• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Well?

• I will go sailing no more

• Kitty!

• I promise I will never let anything happen to you... Nemo

• Ellie and Carl

• Take her to the moon for me

• Remember Me

• other (please elaborate)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I can agree with that. in fact, I think the whole scene from the eating of the Ratatouille to the review is just one long scene.
I think it's also one of the rare instances in Pixar film when the antagonists of the film, has completely changed as a result of that moment.

People want to say Skinner was the main antagonist, but I still beg to differ since Ego is technically the one who took out Remy's mentor, and "spiritual guide".

So to see him switch from bad, to good because of how good the food was, and making him re-consider everything he's known, was pretty great.

I sure love that movie, especially since I enjoy food type media, so that's an added bonus.

LegalEagleMike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Up doesnt even let you prepare for it. You go into a Pixar movie expecting an emotional ending moment, and then they just hit you with all of the feels right from the start.

Eulala

Aug 8, 2018
Toy Story 2 with that Jessie flashback.
Up's intro.
Toy Story 3 with the incinerator; Andy's goodbye.
Inside Out's Joy crying; Bing-Bong's goodbye.
Coco's memory song.
Toy Story 4's Gabby Gabby getting rejected.

So yeah... Pixar has emotionally abused me.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I think it's also one of the rare instances in Pixar film when the antagonists of the film, has completely changed as a result of that moment.

People want to say Skinner was the main antagonist, but I still beg to differ since Ego is technically the one who took out Remy's mentor, and "spiritual guide".

So to see him switch from bad, to good because of how good the food was, and making him re-consider everything he's known, was pretty great.

I sure love that movie, especially since I enjoy food type media, so that's an added bonus.
Truth. Skinner is just the mid-boss

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Up for sure, but Coco hit me in the feels so damn hard. Watched that for the first time a few months ago and I was not prepared for the emotions that movie made me feel. Toy Story 3's ending is also up there as well.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Movie wasnt very good but that Finding Dory ending was something else.

Context: As a baby, dorys parents used a trail of sea shells so dory could always find her way home. After she got lost her parents never stopped collecting shells...

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
Andy's Goodbye in TS3 for me, but I liked that you included 'I Will Go Sailing no More' in the poll. It's really quite a poignant scene - I think it's the moment Toy Story goes from a good movie to a great one, and solidified Pixar's reputation from the get-go.

Jun 10, 2018
I'm really surprised to see people say the incinerator scene in toy story 3. it had a fear factor and a bit of sadness to it, but it had nothing compared to the ending where Andy is letting go of his childhood and passing his toys on to Bomnie
Yep, this scene broke me, especially since the movie came out when I was still in college.

It was symbolically emotional on multiple levels to me who grew up on the films.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
It's either Up or Coco. Leaning towards Remember Me because at least Ellie and Carl had a long life together.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
It's the beginning of Up. It's perfectly crafted to tug on you're heart strings.

to me, "tug on your heartstrings" implies the use of cheap narrative devices to provoke emotions, and what is so remarkable about the beginning of Up is how real and raw it is for its genre. Like, the struggles of infertility... in the first 5 minutes of an animated film. amazing.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Voted Ellie and Carl, but Riley coming home in Inside Out has me tearing up.by just thinking about it

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Ok that poll is written terribly tbh... some of these are decades old... wouldn't hurt to give people a better clue about what the scenes were

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
In recent memory - Inside Out. Was surprisingly emotional for that one.
Toy Story 3 didn't invoke much in me which I thought according to the Internet is heart breaking

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
Coco and Toy Story 4 were the only two Pixar movies (maybe the only two movies ever?) to make me really cry. I was a mess in the theaters in Toy Story 4. I couldn't believe it. Not even the sad parts but the ending was so beautiful and that franchise meant so much too me growing up. Gay

I voted for Coco because I was told it had the feels many times before hand and it still fucked me up

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Up's beginning but Toy Story 3's fakeout ending and Inside Out are up there too

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
It's UP buuuuuut the ending of CoCo is so potent that even hearing in my head the slow quiet shakey starting tones "re-member... me. Though I have to say goodbye... remember me" has me choking up in this brunch place.

I'm Kevin Smithing over here

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really surprised to see people say the incinerator scene in toy story 3. it had a fear factor and a bit of sadness to it, but it had nothing compared to the ending where Andy is letting go of his childhood and passing his toys on to Bomnie
Yeah, it's weird because I didn't feel anything during the incinerator scene, as it was obvious they would get out of it.

But for that ending, I think I was just in the sweet spot in age for that to be incredibly emotional.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Ellie & Carl because I can watch that montage scene at any moment and end up crying. Every time.

Inside Out's "moment" absolutely caught me off guard, that was ridiculous. It's a strong second.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Bing Bong was so good because he was such a classic Disney character to make evil as a twist and then that moment happens and it just sucker punches you. :(

I still voted for Ellie and Carl though. The beginning and then the photo album scene are just too depressing and then bittersweet respectively and I don't think any movie I've seen has topped Up in terms of tears cried for me.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017

I just think of the ending as starting there and lasting till the film is over. Its brutal.

Remember me is as well.

Mucha

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Up is insane. The movie just barely started and bam! Emotions!!

Coco has a ridiculously well earned emotional moment with Remember Me. As a pay off it's undoubtedly the one with the most baggage. But Up does the tears in my eyes thing within a few minutes, that's amazing. So I voted for that one.

OP
OP

Deleted member 58832

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
It might not be the most feelingest, but I do think that the music playing during Nemo's title reveal has more emotion than decades worth of Hallmark Channel programming.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen Toy Story 3 about 4 times in the last 9 years since its release. Every single time, I am reduced to a giant puddle of tears. Like its honestly embarrassing, so I only watch the movie alone now. It's digs right into the audience own deep grained affection for Toy Story and beautifully delivers a message about life. The bond you create between people, your friends family and loved ones, is the most important thing in the world. And yes, Loved ones come and go, and that can be scary and sad. But life goes on, and your life goes on. The memories you've created and the past experiences shape you, and while you can't go back, the future hasn't been written yet. It's all very sincere, very sweet, deeply humanist, and I absolutely love it.

giphy.gif

Oct 29, 2017
They have gotten better over the years, Remember Me is the best they have done. Everything they learned up to that point they put together in Coco. It has the most story impact, it is a godamn song being sang by a character, it could mean the end of one character's existence, it is about an elderly character remembering when she was a toddler, and has the entire family of the characters crying in front of them.

It's like they took all the most effective bits from their filmography and distilled them into one.