU based and emulating that with normal "PC servers" isn't worth it cost/performance wise. Literally stacking PS3s on top of each other was easier and cheaper. PS4 is x86 (aka "PC") CPU based and therefore runs on normal server hardware. It's much easier to use virtualization and like 1 TB of RAM instead of stacking PS4s that only have 8 GB.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
PlayStation and it isn't close. Nintendo just has too many ports and has had quite a few misses for me (Daemon X Machina, Astral Chain were pretty bad). I also was kind of let down by FE 3 Houses. But I'll give them credit for BOTW and Tropical Freeze.

Can't beat Uncharted, God of War, Bloodborne, Horizon, Days Gone, Spider-Man, Persona 5, Until Dawn, Ratchet & Clank, The Last Guardian, or the upcoming stuff.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
As much as I love my PS4, it's the Switch by far:
  • BotW
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Smash Bros Ultimate
  • Splatoon 2
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Mario Maker 2
  • Tetris 99
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Link's Awakening
  • Pokemon Let's Go
  • Pokemon Sword/Shield
  • Astral Chain
  • Yoshi's Crafted Story, Mario Tennis Aces, Super Mario Party, ARMS, Kirby Star Allies, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Octopath Traveler, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, on and on and on...
And that's not even touching the WiiU exclusive ports (other than MK8D, which is a bit different).

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 has had a lot of exclusives that I've really liked this gen. Their direction with most of their big releases this gen have really appealed to me:

Bloodborne
The Last Guardian
God of War
Uncharted 4
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Horizon Zero Dawn
Shadow of the Colossus
Spider-Man
Wipeout Omega Collection
The Lasty Vus Remastered
Ratchet and Clank
Tearaway Unfolded
Gravity Rush Remastered
Helldivers
Driveclub
Until Dawn

Some of them aren't proper exclusives so it's cheating a bit but I consider them all excellent and the majority of them are system sellers, and then there's a bunch of slightly lower tier first party releases like Resogun, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Bound, LBP3, Infamous Second Son, etc which I also think are worth playing.

I also really liked a lot of stuff on the Wii U, although I haven't played on the Switch yet.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, God Of War, Wipeout Omega Collection and Spider-Man are among my favorite games of the generation and I expected The Last Of Us 2 to join that list.
So yeah, Ps4 for me.