• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which platform did you spend the most time playing games on in 2020?

• PC

Votes: 332 34.7%
  • PS4

Votes: 318 33.2%
  • XB1

Votes: 104 10.9%
  • Switch

Votes: 168 17.5%
  • Mobile

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • PS5

Votes: 9 0.9%
  • XSS / XSX

Votes: 22 2.3%

• Total voters

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
In terms of new games ps4 ( last of us 2, ff7 make )

But I played my switch more cause I play smash online a LOT like almost every day

Switch is a smash machine

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Switch - 1804 hours
PS4 - 78 hours (just the exclusives, The Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushima, Dreams, FF7 remake)
Xbox One - No more than 15 hours

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
purely time? most likely PC if I add up my PC games.

I played a lot more stuff on Switch, but for example, FF14 on PC was 600+ hours. Monster Train on PC was 150+ hours, Shadowlands is going on...I mean I don't even know, its all I've played the last 2 months.

so just purely time played its probably PC.

s2398jgi2jf

Feb 5, 2020
Had to select PC because PCVR was not an option.

I'm sure I don't game anywhere near as often as people here but when I do game, I basically keep it exclusive to VR.

Playing VTOL:VR right now which is amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely PS4, but if we count hours per day it's the PS5. I've been playing it a few hours every day since it's been out.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
PC > Switch (very close, might be the other way around) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3DS

Didn't touch a single other console.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I spent about 300 hours on Persona 5 Royal alone so PS4 destroyed everything else this year.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Xbox One X > PC > PS4 Pro > XSX > PS5

My One X was my go-to console for multiplats, so I spent the majority of my time on it. Mostly used my PS4 for exclusives after about 2016.

Played some next-gen multiplats on my XSX. Only really played Miles Morales and a bit of Astro Bot on my PS5 so far.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I got an Xbox One X before the release of the XSX and played that the most this year thanks to the big upgrade in a lot of the Multi-plat titles I had waiting there. Plenty of PS4 as well though. Switch was definitely my least played though as I wasn't doing much traveling last year.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Switch>PS5>PS4

barely played my PS4 all year but have enjoyed ps5 quite a bit!

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
PS5. This whole year I haven't played many games at all. I've just been caught up in the next-gen hype and discussion, so getting the PS5 has got me back into playing, and I've been having a blast.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
tvFxujd.gif

I spent maybe 20 hours on console (TLoU Part II) in 2020.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Mostly my Xbox One (X) this last year.

It's weird how the older I get, the more I appreciate PC gaming... yet the less I actually play on my PC. The last game I actually finished on PC was Doom 4 (2016). I generally don't finish games on PC these days. I'll just play them a while, but only like parts I like. I wonder why that is.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Xbox One X. The Switch has been great for short bursts of gaming, but I've been catching up on last gen's biggest and best-looking games on the XB1X. Forza Horizon 4, AC Odyssey, and MH World Iceborne in particular have been huge time sinks.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Switch > PS4 Pro > PC > Xbox One X > PS5 > Xbox Series X

... estimated, anyway. I haven't totaled playtimes at all, just vaguely recalling which and how many games I played on each.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Of the platforms still getting active use, its the PC by far (as usual). I wanna say 75% of my total playtime was on there?

Switch and PS4 Pro are pretty neck and neck here, as NSW had Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Animal Crossing while PS4 had TLOU2, Genshin Impact, Ghost of Tsushima and 13 Sentinels.

The Series X brings up the rear, although I've been playing the shit out of it (only owned it for a couple weeks). I can easily see it taking second place in my personal 2021 usage rankings, great system.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Got a PS4 Pro right before The Last Of Us: Part II came out. Got a PSVR at the same time and bought a bunch of games for that. And now I'm playing Cyberpunk 2077. I'd guess several hundred hours spent playing all those games.

On PC I played Resident Evil 3 remake and that's about it.

And on Switch (which I got last Christmas) I mostly just played Mario Odyssey.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PC but PS4 is unusually close because of Persona 5 Royal and Last of Us II.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Switch, then 3DS... I think TLoU2 was the only game i played on PS4 this year

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
PS4 by far.
XB1 and Switch were close, as done a couple of Game Pass months, playing games I was on the fence about. Probably go with Switch as it's easier to track 75 hours in BoTW, 60 in Pokemon Sword, 40 in Animal Crossing and 30 hours in Hades. Whereas I played probably 10 or so games on Xbox, but dropped some and none of them were super long, like Doom Eternal was probably the longest.

Played a little on PC, but lockdown cut me off from it due to it being in a different house and was needed there more, I really want to play Alyx too, but will have to wait.

No new gen systems.

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Probably Switch due to my massive Animal Crossing and Ring Fit times, but it feels like I played more PS4 even though I doubt that's true.

Holyskitgt

Jun 18, 2020
Now I only play PC, I used to play in switch but when I finished zelda breath of the wild I started to stop playing

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I never would have guessed this a year ago, but probably my Switch due single handedly to Animal Crossing. It's a toss up between that and my PS4, I guess.

I probably put twice as many hours into Animal Crossing in 2020 than I did into my Switch as a whole since having it from Summer 2017.

Abdiel

Oct 28, 2017
I played several thousand hours on my ps4 this year. I don't have a PC to play on, and my switch hasn'tbeen turned on since fire emblem last year.

Since I got my ps5 delivered, I've shifted all my active gaming of ps4 stuff to that system while I wait for the newer titles I'm most excited to release, but I also have like 5 regular ps4 jrpgs ordered for next year, so I'm good regardless.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this was s pretty poor year for me in terms of playtime. But, the 'new gen' feel has kicked it up a notch and I've played more in the last month and a half than I have all year.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure about time, because I play Warzone on my PS4, but the platform I played the most games was my Xbox One for sure

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
January - October: PC>PS4>XBO
November - December: XSX>PS5>PC

Shiny new thing syndrome? Or a long-term shift in my gaming habits? We'll see.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Probably PC, as I put in a lot of time into Divinity Original Sin 2, SWTOR, and FFXIV. Also played some shorter games as well.
I think Switch isn't too far behind. I played through all of DQ11S and about half of Fire Emblem Three Houses (played the rest of it in 2019) along with some shorter games.
PS4 would be third for me. Don't think I played much more than FFVII Remake and Last of Us Part 2, though those were decently long games as well in their own right.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
At first I was like PC for sure but then on PS4 I played Persona 5 Royal (about 50 hours in), FFVII Remake (beat), TLOU2 (beat), Ghost of Tsushima (dropped) while on PC I only really played Zero no Kiseki (beat) and currently a lot of Genshin Impact so I'm not actually sure. Have a PS5 but barely touched it outside of Astrobot.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
PS4.

I went from PS2, to Ps3 from 08 to 10, then heavy PC till about 2014/5 ( heh, when I met my now wife I pretty much stopped gaming for a bit) and now only PS4, mainly for the convenience.