• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which is more obvious

• Tobi

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • Dabi

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
smO-YfVe.jpg

dabi-1214493-1280x0.jpeg

From Naruto and My Hero, these two villains have hidden identities and Tobi was revealed to be Obito while Dabi is 100% guaranteed to be Touya, Shoto's older brother. A lot of fans have said both of these reveals are so obvious, so between the two of them, which one is more obvious?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I remember many Naruto fans saying many years ago that it Tobi was too obvious. It couldn't be. And then it was. I'd say Tobi, because it was so dumb. Kishimoto does a little extra bit on Kakashi's past for no reason? Yeah, right.

I've seen Dabi in the MHA manga, but I don't even recall hearing anything about Shoto's brother. Guess I haven't gotten far enough.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Tobi was so excruciatingly obvious from the second he was introduced that it wrapped back around to the thought that it had to be a red herring and he wasn't Obito because it was just that damn obvious.

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I think there's a lot of misdirection for Tobi, even if Obito is fairly obvious, It could have easily been Danzo, depending on the writing.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kishimoto pretty much straight up strung us along to the reveal with Tobi. To the point that it was probably intentional.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Tobi was obvious since the moment he showed up, that's how obvious he was.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Tobi at least had other options and theories like Donzo and Shisui

For Dabi it's just Touya, it's not a mystery it's foreshadowing

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017

This is the key.

There's no other suspect for Dabi that could would make the secret about his name and the reaction to it matter.

At least Naruto had other characters who could be Tobi him and still be a shocking revelation.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was totally in denial over Tobi lmao, I just didn't think it'd be that obvious.

Nah it's still a mystery
He literally blacks out the bubble revealing Dabi's identity

It just happens to be a poor one lol

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Even though Dabi is 100% Touya, maybe wait till it's confirmed? And till the anime reaches it? This feels pretty shitty, anime only viewers are gonna think you spoiled them but won't be able to click into the thread for fear of confirming anything

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They are both pretty obvious, but Tobi is way more dumb so I'm voting for that

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I mean Kishimoto successfully fooled most of the fandom.

95 % of the fandom actually believed he really was Madara like he said he was and the people who still thought he was Obito were called crack theorists.

Tobi being Obito didn't become the prevailing theory until near the end when it was revealed that Madara was already dead and it was someone else under that mask.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I'd believe Kishi was some mad genius who successfully off a Clark Kent/Superman level trick on the fandom if Obito had started gloating to Kakashi with something like how could he not have instantly known who he has with how obvious he made it.

"My fucking name was Tobi bro...Tobi...Obito... look at my hair.....Kakashi pls."

Wes D. Mess

Avenger
Aug 11, 2018
Chicago
Tobi was obvious in the sense that people correctly called his identity literally the second he showed up. Naturally Tobi being Obito is so damn stupid that a lot of the fanbase theorized that he was more than just Obito. Then Kishimoto made the weird decision to have him imitate Madara so that muddied the waters too. So initially extremely obvious but useless red herrings padded out the mystery of his idenity.

Dabi can only really be one person for his identity to be kept hidden for this long. Unless some silly changes happen its obvious who he is.