• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I really can't predict this one: FFVII I would say has the biggest chance of being divisive, with some reviewers praising the direction they went with and others opposed to it. But at the same time it could surprise us.
R3Make I'd expect it to fare well, although it seems some people are lukewarm about it? I don't follow the series so I would have not expected that.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
After playing both demos my choice was only solidified. Something was feeling way off with RE3, I'm still planning on enjoying the shit out of it, but 5-6 hour campaign is really disappointing after promises about bigger and more explorable Raccoon City. And the downgraded gore is like a stake through my bloody heart.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Welp, looking forward to my new avatar. Unless FF7R scores worse, but I really can't see that happening after reactions to the demo.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like in the long turn RE3 Remake will be remembered more fondly than FF7Remake Part 1, but for now, the honeymoon period, FF7 will win this. Still disappointed in Capcom. I know you had to rush because of the next console generation, but I wouldve gladly waited another year to add more content and fix some stuff.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
LJh9GSj.jpg

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Well shit. That's an L for me then. I can't imagine VIIR dropping below 80.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like in the long turn RE3 Remake will be remembered more fondly than FF7Remake Part 1, but for now, the honeymoon period, FF7 will win this. Still disappointed in Capcom. I know you had to rush because of the next console generation, but I wouldve gladly waited another year to add more content and fix some stuff.

Whatever you have to tell yourself. This is a reach.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's no way FF7 is getting lower scores than RE3 now. As much as FF fans were concerned about the linearity of this game, it's not going to compare to the current concerns about truncated content on an already short game in RE3.

Oct 31, 2017
Ok guys let's not celebrate just yet

RE3 still has reviews coming in and we don't really have any idea how VIIR will score

Although, yes, I really don't see VIIR getting an 80 or lower when even fucking XV got an 81

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever you have to tell yourself. This is a reach.
I mean, most people I know think that FF7Remake is the entire game and not part 1 because of how it's advertised. I can imagine a lot of people getting sour at the fact that it's only Midgar. Not to mention some of the story changes some purists will have problems with. While I enjoy the new combat mechanics, there are some people, especially here, who don't like it as much.

Oct 27, 2017
lol RE3 is getting shit on and it seems crapcom didnt try that hard this time... they shouldnt even have had a pvp mode and should have taken all that dev time and made teh story campaign better. :/ FF7R will review WAAY better

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
No interest in a avvie bet, but it's got to be RE3. There's been enough changes to FFVII that a sizeable amount of people aren't going to be happy, me included. Whereas Capcom's REmake team have a great track record.

--edit

Didn't realise that RE3 reviews were already out lol. My fave reviewer gave it 7/10. FVII's path looking easier

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Feeling pretty good about this right now. lol. Having said that, while an 80 Metacritic is fine I was definitely expecting RE3 to score higher than that and there's no way FF7 gets a Metacritic of 80 or below.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Ok guys let's not celebrate just yet

RE3 still has reviews coming in and we don't really have any idea how VIIR will score

Although, yes, I really don't see VIIR getting an 80 or lower when even fucking XV got an 81

Eeeh, worst case scenario, we lose and team RE will be even more motivated to find that special avatar for us. It's all in good fun. I'm also glad this thread exists, lets me alleviate the disappointment I feel right now after going through reviews.

lol RE3 is getting shit on and it seems crapcom didnt try that hard this time... they shouldnt even have had a pvp mode and should have taken all that dev time and made teh story campaign better. :/ FF7R will review WAAY better

That PvP mode is such a steaming pile of trash. I'm still baffled they ditched Mercs for that. Coop Mercs would give RE3 thick legs for me. Resistance though? Was out after 10 minutes.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
So uh, no way FF VII RE gets less scores than 82... might wanna get those Avatars ready, RE fans

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
My expectation is when Metacritic and OpenCritic unfreeze (they've not been updated for a bit with several scores and been sitting at the same number for a while) the Metacritic Score will be 81 and the OpenCritic score will be 83.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
It would be a huge twist if FFVIIR somehow ended up with lower score..(which I still think is possible)

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I think it'd be a real big shock if that was the case. Previews have been pretty glowing thus far.
True, and I think there is very low chance. But game having huge expectation and it being midgar only could be a huge negative for reviewers unless they did a really good job expanding the game without making it feel like padding.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017

Honestly, the goal of the entirety of the FF7 remake seems to be remake that entire game content/story-wise and add a ton of stuff to it so I feel like only the most diehard purists (and maybe people who REALLY hate the new VO?) won't fondly remember the FF7 remake. With Resident Evil/Capcom fans... as a Resident Evil fan who knows the fanbase pretty well, I feel like the stuff that got trimmed out of RE2 & RE3 remakes will be mentioned in threads by disgruntled RE fans for many years to come. lol

I look forward to when we get close to the release of RE8 where threads from people asking if they should play the RE2 & RE3 remakes pop up. Why? Because I know there will be people earnestly trying to convince those people to play the originals instead. lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Eeeh, worst case scenario, we lose and team RE will be even more motivated to find that special avatar for us. It's all in good fun. I'm also glad this thread exists, lets me alleviate the disappointment I feel right now after going through reviews.

That PvP mode is such a steaming pile of trash. I'm still baffled they ditched Mercs for that. Coop Mercs would give RE3 thick legs for me. Resistance though? Was out after 10 minutes.

yeah im hoping if Code V is the next REMAKE these 60-80 scores will scare capcom into making good for that GAME.... RE3 was never my fav but it deserved just as much love as RE2 REMAKE got.