• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rockstar are obviously well known for their GTA and Red Dead series (shout out to Bully and Midnight Club also) but I'd love to see them tackle another genre or a completely new setting.

What would you like to see?

For me I would always jump straight into the obvious futuristic sci-fi game. I know this idea always gets thrown around but after the way Cyberpunk got released and it's reception I would love to see what they would do with the setting. If they could bring the same level of immersion, detail and characterisation to a future setting I would be all over it.

A runner up would be some kind of horror game. I know they did Manhunt before but I think it would be interesting to see a larger game that has horror elements to it or some kind of murder mystery kind of scenario.

Deleted member 76797

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
I wish they would do something else but GTA6 and GTA 6 online will carry them through the next 3 generations on an ever growing mountain of cash. I don't even know if we'll get another red dead looking at how GTAV still sells and RDRO seems like it underperformed.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
I think there was a rumour about a medieval game, I didn't put much stock in it but it definitely went on my wish list

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
The world of Cyberpunk looked stunning, but immersion wise was lacking, so a rockstar take would be something incredible.

What ever it is, I just REALLY want proper variety and balance.

So no tiny and useless snowy area like rdr2 ( after the first chapter hardly ever need to go, even though it looks stunning) or the tiny and useless desert in GTA V. Make it large and lived in like the rest of the map. I would spend much more time in the snow area if it had more than 3 buildings.

I love deserts and cities so something like Dubai could be cool but also love snowy forests and small towns so Alaska maybe?
I'm sure it will be beyond anything we have seen once it's released, especially if it's next gen only.
Just hate the wait, even if it's worth it haha

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Sci-Fi, but not Cyberpunk, actual space. Either a far future Earth or some distant galactic civilization.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I just want to see the present in another unique location. Not Miami, or California, or New York.

Oct 24, 2019
Their forte is outlaws of some kind (bullies in school, bandits in the Wild West, gangsters in modern day).

So it would have to be something that continues that theme, which makes me want:

1. Pirates
2. Ronin (feudal Japan)
3. Highwaymen (medieval Europe)
4. Bootleggers (1920s America)
5. Hackers (maybe in a near-future setting)

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Something bright and colorful where you get to raise cute horses while petting fuzzy creatures throughout the game.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo - Brazil
Imperial Rome:

scale-model-ancient-rome-thumbnail.jpg

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Sci-fi with aliens.

Like mash GTA, Mass Effect, and Xenoblade X all into one game.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like another historical setting and have them double down on the simulation aspects already sorta present in RDR2. Just move away from the rigid mission structure and "cinematic" story-telling of GTA and RDR and make a realistic systems-driven game that lets me live in a gorgeously recreated historical setting please.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
A pirate game with the RDR 2 treatment. The setting is perfect for great story, character, visual and gameplay possibilities.

We need more pirate games.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Sci-fi or fantasy would be cool. Something out of their comfort zone a bit.

pez2k

Apr 21, 2018
Space Station GTA was absolutely the best mod for GTA1, so I'd love to see something like that. Give it some of the grunge of Brigador instead of the gleam of Mass Effect, borrow liberally from The Expanse, and it'd be an interesting setting.

If not that, then perhaps somewhere in South America like Rio - Max Payne 3 had a great aesthetic to it, and there's a lot of room for their traditional rags to riches storyline in a city with such a wealth disparity. It's also not Western Europe, the USA or Japan, which already makes it a rarity for games.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I will always wish and hope to see some devs take on the task of setting a game in India

The colours. The music. The variety of people. The slums. The city. The crime. It's otherworldly as far as settings go

JohnF

Jan 19, 2019
I don't play Red Dead, but I'm just really happy with Rockstar cranking out GTA games. Usually I'm all for developers spreading their wings, branching out, etc., but Rockstar is so obscenely good at modern-day open-world games that I would be fine with them just cranking out GTA forever.