• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which platform are you buying Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night for?

• PS4

Votes: 362 29.4%
  • XB1

Votes: 72 5.9%
  • PC

Votes: 262 21.3%
  • Switch

Votes: 443 36.0%
  • Not interested in the game

Votes: 91 7.4%

• Total voters

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
I already own the PC version, I bought it it as soon as the preorder page went up.

If the performance of the Switch version isnt too compromised technically (I'm fine with 30FPS as long as it's generally stable) I'll get a Switch copy too just to have a physical version as well.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I was originally getting it for the Switch until hearing about it being half the framerate. So I am getting it for PS4.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
Switch. Even before selling my PS4 recently, I'd always planned on buying Bloodstained on the Switch since I pretty much only play these kinds of games on handheld platforms (the only exception was the XBLA version of SotN). 30 fps doesn't really matter to me that much either, as long as it's a solid 30. Samus Returns was 30 on New 3DS and I didn't really have a problem with it at all.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
PC in GOG and later might double dip in Switch. Although that depends if the game turns out to be good.

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
When I backed it was with the intention of playing on PS4, but I've opted for Switch.

Dead Cells inconsistent frame rate didn't bother me too much and I doubt it will here (if present).

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Pc if it gets along with proton. Switch if I get a real controller for the thing. I've about had it with the joycons. They're fine for a lot of stuff, but they spoil all these great 2D games.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't this game have online DRM?
We need a poll option for people who are interested but refuse to buy.
We have a GOG version so at worst they were insane and put it on Steam and consoles. Not unless there's some loophole to exploit.

PC, I want 60 FPS, though I would like to double dip on Switch eventually. Heh, in that case I could BACK on PC but BUY on Switch. I was going with PS4 initially but I got a better PC and wasn't locked in yet, not to mention my power/eject buttons are acting up and triggering on their own on PS4.

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
I am purchasing the game on the Xbox One X because of that sweet 4k 60fps and of course because it comes out a week before the switch version. I was originally going to go with the switch but the performance disappointed me and I don't want to wait an extra week to play the game.

That being said, I will buy the physical switch version as well as the digital Xbox just so that I can support Iga and his team the best that I can and because of the beautiful box art that I will proudly display.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Ended up all systems except PC.
Kickstarter: XB1 copy. Don't have the XB anymore, but can't change platforms at this point
Switch copy (mine)
PS4 copy (bf)

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I initially backed for PS4 but later I added on a Switch version for playing on the go. I think if you're only getting one, the PS4 is where its at. It will likely perform the best and I'm assuming the Switch version is a port and not the lead SKU since the dev team has been consistently working on PS4 since the beginning and it uses Unreal engine.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
3 platforms almost in a dead heat, nice.
I wonder if the Switch version launching last will affect sales a lot. Curse of the Moon sold way more on Switch than anything else

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
I was settled on the Switch version until PAXEastGate happened and it became clear that Bloodstained looks and runs quite badly (read: like ass) on the Switch, and the "damage control" they've done since by confirming it'll run at 30fps on the Switch alone has just further cemented my decision to go with the PS4 version instead.

Sadly, I was sure I had changed my backer copy to PS4 but I checked the other day and, nope, it's still Switch. My bad. So now I honestly don't know when/if I'll play it, because Bloodstained so far has not come off as the kind of game that's worth double-dipping for but I also have exactly zero desire to play an Igavania that runs at 30fps. Not that I'm one of those jerks who demands 60fps in every game under every circumstance, not even close, but 2D platformers are one of those rare genres that I think does really need 60fps to be enjoyable (at least for me).

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
I was initially in for the Vita version, but since that was canceled (understandable), i went with the PS4 version instead.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
haven't really thought about it. if there's no monkey business with ps4 performance i'll go with that (comfy couch metroidvania) but seems there's always a weird caveat with console multiplats where the game should theoretically run flawless but doesn't

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
If the game is cheap enough, I'll get it on both PC and Switch probably day one. Otherwise, I'll get one first (probably Switch), then the other later.

I didn't vote in the poll because I don't know what I'll end up buying it on just yet.

Edit: Oh it's coming out on Switch later? Then I'll very likely get it on PC first, since I want it day one. But I'll still probably get the Switch one as well.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Switch, after all, it's my main platform (and I don't play on PC);
--but I'm not super excited for this game anyway; Curse of the Moon was more up of my alley

Eternalgamer

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Switch. Even before selling my PS4 recently, I'd always planned on buying Bloodstained on the Switch since I pretty much only play these kinds of games on handheld platforms (the only exception was the XBLA version of SotN). 30 fps doesn't really matter to me that much either, as long as it's a solid 30. Samus Returns was 30 on New 3DS and I didn't really have a problem with it at all.
Same. How many platformers are actually 60fps anyway? None of the Iggyvania games were were they?

It was good enough then. Will get good enough now.