• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which system has currently the best exclusives?

• PC

Votes: 301 10.4%
  • PS4

Votes: 1,559 53.8%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 55 1.9%
  • Switch

Votes: 981 33.9%

• Total voters

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
Exclusives are often said to be the decisive factor in the success or failure of a system. I included systems from this generation and PC as well. PC can grant access to many games in legal ways, and some of them can be very old so I found it relevant to include PC for this reason, even though there aren't many"AAA exclusive" right now. PS4 has a decent number of exclusive AAA games and those i favor of Xbox One will praise quality over quantity. Finally, Switch has first party games.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Switch has the "best" game this generation (so far) but PS4 has the best collection of exclusives, if that makes any sense.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I enjoy a good few on PS4, but overall I prefer the Switch lineup even if it's not the big ones like MO and BOTW.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
What Nintendo consoles lack in third party multi platform games, they more then make up for with exclusive games, let alone first party exclusives.

With how they are perceived by most third party developers, there's a reason they have been able to sustain and flourish almost solely on first party games.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Switch has too many WiiU ports.
Most of the Xbox exclusive games are on PC.

So... PS4?

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
PC to me, because I tend to get a LOT more out of PC exclusives than console exclusives... but if I'm choosing between consoles then I'll probably have to go with PS4 by a hair (over Switch), for today at least

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It's really PS4 or Switch but I'm voting Xbox because they still believe in non-sim racers.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 has been on the market for longer and thus simply has more exclusive games, a lot of which are of very high quality. Nintendo isn't far behind though and it's only going to get better.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Nintendo has more exclusive 'unique' experiences that you can't really find anywhere else. Sony has better action exclusives than Microsoft (I say as an X Box one player because I mean obvious is obvious), but generally if I have a hankering for some violent action, I can find a decent alternative on the xbone. The Switch makes me feel like it has some experiences I can't substitute.

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 has Bloodborne, The Last Guardian and Astro Bot. All amazing games. The other exclusives are no slouch either, but I love those 3 so much.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most of PS4's good exclusives are now on PC so it kinda only has Persona 5, at least that's all I can think of atm.
Xbox only has Rare Replay
I'm not counting PC because that literally has 30+ years of exclusives to go off and wouldn't be a fair fight.
So Switch wins easily, has tons of great exclusives that are playable only on the system itself, no other console atm can claim that.

(edit) forgot about Bloodborne for PS4, great game but still not enough.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Switch.

I haven't been as gripped by Horizon, Bloodborne, GoW, etc as I have by BOTW, Fire Emblem, SMO, Splatoon 2, Smash, etc. Nintendo makes game I have fun playing. Sony makes cinematic experiences I can't ever see through to conclusion. There are loads of excellent games on both but Nintendo make the games I keep coming back to.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's easily the PC with all its genres that don't even exist on consoles.
Also like 8 out of the 10 most played games in the world are PC exclusive.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's easily the PC with all its genres that don't even exist on consoles.
Also like 8 out of the 10 most played games in the world are PC exclusive.
Truuuuu, I enjoy console exclusives a lot but a good PC exclusive often will last me years and years, or at least a lot longer than most AAA console games do
And there's so much on PC that just isn't present on consoles

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
Speaking of this, how is it we're getting Tokyo Mirage Sessions like 4 months after it's announced and yet we haven't heard SHIT about SMT5 since the Switch launched?

you're asking why we know more about a game that was completed for the previous console and is being ported over vs a game that has to be created from scratch?

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I don't understand the argument against the PC if you include it here, especially since it now includes some of the exclusives of the other consoles. There's decades of things that you can't play anywhere else.

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
Its obviously PS4 and I don't even own one anymore. Switch has like a handful of great exclusives and PC exclusives are generally of genres I don't care about. Xbox doesn't even have exclusives so.... its kinda free for PS4.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would say Switch, but the PS4 has some pretty amazing exclusives.

I'll go with PS4 with the Switch as a close 2nd.

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
PS4, followed closely by Switch for me. Some indies aside, I've struggled to get into PC exclusives as most of the genres that have a lot of exclusive there just aren't my cup of tea. Just not into RTS, 4x, MOBA, competitive shooters, sim games, CRPGs, point and click adventure games etc. I'm mostly into narrative driven action adventure games, single player FPS with decent stories and Nintendo games. I don't play older games so last exclusives are moot on PC or console BC.

Xbox hasn't had a lot for me either. Really just Gears 4 and 5 and Halo 5 in terms of things I enjoyed and are still exclusive (I liked Ori, but it's on Switch now).

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
PC is kind of unfair since it has access to decades worth of games. Yet I see it's still losing. Pretty telling of how console-centric ResetERA is. If you limit it to just this generation I'd say PS4 with Switch in a distant second. Xbox isn't even playing the same game.

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
PS4 and switch are pretty even for me. To be honest i could completely do without an xbox if the X wasn't the better machine for third party.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
PS4, with the Switch behind it. The PS4 has suchh a great variety of exclusives, it's insane. Sony killed it this gen! Nintendo's also doing good on the Switch, but I am really loving Sony's exclusives. I wish Nintendo would take more risks and invest into more new first party IP's to go alongside Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Splatoon and Fire Emblem.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I think Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 make Switch a good contender for me, but the PS4 does has Final Fantasy 7 Remake coming, so I'd probably go with the PS4.

Deleted member 38050

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
PS4 Bloodborne which is so good on it's own that I'd almost choose PS4 just because of it, even though I don't like any other PS4 exclusives that much. But I'm gonna have to go with Switch, I think.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Easily PS4.
And Death Stranding and TLoU2 haven't even come out yet.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
PC by far, and it's not even close. You have a wide range of genres that are available nowhere else. Consoles you get like 5 overhyped exclusives a year.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Currently : Sony
By end of Switch lifespan : Nintendo almost certainly

Would probably be different if I was into ND games, but I'm not so Sony is being carried largely by God of War, Bloodborne and the game of the generation, The Last Guardian.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
My preference is PlayStation but I've always preferred them, this gen actually gave me the least PlayStation exclusives I love, really only God of War, Spider-Man, and I'm expecting Last of Us 2.

I don't give a shit about the other PlayStation exclusives for platform preference. I care about other things. I enjoy a couple others but if they all disappeared I wouldn't care.