• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What platform did you spend the most time playing games on in 2019?

• PC

Votes: 398 29.4%
  • PS4

Votes: 441 32.5%
  • Switch

Votes: 339 25.0%
  • XB1

Votes: 153 11.3%
  • Mobile

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 0.7%

• Total voters

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
PS4.

I put lots of hours into PC because of GamePass, but Dreams alone kept me glued to the PS4 for hours upon hours this year.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
A bit of a surprise, actually:
  1. PS4 (~500 hours)
  2. PC (~330 hours)
  3. Switch (~160 hours)
  4. Android (~76 hours)
Normally PC would be in my top spot, but this is the second year in recent memory in which the PS4 has beaten it. In this case, it's probably due to Death Stranding plus all the Atelier games (I'm still a little burnt by Firis's subpar performance on PC and have played every new Atelier game on PS4 since), plus Judgment and Days Gone. So actually, a lot of PS4 exclusives in the mix. On PC the single biggest contributor was The Division 2, but then playtime quickly falls off a cliff; Anthem is #2 at ~20 hours played and Control is #3 at 16 hours. Switch is almost entirely due to Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Pokemon Shield. Android, meanwhile, is one game: Pixel Puzzle Challenge, a Picross-like.

p3n

Oct 28, 2017
1. PC 80% (MHW, Destiny 2, PoE, Sekiro, some FFXIV)
2. Switch 10% (Smash, MHGU, some Pokemon)
3. PS4 10% (MHW:IB and VR games)

The One™ S has not been fed any electricity in almost 2 years. It is probably dead :(

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting that Switch is close to PS4 given it has less than half the install base.
Not really, because of the popularity of the consoles. Switch is still the recent hotness, better 3rd party support this time. And the PS4 and XBO are about to launch next gen consoles this year. PS4 is still doing amazing in context IMO.
The poll results look exactly like you would expect them to.
Not so surprising if you've spent much time on this forum since 2017

Yup.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't play a single game on the consoles in 2019. Everything was on PC. This year will be different, and at least a third of the time will likely be on the Pro.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna be between PS4 and Switch for me with Vita a good third place (Visual Novels). The rest would be PC (negligible) and retro systems. While I play those regularly, I don't spend vast amounts of time on them, it's really just a quick game here and there.

Oct 26, 2017
1. Switch
2. PS4
3. XB1

The XB1 got used for co-op on Cuphead and for GamePass with Life is Strange 2, which I'm still making my way through. The PS4 was and is being used for God of War and Resident Evil 2 Remake. The Switch for a decent amount of exclusives and indie games, some of which I haven't gotten around to finishing yet

Not really, because of the popularity of the consoles. Switch is still the recent hotness, better 3rd party support this time. And the PS4 and XBO are about to launch next gen consoles this year. PS4 is still doing amazing in context IMO.
Considering that the PS4 and XB1 boast way better 3rd party support and that the site has a huge PS fanbase, I'd say its definitely impressive. Software is still selling very well on the PS4 and XB1

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I think it might be Switch, but it's a toss up between PS4 and Switch. I've put in over 150 hours into Fire Emblem Three Houses and over 350 hours in Pokemon Sword... But I also played a shit ton of Apex Legends last year...

Nov 18, 2017
1.) Switch
2.) Xbox One
3.) PS4/VR
4.) PC (basically not in use for the last 2 years)

Didnt think id ever put an xbox one over the playstation 4 if 2013 was anything to go by but the One X & Gamepass are a hell of a combo.

Deleted member 59848

Alt Account
Banned
Sep 8, 2019
I think it might be Switch, but it's a toss up between PS4 and Switch. I've put in over 150 hours into Fire Emblem Three Houses and over 350 hours in Pokemon Sword... But I also played a shit ton of Apex Legends last year...
Assuming you bought it at launch, you had ~46 days to play Sword in 2019. Are you saying you spent over 7.5 hrs per day every single day after launch until new year?! Even if you got an early review copy, damn...

lightning16

May 17, 2019
PC was probably the leader for me. Probably played a few more new games on PC than I did the Switch this year, but any time I spent on Dota 2 skews things even more in PC's favor. Switch would be second place, especially with some big time sink games like Crash Team Racing, Fire Emblem, and Dragon Quest this year. PS4 would be a very distant third.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Assuming you bought it at launch, you had ~46 days to play Sword in 2019. Are you saying you spent over 7.5 hrs per day every single day after launch until new year?! Even if you got an early review copy, damn...
Well, maybe a little less than 350 in 2019. My current counter is at 382. I've played a lot of fucking Pokemon....
It's pretty much the only game I've played these past 2 months.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
My backlog.

Tales of Symphonia Collection, Tales of Xillia 2, Drakengard 3, Yakuza 5, Cold Steel 1 and 2, Resonance of Fate, Suikoden 3, Digital Devil Saga 2, Front Mission 3, Arc the Lad 2 and Suikoden 2.

You up in here preaching

Plus it's my PS1 machine since all PS3s are backwards compatible with it

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Switch, ever since 2017.

In 2019 I beat the following games:

1.Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to 100%
2. Torna to 100%
3. Dark Souls for the first time
4. Hollow Knight for the first time
5. Trials of Mana
6. Final Fantasy IX

7. Tales of Vesperia
8. Astral Chain
9. Pokemon Sword
10. Wolfenstein II
11. Oninaki
12. Cadence of Hyrule

And 9 other games I can't remember off the top of my head. I know Yoshi's Crafted World was one of them.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly? Mobile because I rarely have time to sit down and play a more involved game these days.

They aren't the best games by a long shot, but the way I can pull out my phone and get a bit of (even horribly flawed) gaming in is invaluable.

Jan 7, 2018
Mobile, just because of Ragnarok: Eternal Love. I stopped playing it in July, though, and since then the Switch has been the clear number one, mostly due to Fire Emblem. Also played plenty of games on the 3DS and the PS4.

So yeah, it probably went Mobile > Switch > PS4 > 3DS

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
PS4 by a mile. PC second. Only played FE3H on my switch (felt like a 2004 game graphically).

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Two months ago it would be PC, but now I'm playing Skyrim on PS4 lol

1. PS4
2. PC
3. Switch
4. 3DS/Xbox One S

Otto

Oct 28, 2017
Xbox One (X) thanks to GamePass, due mostrly to discoverability of new games and playing different styles I'd not directly pay full price for.
Second is PS4's exclusives.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox got 90% of my playtime last year. The rest was on Switch. Didn't touch my PS4, though I've been playing a lot of Spiderman this month.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Apex legends gotta be topping my pc playtime but I'm happy to say switch takes the cake. Followed by xbox.

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
Almost a tie between Switch and XB1. I voted Xbox in the poll because that is where I generally play multiplats.

Third place would be 3DS followed by Vita, then mobile. Have not turned on my PS4 since Spider-Man came out.

BlueGeezer

Oct 28, 2017
Mobile had to be tops. I have a long journey into work and multiple changes make the switch inconvenient. So that's around 2 hours a day 5 days a week. So yeah 520 hours a year. Damn. After that def PC followed by PS4 with Switch coming in last but had a late surge in the end of the year.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
PC, followed by Switch. Then probably 3DS. Unless you count PS4 as playing animes, Blu-Rays, Spotify and streaming in Netflix and Amazon Video.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
1: Switch (Fire Emblem TH, Dragon Quest XI, Bloodstained, Aggelos, Tales of Vesperia and finally getting to playing Breath of the Wild).
2: Mobile (mostly Fire Emblem Heroes, those ten-minute daily sessions add up).
3: 3DS (Etrian Odyssey Nexus in January was a cool send-off to the system for me).