• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FFVIIR is my most antecipated game of all time, but i believe in RE3R getting better scores.

Put me in

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Huge downgrade to gore?! OO
What did they take out?
Lots of little thing that when combined still makes it a good zombie shooter, but nowhere near as impressive as RE2. For eg no ragdoll physics for dead zombies or body parts, wet blood and gore being replaced by generic videogame blood, not being able to shoot limbs off on demand by your pistol (still happens but randomly), shotgun not straight up cutting zombies in half or blowing heads off to a pulp (unless its a crit shot) etc.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
My head says RE3, my heart says FFVII. The betting ends on my birthday so I feel like Fate is forcing me to choose.

Let's go FFVII! Prediction: Resident Evil 3 scores 91 and FFVII scores 93

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
I played both demo and they seem great. At first, I probably think RE3 might have chance, but then realized the popularity of FF7 (and other factors too), so I say it would be that to have higher metacritics. Sorry, RE3..

259269C85BCA42EBB252DDA7FC20BD784F50860C

Jun 17, 2018
I'm pretty sure RE3 is going to score higher. RE2 was a damn fine game and providing they don't fuck it up royally I can see it being another contender for GOTY. FFVII remake will hopefully be great but after the last few FF games, I'm not overly optimistic that they will push out a truly amazing game. I also think that it's episodic nature will do it no favours.

Sep 14, 2018
I feel like ff7 will end up very divisive, we all know how crazy the og fans can get. That Han shot first thread was a hoot and a half.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think both games will disappoint a bit in terms of scores. Just a hunch.

RE3 for example, its a less beloved game than RE2 and its shorter. The popular RE2 bonus content like 4h Survivor has been traded in for Resistance which seems to be a piece of shit. That will hurt scores for sure.

FFVIIR, dunno. Its still only Midgar. Even if its been stretched to a full game. Side quests seem to bier MMO tier of shit, kill x amount of rats and return.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I seen some awful takes on both games in this thread

Y'all seriously just take the first hint of bad news and just run with it huh

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I feel there is going to be a lot of strife over FF7R being only a fraction of the original game.

So RE3.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
All current votes updated, going to close voting in a little more than 15 hours from now.

Drwu

Aug 23, 2018
I think it's gonna be FF7, while I'm insanely excited for re3 i think some of the excitement has warn off where as FF7R is still still new and shiny

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Closing joining in about 6-8 hours, so last chance to take part, back out or switch sides!

Also going to in the next week submit a lot of potential avatars myself, but others of course welcome to submit options as well.

almendrabl

Jan 24, 2020
I would love it to be FF7R, but there are several types of fans and they all have their own complaint.

So my vote is for RE3.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think both games will disappoint a bit in terms of scores. Just a hunch.

RE3 for example, its a less beloved game than RE2 and its shorter. The popular RE2 bonus content like 4h Survivor has been traded in for Resistance which seems to be a piece of shit. That will hurt scores for sure.

FFVIIR, dunno. Its still only Midgar. Even if its been stretched to a full game. Side quests seem to bier MMO tier of shit, kill x amount of rats and return.

Ah shit, has this been confirmed? I fucking HATE fetch quests. There's no excuse in a post-Witcher 3, post-Yakuza world for a triple-AAA game to have fetch quests. They have 5 years, all the money in the world, and access to the best talent to make meaningful, hilarious, sad, shocking, surprising side quests.

This would kill my hype so badly and if true, I'd want reviewers to ruthlessly call it out and dock points accordingly for it.

/endrant

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Ah shit, has this been confirmed? I fucking HATE fetch quests. There's no excuse in a post-Witcher 3, post-Yakuza world for a triple-AAA game to have fetch quests. They have 5 years, all the money in the world, and access to the best talent to make meaningful, hilarious, sad, shocking, surprising side quests.

This would kill my hype so badly and if true, I'd want reviewers to ruthlessly call it out and dock points accordingly for it.

/endrant

This is all we have afaik

Sep 14, 2018
They will probably be like hunts from XV but with a little intro. I mean that's not bad at all, especially if the gameplay is fun. I think what would be a drag are actual fetch quests like chasing frogs in XV or dogtags or whatever the fuck else.

Omg there was one where you have to disable bear traps or something and they're hidden on a woodsy area and blend in with the background lol, quality sidequesting.

Sep 14, 2018
I wonder if the reviewers played Resistance against each other or didn't review that part and just focused on RE3?

Anyway I almost forgot, Dusk Golem I'd like to be on team RE3 please.

Last edited:

Akuma-san メカ豪鬼

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
I wonder if the reviewers played Resistance against each other or didn't review that part and just focused on RE3?

Anyway I almost forgot, Dusk Golem I'd like to be on team RE3 please.
I think the purpose of the open beta is to also allow Reviewers to play Resistance seamlessly. Resistance will surely be part of the review though I hope it will just be a very minor part of the total score they would give.

Sep 14, 2018
Not ERA, but from someone who already has the game since March 24th.

That means reviewers would have had 3 days with the campaign and 3 with the resistance beta before the embargo lifted, the beta that didn't happen lol. Unless everyone was given xbox copies, ruh roh. Do you know if this person reviewed Resistance?

Sep 14, 2018
Oh ok it's a mystery then. I'm just wondering if reviewers set up playdates with each other for resistance or when they played it or if they played it. Lol this is so Capcom.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone wants to join last minute, switch teams, back out, do so now or forever hold your peace. Shutting off joining in on this in 50 minutes, then next stage is avatar creation and voting as reviews come in for both games.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK