• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which publisher's output are you most looking forward to next year?

• Nintendo (Breath of the Wild 2, Animal Crossing, No More Heroes III, etc.)

Votes: 145 28.7%
  • Sony (Dreams, The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, etc.)

Votes: 222 44.0%
  • Microsoft (Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Halo Infinite, Hellblade 2: Senua's Saga, etc.)

Votes: 75 14.9%
  • Ubisoft (Gods & Monsters, Watch Dogs 3, Rainbow Six Quarantine, etc.)

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Square Enix (Final Fantasy VII, Marvel's Avengers, Outriders, etc.)

Votes: 18 3.6%
  • Sega (Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Humankind, Sonic at the Olympic Games, etc.)

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 28 5.5%

• Total voters
Oct 24, 2019
We all know next year will be insane, and it looks like every publisher across the board will be firing on all cylinders. If you had to pick one publisher's content that you're most excited for, which one would you choose?

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Capcom.

They've truly redefined themselves, and everything they announced or released recently has been a home run. If 2020 works out, they've hit a grand slam this gen.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Sega has Persona 5 Royal and Project Sakura Wars next year remember. Both way more exciting than Sonic at the Olympics.

Edit - I don't even remember what Humankind is.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom as always. Sega as well mainly due to Yakuza games (plus stuff like Streets of Rage 4 and Panzer Dragoon)

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo right now. If the launch windows are hot, Sony could take the lead though. Also, if BOTW2 is 2021, that could change a lot.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
They said Hellblade 2 is really early in development so doubt that'll come out until 2021-2022. No solid release date yet on BoTW2 either.

For me it'd go Sony > Ubisoft > Sega.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft is set to have an excellent 2020. While I wouldn't necessarily say they have all the biggest games, the sheer amount of them (nearly one each month without even counting the next-gen launch) and the fact I'll get to play all of them at no extra charge through Game Pass makes me very excited. For example I do plan on playing multiple Ubisoft titles too but I'll probably play them down the line, picked up on sales or something, when the hype has died already.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Hard to choose just one, lots of heavy hitters coming out next year. My most anticipated game is Halo Infinite, and I'm excited for the other XGS games coming next year so that's what I voted for.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Sega easily. More Total War: Warhammer 2 DLC and Updates, new stuff for Total War: Three Kingdoms and most likely at least some info on Total War: Warhammer 3. It's gonna be a wonderful year.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
1. Nintendo - BOTW 2 + AC
2. Microsoft - Halo + Senua
3. Sony - TLOU2

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of too early to tell imo. XGS' lineup is certainly promising though.

Out of the games that are basically confirmed for 2020, I'm iinterested in Minecraft Dungeons, Psychonauts 2, Ori, Halo Infinite and Battletoads

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kairosoft, I am waiting "My Poney Stable 2" and hyped for "Ice Cream Stand".

Nah like many here "Elder Rings" is the game I am the most curious about, with TLoU2 and GoT.

And Nintendo, if BotW2 appears in the end the year to squeeze trough the Xbox and the PS5

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Dreams
The Last of Us Part 2
Ghost of Tsushima
Horizon Zero Dawn 2 @ PS5 launch?
Demon's Souls re-visioned?
Likely a Sony Japan game for PS5.
The Last of Us Online for PS5.

They have other games but Iron Man VR and MLB The Show is not for me.

Last edited:

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
went with Sony, looking forward to both TLOU2 and GoT. theres some other games im more excited about but the combo of those 2 gives sony the edge as a publisher

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
Dreams
The Last of Us Part 2
Ghost of Tsushima
Horizon Zero Dawn 2 @ PS5 launch?
Demon's Souls re-visioned?
Likely a Sony Japan game for PS5.
The Last of Us Online for PS5.

They have other games but Iron Man VR and MLB The Show is not for me.

Sony 2020 lineup is crazy. My wallet is already crying.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
BOTW isn't confirmed for any date.

But if it's next year, the year is gonna ruin me.

But I am gonna go with Square. FFVII and Avengers alone.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Lol, you don't have to prefer it, but saying it sucks is wrong.
It sucks when you aspire actually profound and inspiring concepts but you produce shallow things like "Robot Dinosaur RPG" and "The Road: The Game" and Death Stranding.

...Okay, I don't hate TLoU or DS (I do hate Horizon), or God of War, but it's so obvious to me that they greenlight those gameplay prototypes based on what delivers the best trailer material and the best cinematic content with much less care for how innovative or engaging they are simply to play. All Sony's releases except maybe Days Gone have been absolutely on par with the standard for streamlined Third- and First Person gameplay formats... but it's all so derivative too. Nothing Sony's first parties did this gen is on par with what Zelda did with the Far Cry ideas or what Microsoft's used to do with Halo for the shooter. Sony used to greenlight weirder games and huge variety of concepts in the PS3 days even, but this gen everything fits into their 'box' of "cinematic, marketable, artistically sophisticated" crap.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks when you aspire actually profound and inspiring concepts but you produce shallow things like "Robot Dinosaur RPG" and "The Road: The Game" and Death Stranding.

...Okay, I don't hate TLoU or DS (I do hate Horizon), or God of War, but it's so obvious to me that they greenlight those gameplay prototypes based on what delivers the best trailer material and the best cinematic content with much less care for how innovative or engaging they are simply to play. All Sony's releases except maybe Days Gone have been absolutely on par with the standard for streamlined Third- and First Person gameplay formats... but it's all so derivative too. Nothing Sony's first parties did this gen is on par with what Zelda did with the Far Cry ideas or what Microsoft's used to do with Halo for the shooter. Sony used to greenlight weirder games and huge variety of concepts in the PS3 days even, but this gen everything fits into their 'box' of "cinematic, marketable, artistically sophisticated" crap.
I could equally say fire emblem and xenoblade and stuff like that is waifu hentai bait covered with rpg mechanics, but I don't. It's just different tastes. It doesn't mean games are bad.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sony. Generation is almost over and they are still fucking killing it with crazy output just a matter of months before a new generation begins.

nismopower

Oct 29, 2017
No contest sony all the way!
tlou2 got and dreams! And fingers crossed for gran turismo 7 on ps5!!!