• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which post Robin/Robin graduation identity is the best?

• Nightwing

Votes: 172 86.9%
  • Red Hood

Votes: 18 9.1%
  • Red Robin

Votes: 8 4.0%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
So most of the people who held the Robin identity have moved on their own identity. Out of all of them which is the best?

Nightwing:

ab1cc39b87c319de683ea7957a9fcaba0bb33597.jpg

de5c5e2b946c5e7e4bcaf0ab92edb0e1964df74cv2_hq.jpg

latest

Red Hood:

i3ewbgfhhg281.png

titans-red-hood-1234313.jpeg

Red-Hood-51-4.jpg

Red Robin:

latest

f6f68a66bd79d30217a181279ee8e0e8.jpg

41x45qkakot51.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nightwing wins this one by default because Red Hood is Red Hood and I can't think of Red Robin without thinking of burgers.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Red Robin just makes me think about the restaurant lol

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Objectively it's probably Nightwing but I'm the sort of asshole that votes for Red Hood.

No one should vote for Red Robin, please and thank you.

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
Tim Drake is my favourite Robin but Red Robin is probably the worst post-Robin identity of the three lol... maybe with time it'll improve

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Does Stephanie Brown as Batgirl count? Because her.

Yes, this. One of the biggest casualties of the New 52 relaunch, IMHO, as far as actual comics go.

But otherwise yeah it's Nightwing (or better yet, Batman). I still don't really completely understand why Tim went to "Red Robin' and screw Red Hood.

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
What's her name? Why is it a spoiler? Tell me!

Stephanie Brown AKA Spoiler. One of the best and under-rated members of the Batfam. For some reason DC hates her (and her relationship with Tim). She was both Robin and Batgirl aside from Spoiler but her time as Robin was pretty bad for her.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I love Nightwing and Red Hood equally, but Nightwing is slightly more consistent. Tim is just a big fat looooooool. Steph should've stayed Batgirl.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can see Nightwing is winning quite handedly.

Not the least bit surprised.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nightwing >> Red Hood >>>>>> Red Robin/Drake/Tim
Nightwing has been around long enough to actually have solid runs (Dixon before he became a POS, and Taylor in particular).
Red Hood has a clear identity different from other Robins and has also had a good run (the recent one with Bizarro and Artemis).
Red Robin/Drake/Tim just kind of exists but doesn't really differentiate from any other Robin.

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Nightwing >> Red Hood >>>>>> Red Robin/Drake/Tim
Nightwing has been around long enough to actually have solid runs (Dixon before he became a POS, and Taylor in particular).
Red Hood has a clear identity different from other Robins and has also had a good run (the recent one with Bizarro and Artemis).
Red Robin/Drake/Tim just kind of exists but doesn't really differentiate from any other Robin.

Tim's 1993 run was the first time Robin got his own solo series and became a hero in his own right with a cool costume, weapons, etc. He is differentiated from the other Robins as he brought back Batman from the brink of darkness after losing Jason Todd and helped him properly heal from it.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
The answer's Nightwing. It makes sense from a theme perspective, incorporates Superman's influence on Dick, and feels like it's own thing.

Red Hood sucks. Tim Drake is excellent, but the Red Robin identity was a lazy choice. Elevate him by giving him his own identity pls.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Nightwing, no question.

Red Hood is my favourite DC character after Batman, but my man hasn't gotten many great comics (most of his own books have been shit) and DC doesn't know what the fuck to do with him.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tim's 1993 run was the first time Robin got his own solo series and became a hero in his own right with a cool costume, weapons, etc. He is differentiated from the other Robins as he brought back Batman from the brink of darkness after losing Jason Todd and helped him properly heal from it.
I was on a break from comics at the time but looking back I disliked what I read of that series, which to be fair was not that much. No Man's Land, for example, was an amazing event with almost uniformly good issues but the one that was outright bad was a Robin issue and the other Robin issues tied into it were on the weaker side as well.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's nightwing. He has transcended being batfamily (though he is still a vital part of it) and is the beacon of the best in the DC universe.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Red Robin is a milquetoast character and while I generally like Drake as an interesting post-Jason Todd Robin I never have cared about him *at all* since he dropped the Robin name. Him forcing Batman to understand he needed a Robin was always good stuff.

Red Hood is whatever. It was good for one story but Jason Todd as murder man with guns doesn't fit in the bat family and they write him as too much of a gruff hero and not an anti-hero/somtimes villian so he can stay in the bat family. Jason Todd was an ok take on Robin but his death and undeath is just prime edgelord comincs that I don't care for.

Nightwing is the GOAT. His run as Batman is fucking legendary. His run as a teenager in the 80s was legendary. His pre-batman mantle run was amazing. His run as nightwing post batman has been really good. Even the Grayson stuff when he dropped thenightwing name was good. He's an a-tier DC character.

Honestly, him and Wally are two of the most "real" characters in DC history and their very long runs as people living in the shadow of greatness who both eventually have to step out of that shadow and into the spotlight are amazing 30+ year stories.

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Red Robin is a milquetoast character and while I generally like Drake as an interesting post-Jason Todd Robin I never have cared about him *at all* since he dropped the Robin name. Him forcing Batman to understand he needed a Robin was always good stuff.

Red Hood is whatever. It was good for one story but Jason Todd as murder man with guns doesn't fit in the bat family and they write him as too much of a gruff hero and not an anti-hero/somtimes villian so he can stay in the bat family. Jason Todd was an ok take on Robin but his death and undeath is just prime edgelord comincs that I don't care for.

Nightwing is the GOAT. His run as Batman is fucking legendary. His run as a teenager in the 80s was legendary. His pre-batman mantle run was amazing. His run as nightwing post batman has been really good. Even the Grayson stuff when he dropped thenightwing name was good. He's an a-tier DC character.

Honestly, him and Wally are two of the most "real" characters in DC history and their very long runs as people living in the shadow of greatness who both eventually have to step out of that shadow and into the spotlight are amazing 30+ year stories.

Any good Grayson runs you would recommend? I'd like to read more of his comics.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Nightwing was "Fuck Batman" before Titans. They did such a great job showing the ways that Dick tried (and sometimes failed) to not become like Batman. And Bruce was always so ambivalent about it. Like he'd always say he trained Robin so he wouldn't turn out like Bruce, but then often pushed back or just gave nothing when Dick rebelled against Batman-ism. At the same time, there was a begrudging respect even when Dick was at his most resentful.

Also his ass looked great in that costume.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Nightwing. It is so clearly Nightwing that it is not worth talking about.

I do like Red Hood very much though.

NoalleGospell

Dec 3, 2018
Puerto Rico
It annoys me to no end that Tim(my fav Robin) has never fully graduated from the Robin identity and at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Damian graduates before him.