• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What platform did you spend the most time playing games on in 2019?

• PC

Votes: 398 29.4%
  • PS4

Votes: 441 32.5%
  • Switch

Votes: 339 25.0%
  • XB1

Votes: 153 11.3%
  • Mobile

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 0.7%

• Total voters

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
PS4.

Death Stranding, Kingdom Hearts 3, Days Gone, Bloodstained, etc. All adds up. switch would be after because of Fire Emblem mainly but also Link's Awakening and some others.

This year? PS4 except also PS5.

PS4 is going to get 100s upon 100s of hours thanks TloU, GoT, FFVII, P5R, RE3, Nioh 2, Cyberpunk, Yakuza, Elden Ring, Tales of Arise, etc., PS4 is absolutely stacked, I would say easily the best sendoff for any system i've ever seen for a final year system before it's time for PS5 later this year.

Last edited:

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a tie between my PS4 (Spider-Man, Days Gone and TLOU Factions have been keeping me hooked for days) and my Vita during the daily commute. PC every now and then, wanting to finish the first Witcher game after watching the show. Also the PS3 since I got some exclusive games for cheap that I never played before.

Vitor

Oct 30, 2017
Fire Emblem took most of my time last year.

Animal Crossing will probably destroy every other game in terms of hours played for me this year.

Buenoblue

Banned
May 5, 2018
PC. I need Dem graphics. In fact I sold my PS4 pro, Xbox one x and switch this year as they just sat there gathering dust. Got over ÂŁ800 which I've stashed away to buy ps5 with.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Off the top of my head, probably:
1. PS4
2. PS3
3. PC
4. Vita

I spent a lot of time trying to tackle my backlog last year, to middling success.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Xbox One X followed closely by PC. All because of Game Pass. My PS4 is only for exclusives and sometimes if there's a good deal or a coop game i can play with my friends. But this year has been mostly Game Pass games and some CSGO.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Switch and then PC. Switch had the best games by far last year. Anyone who says otherwise either doesn't own a switch or is kidding themselves. If it wasn't for Capcom I don't know if my PC time would have been that much either.

occ86

Oct 30, 2017
I voted for PS4 but thinking about it now it might be mobile after all.
I've been playing Epic Seven daily for half a year or so.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
PC, as always. Hundreds of hours, probably 400+ or something.

PS4 is probably the second at something like 70 to 100 hours, since I played and finished Judgment and KH3 on it. e: oh and maybe ten hours of Cold Steel 3, which I dropped because I decided to wait for the PC version lol.

Switch being the third, with 25-ish hours spent with Fire Emblem before I dropped it out of boredom, and maybe 15 hours with Astral Chain.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The poll results look exactly like you would expect them to

It's interesting that Switch is close to PS4 given it has less than half the install base.
Well, there's a lot of people like me who own a PS4 and a Switch but play Switch more these days because of the convenience and appeal of the hardware (or, in the case of 2019, the software exclusives). And the average Era user is more likely to have multiple consoles than the average PS4 owner.

Deleted member 59848

Alt Account
Banned
Sep 8, 2019
Well, there's a lot of people like me who own a PS4 and a Switch but play Switch more these days because of the convenience and appeal of the hardware (or, in the case of 2019, the software exclusives). And the average Era user is more likely to have multiple consoles than the average PS4 owner.
Sounds a good enough explanation to me!

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
1. PC
2. Xbox
3. Switch
4. PS4

PC ended up winning last year, only really played Yakuza games (Kiwami and Kiwami 2) on the PS4 and no big exclusives for me (didn't get death stranding) made the PS4 my least played platform.

Xbox and switch I would say where about the same in playtime but PC ahead by quite a bit thanks to PC game pass and playing a lot of Destiny 2.

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
1. PC (Civ 6: 200+, Satisfactory: 400+, Control, Space Hulk, Outer Worlds, Outer Wilds, Hitman 2 Gears 5, Void Bastards, Dark Souls, Bad North, visual novels: 50+)
2. Xbox One (Shenmue 1/2, Celeste, Overcooked 2, Lonely Mountains, Forza Horizon 4, RE)
3. Switch (Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion, Baba is You, Smash Bros, Donut County, Goose!)
4. 3DS (Pokémon)
5. Wii U (Paper Mario)
6. PS4 (testing out PS Now)

PlzUninstall

Oct 30, 2017
PC. Played all the FFXIV content to get up to the Stormblood stuff that everyone was raving about. That's a lot of hours!

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
1. PS4
2. PC
3. Switch
FFXIV on PC brought it up quite a bit.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Probably PC but the large majority of that time was emulation (not sure if that still counts).

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
PC easily. I probably played more PC games in 2019 alone than PS3 games the entire time I actually played games on that thing. To be fair that wasn't that long and didn't have many games either, but the point still stands. It's such a great time to be playing PC games it's actually scary.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
1. Switch
2. iPhone

Didn't touch my PC (for gaming) this year. I really need to get a GPDWin2 or something, I basically only play handheld now.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
PC being number 1 surprises me a lot. I didn't know Era was so PC-oriented.
Maybe that"s because I don't know anyone around me that plays on PC...or only super casual players.
Switch for me. Portable is the way to go for me and 2019 was insane in terms of releases.

Edit : PC is now number 2 lol Still, I was expecting it to be rather marginal

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I thought about putting mobile but eh, I dunno if I really play it that much everyday. So it's probably PC followed very closely by the Switch. Xbox One in second due to Gamepass and PS4 in 3rd(I think the only PS4 game I played last year at all was Spider-Man).

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
PS4
Switch
Xbox
In that order.

If these last few years has taught me anything, it's that I should own 2 platforms at maximum. One inevitably gets neglected and now streaming is a thing it's a waste of money.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
For me it was PS4, mobile, PC, XBO.

PS4 is just my main platform, so that's going to get most of my time.

Mobile comes next for the quick time killers.

PC....I just got a new one early in 2019, and I wanted to test it out. I don't really game on PC, but I did put in some time playing State of Decay 2.

XBO....other than trying to get State of Decay 2 working on PC, (Play Anywhere), I don't think I played my XBO anymore last year.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Switch by far. The only non-Switch game I played this year was DQVIII on the 3DS.

1. Switch (~450-500 hours)
  2. 3DS (55 hours)