• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 61326

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2019
Easily RE3. FF7 will get poor reviews due to not exactly matching the reviewers' expectations. I'm expecting low 80s.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Put me in for RE3.

Capcom has more concrete plans and solid development cycles late this gen.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
RE3, no question. No, my impending Pikachu avatar does not impact my certainty at all.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
CLBfr4f.png
TlEI0zM.png

i'm sorry

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE3 for sure

I'm gonna enjoy FFVII:R a helluva lot more tho

(I'm not signing up for the bet tho. The pumkin is eternal.)

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I'm in.

Even though I'll probably enjoy RE3 more, I have to pick FFVII as the potential victor. The game changes feel "safer", most likely to better fit in with today's climate so I think overall it'll be received better by reviewers. And from what I played, the game is simple as hell so that'll also do wonders for the score, whereas I imagine some might get frustrated by the tentacle assault from Nemmy. Nostalgia factor will also be stronger for FFVII, as it was already somewhat cashed in for RE franchise with REmake 2.

Sooo... I'm betting on FFVII but hoping RE3 will be the winner.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
Resident Evil 3.

The original is a less beloved game (unfortunately) so whatever Capcom changes in the remake won't be so scrutinized; we already expect a huge overhaul in gameplay, story, characters, , enemies encounter, overall presentation etc. Also, Capcom already showed with RE2 that they have a good and solid framework for their new Resident Evil games.

On the other hand, reviews might complain about "more of the same" with RE3 (just like they did with the original RE3).

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Somebody on the RE Discord was saying that RE3 was getting some mixed previews. Not sure where or who - but i'd be interesting to read some of those concerns.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm fully in the re3 camp but my gosh...the demo for ff7 outside if the voice acting really impressed me. I really liked the combat...felt a bit linear but still....my heart says ff7...my brain says re3

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
My vote goes to RE3.

I think while FF7R will be a good game, the expectations is way too high.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Im in for RE3.

I know the reviews will complain "its not scary, RE2 was more scary, too much the same as 2, not the same as 2" blah blah blah. But I got faith in Jill and Neme-chan.

After playing the demo of 7... its gonna rock the reviews I'm sure if they can keep the pace the opening has and not get bogged down in the bs with side quests like 15 did.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not betting for now--too many variables to weigh up based on the games' legacies alone and I really can't decide.

I think RE3 will be a slightly better game but I could see its score being hurt by how hot on the heels it's coming after RE2. FFVII will benefit more from nostalgia and (possibly) from being a more satisfying game than any of the XIII trilogy or XV. I do think VII will lose points on pacing issues though--the demo already introduces needless stuff which I could see getting frustrating as the game progresses. The original 5-hour Midgar was perfectly paced and I just can't see them maintaining that when they're fleshing out so many of the old characters and introducing new ones.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna bet cus I'm a wimp like that but I feel a lot of people here are gonna be really surprised by FF7's reception going by some of the pro-RE3 votes here.

Nov 4, 2017
So you're telling me I can make the obvious choice of RE3, and if by some fluke it loses, I get a free funny FFVII avatar for 3 weeks?

Third-World-Skeptical-Kid.jpg

I'm in for RE3!

-RE3 is coming on the heels of the incredible RE2, includes a sweet online multiplayer mode and is a complete game (arguably 2 complete games, as I'm sure many of us were down to clown in the multiplayer game before we knew it included RE3).
-FFVIIR is leaning heavily into the controversial drag segment, has changed so much that it may alienate a lot of old fans, and is an incomplete game of which there will be <unknown> entries.

The odds seem so skewed, that I think if FFVIIR wins we should have to wear the avatar for 7 weeks while the other side only has to suffer the original 3. Because 7 vs 3. Geddit?@

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
First time voting in this kind of thread, I wonder if I'll have to change my avatar lol

My vote goes to RE3, I'll enjoy both titles for sure though.

Mar 30, 2019
I'm preengaged with another bet and would have jumped in here. (Would have gone FF7, even though I prefer RE) Good luck in the trash talk, may you never know peace.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I am surprised by how many people expect low 80s of FF7R tbh. Guess we will see how that pans out.

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
I love both games.
both will get good scores
But if I have to choose, RE3 will get higher.
So, count me in for RE3.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
I did the Sonic/Pikachu bet so I'm out of this one, but I'd go 88 for RE3 and 85 for FFVIIR.

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
Never played any of them before!
But I bet FF7R will win this for RE2R was last year, so already having RE3R ready so shortly after doesn't sound right

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
RE3 is gonna take the crown on this. It's very similar to the highly praised RE2, which already scored very well. FFVIIR looks fantastic after having played the demo, but the impossibly high expectations, game length and some technical hiccups are gonna get on its way.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
OG Resident Evil 3 didn't have wonderful scores but the remake might fare better. A lot of negativity on Era for FF VII, so I am going with that. FF VII Remake ftw

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
I can't officially join this avatar bet thread, as I am on the verge of losing in the Sonic vs. Detective Pikachu bet thread and will have to honor my commitment to wear whatever horrible avatar Team Sonic chooses.

But in my opinion, RE3 is going to take this easily. And I say this as someone who liked the FF7R demo a lot.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I bet RE3 will do better, put me in for that. I feel there will be more criticism towards FFVIIR even though it looks and plays fantastically by the demo.