• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm... not crazy about hot banana peppers.

giphy-3.gif

This the kind of turn-on that makes you ashamed after.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Onions that aren't prepared first. Diced is fine, caramelized is best, but don't just throw some long stringy ass rings on my za and put it in the oven.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Barbecue sauce.

Believe it or not, it is actually possible to enjoy food without smothering it in sugar.

Deleted member 12833

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Black olives. Love green olives though.

Also not a fan of ham on pizza but it's not terrible

Pro tip: pineapple, pep, and onion a top tier pizza

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Anchovies have their place. Pizza marinara with anchovies is pretty good if you get it from a competent pizzeria.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Probably tomatoes, especially if you're just dropping wet, sopping slices from a large tomato on there. Way too much liquid and it changes the entire consistency of the pizza for the worse.

Putting them on top can mitigate that, but you'd be better off putting some chopped sundried tomatoes intead.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
The only answer is mushroom.

unless you start talking crazy shit like fish..

Deleted member 5334

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oddly Bacon for me, but I'm not sure why. I like literally everything about it, but for some reason if it's cooked with the Pizza, just ruins it for me and I'm completely baffled. Just doesn't taste good (to the point I gagged).

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Tomatoes
  1. They're overkill; you have an entire sauce made of tomatoes
  2. Shit texture; just a soft mess
  3. Flavourless garbage, unlike sundried, "The Best Tomato"
Love mushrooms to death, but the texture cocks the whole thing up too

If you try and feed me a pizza with tomatoes and mushrooms, I will politely excuse myself from the vicinity

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of this from the perspective of "if someone doesn't want that topping and tries to pick it off, it leaves its flavor on the pizza and therefore it's ruined", it's mushroom, onion, and any seafood. For my palate, it's mushroom and any seafood.

Pineapple is not only delicious on pizza, it doesn't leave a pineappley taste so if you have bad taste in pizza topping you can take it off and still enjoy the pizza.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Olives.

Really, who thought of putting sliced olives on Pizza would be good?

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
Worst for me is anchovies because I don't like them so I cannot eat pizza with them on but also:
Onions - I love onions but they're not great on pizza cuz they're so strong and the crunch doesn't feel like the right texture. Will still eat the pizza not worries.
Jalapenos - I love these too but they are overpowering on pizza so better withou (will still devour it either way).
Shellfish - Of any kind, hate it all, on or off pizza.

Pineapple would be my single favourite topping on a pizza though.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Probably would have said mushrooms in the past. I absolutely love the flavor, but growing up the texture would literally make me cringe. I've managed to mostly get over that in the past few years. So now I'll join the chorus saying pineapple.

At what cost?

Onions could disappear tomorrow and all food would instantly become better and you would agree.

You must not cook. Onions are in the vast majority of recipes on this planet. They're probably the most common aromatic in all cuisines, along with garlic. And there's a decent chance they're already in the tomato sauce that's on the pizza.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Most of the posts in this thread are just embarrassing fussy eater confessions. :) (Mushrooms? Onion? Ha.)

I'd say bell pepper doesn't generally add much except excess moisture.

It's really good when they use BBQ sauce instead of marinara.

BBQ chicken pizza is the real travesty, rather than the pineapple + ham pizza people love to hate on. Let's take a sickly-sweet sauce that's meant to contrast with spicy/smoky/salty meat and pair it with bland white chicken meat. Might as well squirt some Sweet Baby Ray's on your Lunchables.

Last edited:

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
I am a classic pepperoni pizza kind of guy. I like other toppings just fine if that's whats being given to me, but when I have a craving for the essence of pizza, it's dough, sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.

Oct 30, 2017
MAYO.

no-one can live in japan and not say mayo. it's on every other pizza here and it's so gross.

mushroom, pineapple, olives, onions, peppers, whatever — i am fine with any of that on average takeout pizza. but mayo? get the hell out.

there was also a phase here where squid ink was a popular pizza topping and base ingredient turning the entire crust black. that was not good either.

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
my go to pizza toppings are sausage and mushroom so ya'll are lame.

Pineapple shouldn't be a topping that's a go to. It spills over to the whole pizza and makes the cheese taste weird.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A certain amount of black olives are OK, but once there's too many I have no need for this bitter cheese pie.
Green olives of any amount is cursed.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Olives. The only topping where taking it off doesn't get rid of the taste. Onions are close though.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sardines, pineapple, buffalo sauce.

onion, peppers, and mushrooms are great on pizza. I'm allergic to olives so they're a no-go

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Onions is the fastest way to get me to not eat a pizza, especially since they're hard to see and peel off.

Outside of that, esoteric stuff like sardines. Then you have peppers and veggies.

I actually like pineapple.

In the realm of unexpectedly good toppings, Salami is great, if a bit greasy.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For me it's olives. I'm ok with like a very light application of olives, but yeah whenever someone orders olives it's like fucking covered in them and it takes over the whole damn pizza. It's way too salty and I don't want an olive flavored pizza. Like if I had the olives on the side I'd be down. I think part of it might be I like cold olives more than like cooked ones too.

Surprised at all the mushrooms in here. Must be the shitty canned ones. Like nice thinly sliced baby portobellos on a pizza is fucking delicious, especially with pepperoni.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had almonds once and they were too damn crunchy (duh) so I wasn't a big fan. I still like the pizza, though. Can't really think of anything I wouldn't eat. A pizza place near me has mustard sauce and even that was pretty good.

Pizza is nearly impossible to screw up.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Surprised at all the mushrooms in here. Must be the shitty canned ones. Like nice thinly sliced baby portobellos on a pizza is fucking delicious, especially with pepperoni.

yea i've had pizza with rubber mushrooms and it was garbo but then had pizza with mushroom that melts with it and is soft, it was beautiful

quality is key

Deleted member 41502

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
For me it's olives. I'm ok with like a very light application of olives, but yeah whenever someone orders olives it's like fucking covered in them and it takes over the whole damn pizza. It's way too salty and I don't want an olive flavored pizza. Like if I had the olives on the side I'd be down. I think part of it might be I like cold olives more than like cooked ones too.

I like salty olives. Hate the black ones. But too much of just about anything it kinda ruins it. Like I can deal with onions, but I've had places basically cut up an entire onion on top before. Pizza places charging per topping means they think that they need to dump a cup of every topping your order on top.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
apples or pears or any sweet fruit (tomatoes aren't fruit unless you're an asshole)