• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Well?

• I will go sailing no more

• Kitty!

• I promise I will never let anything happen to you... Nemo

• Ellie and Carl

• Take her to the moon for me

• Remember Me

• other (please elaborate)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
They have gotten better over the years, Remember Me is the best they have done. Everything they learned up to that point they put together in Coco. It has the most story impact, it is a godamn song being sang by a character, it could mean the end of one character's existence, it is about an elderly character remembering when she was a toddler, and has the entire family of the characters crying in front of them.

It's like they took all the most effective bits from their filmography and distilled them into one.
A lifetime of longing for her father, coupled with that heartbreaking bit earlier in the movie where a supposedly senile Mama cries out for her father in her sleep.

And this isn't the usual soppy romantic fare Disney movies go for, this is intensely relatable. Without being dark, we will all lose someone close to us within our lifetimes. I'd actually lost my Grandmother weeks before watching this film. It hit me where I lived, hard.

Ugly, ugly crying. Snot. Sobbing. Everywhere.

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
I voted Up first, but I almost forgot (no pun intended) about Remember Me. As a Spanish-speaker musician that ending destroyed me hard. I watched the movie in English and Spanish and it got me everytime.

Kevinsky

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I've been staring at this poll for 10 mins and can't choose between Remember Me and Sailing No Mo.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
They had it down on day one. You walk in seeing this nice funny kid's film with groundbreaking CG and a lot of hilarious dialogue then bam, a devastating existential crisis for one of its leads.

O6f7F3k.jpg

tumblr_lpsosuggtz1qd578a.png

gFVtr6H.jpg

Granted his breakdown in the next scene is absolutely hilarious and is played to be funny, but still.

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I were more emotional during scenes, because normally I can see what they are going for but just don't feel it, or feel it to the point of getting goosebumbs but no further than that. That said, Sadness helps Riley is the first time that I really, really felt it in any movie, not just Pixar, and I teared up in the theater. That moment hit hard; far harder than Bing-Bong. It still gets me to this day. Specifically the line, "You need me to be happy," because I personally have felt that.

GokouD

Oct 30, 2017
Up, but not the intro, the bit near the end when Carl looks through the photo album. Something about that bit just chokes me up.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I have seen the beginning sequence of Carl & Ellie's life together at least 20 times and every single time I cry like a damn baby. Every. Single. Time. Like it was the first time I am seeing it.

I also got married in November of 2007 so UP came out about a year and a half after getting married. Since I have fortunately always been happily married and I could never imagine myself to be otherwise (meaning I am madly in love with my wife and she is no doubt my best friend), the sequence for sure had more importance to me than if that was not the case.

As such, I believe it is pretty much the most finely crafted emotionally charged tug-on-your-heartstrings sequence in cinema period. Animated or otherwise.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I've only seen most of these movies just the once so I'm kinda confused about which one is which.

which one is the death of the imaginary character in Inside Out?

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
1. Either of Toy Story 3's scenes (are neither of them included?)
2. Ellie and Carl
3. Coco Remember Me
4. Ending of Inside Out
5. Toy Story 2 Jessie flashback

TheMilkman

Banned
Aug 30, 2019
My brother has this running thing where whenever one of those feely-feels moments in a Pixar joint comes up, he says "Awwwww, that's so fucking special" Gets a fucking laugh out of me every fucking time and I've found more and more that I can't take those moments seriously anymore; I just think about what my brother would say.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Toy Story 3's ending is a gut punch like few gut punches

I didn't even think that that movie should have been made, but damn, after that ending I couldn't have felt more wrong in my life.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Up is one of the best short films ever followed up by a very good full length film.

But it's toy story 3. Jesus the End of that film is just a culmination of the time past and messed me up in a way only Linklater films have done to me.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really surprised to see people say the incinerator scene in toy story 3. it had a fear factor and a bit of sadness to it, but it had nothing compared to the ending where Andy is letting go of his childhood and passing his toys on to Bomnie

Yup. Cried like a bitch. Probably why I haven't seen 4.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I can only speak for myself, but 4 didn't reach that same emotional level to me largely because there's no onscreen avatar (i.e Andy) to see the film through.

It's still a fantastic watch and well worth your time, but IMO it shouldn't make you cry.
I agree with this sentiment. I at most got a little misty eyed at the end, but no actual tears.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Ellie & Carl. I'm not a father so I can't speak to Nemo but the thought of losing my wife like Carl lost Ellie. JFC.