• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Street Fighter has the best soundtrack?

• Street Fighter II

Votes: 138 37.1%
  • Street Fighter: Zero / Alpha

Votes: 29 7.8%
  • Street Fighter III

Votes: 118 31.7%
  • Street Fighter IV

Votes: 17 4.6%
  • Street Fighter V

Votes: 46 12.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 5.6%
  • Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
For the sake of simplicity, we'll condense them into their overall series (e.g. Alpha 2 is part of "Alpha").

I have to go with Street Fighter III. As much as I like Street Fighter II, III is just so smooth.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
You're missing Street Fighter EX, which is the series with the best SF music.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I'll have to say IV cuz that was my first SF and this is burned into my brain

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
The EX series and it's not even close.

Okay 2nd Impact and a few SFV themes are up there though.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
II gave us Guile's theme. The internet told me it goes with everything.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Street Fighter 2 is the only correct answer with memorable banger after banger. Those are iconic, you can play any one of those for arcade heads who haven't touched games in years would know those tracks.

cant say the same for other street fighter games.

Oct 27, 2017
Tie between Street Fighter EX 2 and EX 3. Most of the songs are different between them but both games have varied soundtracks.

Best Sagat song is stuck in the EX verse.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017

Street Fighter Alpha II.

Alpha 3's nowhere near as good IMO. I'd say SFV is second followed by SFIII's due to its uniqueness.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
I feel Alpha 3 should be separate since that game's soundtrack is drastically different from the rest of the Alpha series and SF in general.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Street Fighter 2. It's just too iconic.

Unpopular opinion here, but SF3 is definitely my least favorite. None of the beats really pump me up. Some of the jazzy beats are cool but it's mostly not memorable for me besides maybe 2 themes.

OP
OP
Sectorseven

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize there was so much love for EX. I would have added it to the poll, but I figured most people didn't even know it exists.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
They all have a good to great soundtrack, but I'm going to pick the outlier option and go with SSF2T on the 3DO. Call it nostalgia, but there was nothing else quite like it at home in 1994.

Many people bitched about this soundtrack and called it "fruity" around release just because it wasn't exactly like the arcade version, but I thought it was better. Best Akuma theme too.

Street Fighter 2. It's just too iconic.

Unpopular opinion here, but SF3 is definitely my least favorite. None of the beats really pump me up. Some of the jazzy beats are cool but it's mostly not memorable for me besides maybe 2 themes.

Same.

Street Fighter Alpha II.

Alpha 2 is actually my favorite Street Fighter by a fair margin, and those two songs are two of my favorites from that game too, but I still have to give the overall edge to SSF2T 3DO for the OST.

Last edited:

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Are we talking original music or do the remixes in the later series count?

Original is 2 with 3 as a backup; remixes count = 5 because it has literally all the songs that matter save maybe Makoto's theme, Necro's theme and like 3S VS Chara select (and make your first pick)? If it had the sf4 vanilla Chara select it would be perfect.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
It's SF3, though SF2 3DO is a great shout out.

My underrated shout out is going to be Second Impact. I like 3S' a bit more but it's also incredible

Nov 1, 2017
So glad the EX series is getting love because those tunes are absolutely next level. Some of the best music I've ever heard in my life, no hyperbole.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SF3 for sure. Alpha is a close second.

Shout out to 2nd Impact which probably has one of the most underrated soundtracks in the series. I think it's better than 3rd Strike's in some regards.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SF2. Those tunes are memorable and rock hard.

That bland elevator music found in SF3 is best forgotten.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
It's gotta be a tie between the EX games and SFIII, and by EX and SFIII, I mean EX plus alpha and 2nd Impact.

Shout out to 2nd Impact which probably has one of the most underrated soundtracks in the series. I think it's better than 3rd Strike's in some regards.
Gill's 2I theme kicks the shit out of the 3S theme, and this is coming from someone that really likes the latter

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
2nd Impact is another banger. Also adjacent but Capcom vs SNK 1 have much better tracks

It's both cool but also really infuriating that a lot of Capcom's best tracks are on games left behind on a prior revision. Barely anyone would hear Alpha 2 or 2nd Impact ''s tracks because they'd just play Alpha 3 or 3rd Strike instead and that's a real shame

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
A strange amount of SF3 love on here.

Objectively it's 2 which is why the themes for those characters are considered iconic and why they always get remixed.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
It's 2 for me due to how iconic and memorable every single track is. 3S and Alpha 2 probably have my favorite individual tracks, but 2 is just so consistently amazing.

The whole series has great soundtracks.

I had issues with how SFV turned out (even if it's in a great place now after several updates), but the soundtrack in it was always strong even since launch. Confident they'll keep it up for 6.

Oct 25, 2017
It's a tie between II and Alpha 2. Like many others have said, II simply has so many iconic tracks. Alpha 2 isn't quite as legendary, but something about fighting to a laid back, smooth soundtrack was really neat.

I also have a fondness for 2nd Impact. The trippy drum& bass / acid-jazz soundtrack perfectly fits the general weirdness that is SF3. Hugo's theme in particular is a jam.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You know I thought about this for a bit and I might have to give it to Street Fighter V. The game had some fantastic remixes of old themes (LOVE that Guile Theme remix) and had some pretty banger new themes as well like Rashid's and G's theme. So overall SFV wins for me.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
5 or 3 i suppose
sf4's cody theme is AMAZING, they butchered the fuck out of it on sf5 it's infuriating