• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
It's not the actual hardest trophy, but I got the platinum in Madden 15 that required you to beat I believe it was 4 other people in Ultimate Team in a row to make it to the "Super Bowl". However, as some of you may know, Madden Ultimate Team is the definition of pay to win and I didn't want to spend any money. What this meant was that I got to bring my crappy free, 80-ish overall team against players who basically had 95+ overall teams with the best cards in the entire game. Beating 1 was often a struggle, so it felt really good to beat 4 in a row without losing.

But the actual answers are DMC V, Crypt of the Necrodancer, GT Sport, and Street Fighter V

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Rayman Legends isn't particularly hard, but require you to get a predetermined amount of points in the daily challenge levels, which if you only get gold trophies in them, should still take like 3 months.

Fuck that trophy. Ubi servers crapped out when I passed the threshold and it didn't pop.

I had to delete my save file and almost 100% the game again to get it to pop(creating a backup just before I reached it just in case).

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
My toughest we're from ones with online component :
Killzone 2 with its trophy for ranking in the top 1% of all players on the weekly leaderboard (last mission on hardest difficulty was no cakewalk either), and
Resistance 2 required a timesink with a trophy for getting 10,000 kills in RANKED competitive matches - took months.

They're just kill leaderboards in killzone though. If you just play that as your main game for a week, you'll usually get it.

When I was playing Apex I was top 0.01% for stats like killcount. It's not exactly hard so much as time consuming. Even if you're a bad player you can get into those numbers, again just by spending a lot of your time in multiplayer matches.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Got some tough ones like Vanquish, Wipeout HD, Metal Gear Rising, Catherine, Shadow of the Colossus, Killzone 2, AVP, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

But the one that's always stood out is Motorstorm Pacific Rift.
Not only do you have to Gold the entire single player which is decently tough with the insane rubber banding, you have to complete 128 time trials (every vehicle on every track). And to top it off, you have to reach max rank online - this is the hard bit, because in Pacific Rift, you lose XP and levels if you perform badly. So you have to make it through bronze, silver and gold ranks 1-5 (basically 15 levels), where once you reach the later levels, a win will only net you about +3%, and a placement in the lower half greater than -5% depending on how low. I boosted it just before the server closure and it's easily the most fucked requirement I've done, I can't even imagine what it was like to do legit, where one fuck up can cost you multiple wins.

Oct 25, 2017
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance is way harder than Sekiros, getting all golds in VR missions and beating all bosses without taking a single hit is fuckin BRUTAL

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
DMC V isn't that hard, you just need to know what Jump cancelling is which has a very very generous hitbox in that Game. The Ranking System is also pretty relaxed sans 3 Missions.

The only thing that can be a pain is the Vergil Fight on Hah difficulty.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance is way harder than Sekiros, getting all golds in VR missions and beating all bosses without taking a single hit is fuckin BRUTAL

One of the biggest senses of accomplishment in video games for me was beating Armstrong in the Jetsream DLC with no damage. That fight was insane.
That said, I never did get the platinum for MGR. The VR missions amongst other things almost made me throw the controller, lol

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
Street Fighter V requires players to get into gold league in ranked matches, which only a very small number of players will be skilled enough to accomplish. Outside of this the trophy list is pretty tame, but there's a reason the platinum is at 0.1%.

Ultra Street Fighter IV is probably more difficult as you need to rank up every (SSFIV) character to C rank online (around 20 Ranked wins across 35 characters), earn 10 wins in a row in Ranked online matches as well as complete every character's combo trials which are pretty tricky, especially if you're not already familiar with the genre.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
The only hard thing about Sekiro's Platinum is staying awake while having to grind for a dozen hours to get enough XP to buy all he skills.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
Hollow Knight is the only platinum I have that I feel was somewhat difficult to get. I have all the Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro platinums also, but those require time more than skill.

I wish more devs would make achievements that actually feel like achievements. I'm nearing 100% on Hades and when I finally looked up the trophy list to find what I'm missing I was disappointed to see that there aren't any challenging ones. I was kind of expecting an "escape with max heat gauge" achievement or something.

The only hard thing about Sekiro's Platinum is staying awake while having to grind for a dozen hours to get enough XP to buy all he skills.

You only have to grind if you save scummed the endings. I just played the same save file up to NG+3 for all the endings and I got the all skills achievement at the beginning of NG+3. I had like 15 extra points by the time I got the 4th ending.

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
No idea what the hardest is but Spider-Man was probably me of the easiest I've earned myself. I appreciated it though. It was just challenging enough to play more of the game without wearing out its welcome.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I was initially motivated to get the platinum trophy in RDR2 because I was in love with the game. But I eventually saw how much of a ridiculous time investment was required and I realize life is just too short for that.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
ESO has to be one of the hardest Platinums. Hundreds of hours, if not 1000+, and you have to no-life the PvP so you can get the highest score and become emperor.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Street Fighter V's plat got easier over time. Survival Mode was changed and is now a lot easier. I have the trophy for the hardest mode and I'm not that good. The trophy remains incredibly rare because most players aren't playing the game anymore.

The fight money trophy also got easier as more characters were released.

The sticking point remains Gold League. I doubt I'll ever put in the time to get good enough.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Hot Shot Racing, but only because it's currently glitched and no one on the latest public version can acquire it.

took me years to get the Overwatch Platinum. Destiny 1 platinum was super difficult until people could solo Crota's End. Star Wars Battlefront was a pain to get but not really super difficult. Tetris Effect seems incredibly difficult unless you're a Tetris Grandmaster.

One day i'll get the Resistance 2 Platinum. just need 3 more trophies for it. (environmental explosion kills, beat game on hard, and beat game on super human) i grinded out the online kills before the servers went down. campaign is just hard on hard and then there's super human but i can use an exploit to get it if i reset to offline patchless version.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I remember one day realising I was pretty close to getting all Achievements in SFV, just from playing the game naturally and putting hours into it. So from that standpoint, it didn't feel difficult.

YLAetPQ.jpg

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
F13 the game - I've been playing since release 3 years+ ago and still cannot even get the "500 games with Jason" trophy to pop, which is only the halfway mark because there's also a "1,000 games as Jason" trophy. Maybe not quite "difficult" but it sure is a slog. Playing as Jason in that game is randomized, even with your marked preference to play as Jason, so at best, in a given 2 hour block of time, I can squeeze 3-4 games in as Jason.

oh yeah I played that a lot with my friend group a few years ago, and would try to passively work on trophies as we played (so I'd try to prioritize boats or fixing the lights, stuff like that).

the play a certain amount of matches as jason or counselors just seemed like silly nonsense. I've done most of the other ones, but when they get up to like 500 it's just sort of ridiculous

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ultra Street Fighter IV is probably more difficult as you need to rank up every (SSFIV) character to C rank online (around 20 Ranked wins across 35 characters), earn 10 wins in a row in Ranked online matches as well as complete every character's combo trials which are pretty tricky, especially if you're not already familiar with the genre.
Yup. Compared to IV, V's actually got a more relaxed trophy list. I never did commit enough time into doing the C to Shining C trophy in SFIV... (and not like I'd ever manage those darn challenges either way!)

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Project Diva X was both hard because you have to clear the hardest song on the hardest difficulty and time consuming because you had to grind like crazy to get everything. Which is weird because Project Diva F and F 2nd were fairly easy Platinums.

Rick & Morty: Virtual Rickality is hard because one of the mini games is basically broken and you have to kill a hundred dudes before you die and another mini game where you're charging a battery is crazy hard. It's the rarest plat I have.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I have 64, my most difficult are probably

-Sekiro

Self explanatory

-Final Fantasy XII

Clearing 100 trials battles back to back, finished with a boss battle against 5 different bosses at once that heal each other. They have to be beaten in a certain order, and only certain status effects work, you need to be able to withstand the initial barrage until you can widdle them down. It's my favorite fight of the entire series

-Destiny

Requires 5 other dedicated Destiny players who care about the platinum

-Mass Effect 2

You have to beat the game on the hardest difficulty, it's one of those where it's a good idea to save after every fight because every encounter is a challenge.

-Arkham Asylum

You have to master the combat system and do entire 5+ minute fights without making a single error.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Street Fighter V requires players to get into gold league in ranked matches, which only a very small number of players will be skilled enough to accomplish. Outside of this the trophy list is pretty tame, but there's a reason the platinum is at 0.1%.
This, plus after the nerf, it's realllllly hard to get 1million fight money.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
Yup. Compared to IV, V's actually got a more relaxed trophy list. I never did commit enough time into doing the C to Shining C trophy in SFIV... (and not like I'd ever manage those darn challenges either way!)

I actually ended up getting all characters to B rank on 360 (about 100 wins each iirc) because I enjoyed C to Shining C so much. I really wish they'd update the game with better netcode and cross-platform multiplayer cos it's still a lot of fun.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gran Turismo 5 is insane. Easily 500 hours or more based on both modes.
It's time consuming, but the only challenging trophies were gold on licenses and a couple time trials, the hardest of which had a super glitch to make it easy. I have GT5 plat.

The hardest would probably be Lost Planet 2

One of the requirements involved placing 1st on the scoreboard for one of the trials, it used an online scoreboard meaning that for every player who earned it, the requirements got tougher for the next, everytime a new strategy was used it would quickly be used by others and it would no longer be a good enough strategy, plus there would be players who already had it just trying to beat the records anyway.

Those it didn't get it very early after release soon found a near impossible task.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can boost the C ranks with a friend, they take time but are no challenge as a result. You can backup save after every ranked win and restore if you lose, so again no challenge there.

The trials are very hard, but have an exploit that you can pause and do a direction, unpause and repause, do next direction etc for all motions and button presses, eleminating most of the harsh timing.

Nathaniel_Wu

Apr 6, 2018
For me, it's definitely the platinum of Bound: Shattered Kingdom. The achieve ratio is only 0.64%. And it was really challenging, not just because only a limited number of players played the game.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
ninja gaiden sigma 2 was pretty hard because of the team missions. it's rated 9.27/10 by users on playstationtrophies.org

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, this reminds me that Final Fantasy IX's platinum is BULLSHIT.

Not only do they have absurd grinding trophies (10,000 battles, about 10x more than you'd need to get your characters to max level), but also the stupid jump rope mini game that was designed with wired controllers and CRT TVs in mind!

The VII platinum is very reasonable, i don't know why they did this.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ninja gaiden sigma 2 was pretty hard because of the team missions. it's rated 9.27/10 by users on playstationtrophies.org
Yes and no, a not great player can play as Rachel and just twirl infinitely which is invincible, then a actually good player can do all the killing.

The SP still has great challenge though.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest Heroes 2 and Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate instantly came to mind, though they're less challenging and more time-consuming bc of pure RNG

I guess the Platinum for Indivisible's Trials DLC is pretty nuts. You need to be good at both platforming and fighting games just to get through it *normally*, I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to actually go for the fastest times for everything

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
It's immensely harder now but in Hyper Scape there's a trophy (The Pacifist) for getting a solo win without killing anyone.

HouseDragon

Dec 4, 2017
Just something I thought about after playing Crash Bandicoot 4, the platinum relics are no joke. Devil May Cry 5 is pure insanity and I'm never touching that. I've done Sekiro but it's not that hard once you know the bosses, just need to grind through all the endings and items. Pure time investment.

Share your thoughts below!

bowoJkP.png

Quick glance at Powerpyx and their trophy guides.

Devil May Cry 5

Crash Bandicoot 4

Sekiro

DMC5 is considered one of the hardest? Wow, that makes me feel better about my plat as I didn't think it was THAT hard! Some that were harder and took a lot out of me was Killzone 2's with its Elite difficulty run (50+ deaths on the final boss, easily), Vanquish with its trials (the last one was just TOO MUCH), and Revengeance by S'ing some of its fights (some that I just had to cheese). I think that DMC5 was smoother than those because there was a lot of freedom in how to tackle fights and its combat is just SO GODLY that spending more time just dominating every fight was super fun to me. What's more, Bloody Palace wasn't even included in the plat, making it more doable (which was something I found out later, still love those taunts I got out of them)

LatteToGo

Oct 28, 2017
Yes and no, a not great player can play as Rachel and just twirl infinitely which is invincible, then a actually good player can do all the killing.

The SP still has great challenge though.

This. And if you have a bad internet connection you're totally fucked. No one mentioning Dead Or Alive 5 (vanila) on PS3 yet, the Survival Master trophy? Cause that one is my unicorn trophy, the one I dream of getting but never could.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Out of the platinums I have watch dogs was by far the hardest and took the longest.

The list is really easy other than the stupid drinking mini game one

I banged my head against it for almost months before doing it. Then a few days after they patched it to make it easier....

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
A recent one would be Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2

- The Hard Get there challenges are extremely difficult and require a VERY intimate knowledge of the game systems and being comfortable with pulling off extremely long lines without bailing.

- Profile level 100 takes FOREVER like... FOREVER. Even if you do every challenge in the game that is only enough xp to get you to around level 80. Your only option at that point for xp is doing single sessions which if you get max XP is like.... 175 xp per run and the levels requirements near the end start hitting over 20k per level. So that's like 100+ runs to level up ONCE.

hollerphonix

Oct 27, 2017
Really? Think i got the saints row 4 plat in like 25 hours
Yeah id argue sr4 is really easy it prolly wouldnt have taken nearly as long without the 30 or playtime trophy or however long it is. That said ive been stuck on sekiro for awhile largely due to not being able to get used to the systems for whatever reason. Alternatively nioh was both fun and challenging.