• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm Team RE3. Super pumped for both games but I know FF7 fans all too well lol. Expect some down scores simply because it's multi-part.

Although, if I lose, please put cash Vince into mine somehow.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Team RE3

because I'm too lazy/indecisive to choose my own avatar.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
You know what, I'm willing to bet my avatar that RE3 pulls out ahead. I think despite how good FF7 may or may not be, the MC will crumble under the pressure that fans will put on it.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
FFVIIR is a dream come true. I can see RE3 being well received but scoring lower than RE2.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE3 no contest. FF7 being truncated is going to hurt it.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I despise Metacritic, and haven't bothered making any av bets before this, but I'm bored. I say FFVIIR.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
FF7 easily. Look at the reactions the demo is getting, the nostalgia is MUCH bigger and RE3 feels like an also ran, RE2 was just last year.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Not in it for an avatar bet. This is a tough one because Capcom is on a fucking roll but I absolutely loved the FF7 demo.

I'm going to say RE3 only because it's the full experience and more, while I think FF7 will have to deal with a series of "it's only part of the game" critiques. So, RE3 even if I expect to enjoy RE7 more.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird. I think both will get low 90s, with RE3 ahead by a percent. But I think FF7 has the better chance of getting mid 90s of the two.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I think both will be fantastic, but given that I predict some purists will shit on FF7 more than RE3remake out of spite, I think that will bring down the overall meta-critic for FF7 more than RE3remake so I'm going with Team RE3remake.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Never done one of these before, but I think I can handle changing my avatar for a few weeks.

People are making really good points about FF7R getting stupid deductions from haters, but I think I'm going to jump on Team FF7R anyway.

I look forward to the results :D

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Re3 will score better but only by a little. FF will undoubtedly sell more, a lot more. And I don't even like final fantasy.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Hey Dusk Golem put me down for team ...

RESIDENT EVIL 3 BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Xclusion

Nov 8, 2017
Resident Evil will score higher, FF7 previews have come with faults, with that said I'm gonna enjoy the Hell out of both!

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I am more excited for RE3, I think FF7 will have a higher review aggregate.

More hype for it, almost every preview of it is glowing and RE3 is coming out real close to RE2 remake.

I guess I am team FF7

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I think that ff7 will score higher because it's one of the most anticipated remake in decades. We already got Re2 remake, so i don't expect RE3 remake to be that different and new to critics when it comes out although i still expect it to score high.

Ging

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Unfair.

Shooter games get review boosters. FFVII Remake on the full game story is not in the arena... RE3 is the complete experience, something Square Enix does not understand, not an extended demo.

Totally unfair but Square Enix is feeding FFVII haters ammo by making these strategic choices, undermining it's own 'Ultima' strength, in the franchise.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
RE3

Edit: my reasoning is that the original FF7 is a lot more beloved than the original RE3. Any changes from the original FF7 will have a higher chance of angering reviewers, whereas most reviewers won't care or notice changes from the original RE3. Many of them likely won't have even played the original RE3. It'll just be like a cool new game to a lot of people.
I agree 100%, not betting though

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Unfair.

Shooter games get review boosters. FFVII Remake on the full game story is not in the arena... RE3 is the complete experience, something Square Enix does not understand, not an extended demo.

Totally unfair but Square Enix is feeding FFVII haters ammo by making these strategic choices, undermining it's own 'Ultima' strength, in the franchise.
More fair than you may think, horror games often get a review strike against it as well unless it's a particularly loved game. Just kinda' look over how horror games, even good ones, usually do over time.

Keep in mind RE3 is a horror game where a big invincible monster chases you through most of the game, some really don't like that.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
FFVII easily.

I feel like the wave of enthusiasm for the REmakes has already crested, while everyone is ready to fall head over heels for the FF reboot.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I dont really care to bet, but I will throw my two cents in

I feel like RE3 will be judged alot (unfairly or fairly) based on Resistance, unless they plan on delaying it. I think some people might not jive with it. And I'll be honest with an external dev doing the work I'm not 100% confident in the technical side like I would be with Capcom. On the other hand, SE seems like they have pulled out all the stops and are only targeting 1 platform.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
With the RE3 demo out now, I thought I might see where people are sitting. Again, this is open for people to join teams until March 31st (unless like, reviews for RE3 start coming earlier or the like).

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm. Tough one. RE3, I feel doesn't have that big of a buzz that RE2 had. FF7 on the other paw, has got the bigger buzz. I think both will review great in the 80's range.

My bias opinion will be FF7R will win out. Count me as team Final Fantasy.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
On April 24th, two weeks after Final Fantasy VII releases, which game do you think will have the higher Metacritic?
Wouldn't it be simpler to use OpenCritic because of their taking into account every platform for the score? RE3 is getting released on three platforms; if you use Metacritic, you'd have to figure out which version would determine the score, etc.

Apologies if this has been addressed before.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't it be simpler to use OpenCritic because of their taking into account every platform for the score? RE3 is getting released on three platforms; if you use Metacritic, you'd have to figure out which version would determine the score, etc.

Apologies if this has been addressed before.
Metacritic affects devs a bit more actively which is why I use it, but usually there's a more clear "complete" Metacritic over the other ones which I'll use. OpenCritic is what I'll use if there's a resulted tie though.