• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which one?

• Dragon Quest 11

Votes: 62 27.3%
  • Astral Chain

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • Okami HD

Votes: 19 8.4%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 1

Votes: 65 28.6%
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • Luigi’s Mansion 3

Votes: 47 20.7%

• Total voters
Oct 28, 2017
I am trying to beat some of the games I have on switch, but never got around to. I've never played any of these.

I'm in the mood for something long-ish, don't mind an RPG but I like games with exploration and open worlds. I've never really played a DQ game either.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon Quest is amazing, and will get you into the series, so you will have several incredible games to play next.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
I'd go for Luigis Mansion 3 or Astral Chain (which I am playing right now). The latter is an underrated game imho. Really enjoying it.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
but for real, Luigis Mansion 3 is both satisfying and chill

Borgus

Apr 14, 2020
Toronto
I'd say go for Okami HD. Its got its flaws but I appreciated that it wanted to have Zelda in its DNA without just straight up ripping the series off. Such a great world to immerse yourself in.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
but for real, Luigis Mansion 3 is both satisfying and chill
Yeah - as someone who just completed it (it was my Halloween game) - can't recommend it enough. Challenging, fun, doesn't overstay its welcome, really great visuals (Luigi's animations are worth it alone), and great gameplay.

Just an all around great package that really doesn't leave you wanting for anything.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Xenoblade is my GOAT RPG probably, DQXI is great but playing Xenoblade DE this year after only playing Xenoblade X on launch was a godlike experience

KeyChainDude

Oct 28, 2017
Luigi's Mansion 3, for the halloween vibes.

Also, it is my favorite game on the Switch to date, so I can't recommend it enough. Really clever puzzles and fun exploration.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Luigi's Mansion 3 is essential and the length is perfect. There's some fine games on your list but they skew a bit on the too long.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Three of those games deserve more sales and exposure, them three being Astral Chain, DQXIS and Xenoblade. Can't go wrong with either one.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Astral Chain if you want the best action game of this gen, Dragon Quest XI if you want the best jrpg of this gen, Xenoblade Chronicles DE if you want to play the best jrpg of last gen.
I'm actually quite envious, I wish i could experience all of this for the first time myself (since I played Xenoblade something like 5 times)

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I'd say Xenoblade, it's one of my favourite games of all time and if I'm honest I'm not the biggest JRPG fan anymore.

I really should give DQXI another go though after all the praise it gets, I just found the first few hours very dull and the combat so simple.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
That's some great games to pick from. If I had to play them I'd go like this

Xenoblade Chronicles
Astral Chain
Luigi's Mansion 3

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Get the short ones out of the way before going in on longer stuff. Luigi, Astral Chain and Marvel. They're the shorter games. Rest could count for at least 250 hours in total.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Voted for Luigi out of those.. would've been DQXI of it wasn't for the god awful music.... And sexism ofc

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
I haven't played any of those other games, but Luigi's Mansion is fun to go through and doesn't take too long to beat (if you don't grab everything). My biggest gripe is with the camera/right-stick controls as I've never gotten completely used to it, so I'm not always able to do what I want and have to struggle a bit.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles. I just finished it for the third time last night and the game is truly amazing.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Played most of these, my favs in order:

1. Xenoblade Chronicles
2. Luigi's Mansion 3 (was my GOTY last year)
3. Astral Chain
4. Okami HD
5. Dragon Quest XI
6. Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Apart from Marvel I think you can't go wrong with any of these.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
it's between Dragon Quest and Xenoblade. Both games are top tier JRPGs. I suppose if you have never played a DQ, why not take the dive?

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
  1. Luigi's Mansion
  2. Xenoblade
  3. Astral chain
  4. Dragon Quest
  5. Okami

Haven't played MUA, but I'm pretty sure it would end up number six anyway.

Luigi is not particularly challenging, but aside from that it's the only one that's great from start to finish, constantly surprising you with new things. XB1, AC and Okami have great highs but also stretches of tedium (and XB2 and Bayonetta 2 on the same system are better, yes I said XB2 is better). DQ I really want to like because it's so gorgeous but the whole game is just kinda there, you already played this game 300 times even if you never played a DQ before. Anyway it's still well liked, and the top three I heartily recommend. Okami is the only one I couldn't really get through, but that could be me.