• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Well?

• I will go sailing no more

• Kitty!

• I promise I will never let anything happen to you... Nemo

• Ellie and Carl

• Take her to the moon for me

• Remember Me

• other (please elaborate)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deleted member 58832

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Recently went down a Youtube nostalgia-tearjerker rabbit hole and I'm wondering if there's a public consensus on this very important topic.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Up will win this poll, so I'll give additional shoutout to Remember Me for the voice actor's superb performance and Inside Out's ending.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
In Finding Nemo, when Marlin hopelessly tries to escpe the Whale while saying he needs to tell Nemo how long Sea Turtles live. It's a beliveable father moment.

Oct 26, 2017
As a father to two young children who almost lost them when my ex-wife kidnapped them for two solid months, Remember Me shreds my heartstrings every fucking time.

I go from stoic to a sobbing mess before that song reaches its ending.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's Coco because Remember Me is the culmination of the entire theme of the film. Just a brilliantly done, all-time great scene.

Ellie & Carl is great too,but unfortunately the rest of Up kind of sucks.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
This is a hard choice, but probably Remember Me (personally). Broke me in the cinema lol

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I barely remember anything about Coco or Inside Out. My vote goes to the ending of Monster's Inc. It's one of the best endings to an animated movie that I've seen.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I barely remember anything about Coco or Inside Out. My vote goes to the ending of Monster's Inc. It's one of the best endings to an animated movie that I've seen.
Maybe actually pay attention to them next time then? Because they're two of the greatest animated films ever made.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give it to Ellie and Carl ultimately, but Remember Me hits me on a personal level.

Even thinking about Remember Me makes my eyes water.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Ending of Coco, definitely.

Though for an option not on the poll, it was pretty sad when Wall-E's personality was gone at the end of that movie. I almost thought they were going to go with it.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Remember Me is absolutely dealing in the most emotional themes imo. Carl and Ellie is sweet, and heartbreaking, but memory is so core to what makes us human. The idea of dealing in memory, and dementia, is absolutely wrenching.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Man, that's a really tough one. I love Ellie and Carl, but it was Remember Me and Take her to the moon for me that made me well up.

I think I'll have to go with Take her to the moon for me, if only because Giacchino's score that accompanied it was so emotionally impactful.

Although I had some feels at the end of Toy Story 4:

She'll be fine without you

Pixar's emotional game is so on point. It's why I wish people wouldn't discount their new flick just because it has a "DreamWorks look"

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Not long ago I would have said Up, but I could not stop crying at the end of Coco. That hit me hard.

Not long ago I would have said Up, but I could not stop crying at the end of Coco. That hit me hard.

It's Coco because Remember Me is the culmination of the entire theme of the film. Just a brilliantly done, all-time great scene.

Ellie & Carl is great too,but unfortunately the rest of Up kind of sucks.
Yeah, Ellie & Carl is very effective as a short film, but Remember Me was built up for an hour and a half so when it hits it is like the floodgates of my eyes have been opened.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Here's what I remember about Inside Out:
Hockey, first world problems, broccoli on pizza, and a funny gag at the end with cat and dog brains.

Here's what I remember about Coco:
Very pretty movie, ghost dog, my wife called the twist as soon as they met you know who, and I think there were flying mythical creatures at the end.

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
I am surprised Ellie and Carl ranked so high. Seems like Up is very popular on the internet but in my personal circle of friends I seem to be the only fan of the movie.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gabby Gabby and the lost girl is a late breaking contender.

But ultimately, it's the end of Coco for me. With the opening of Up and the climax of Inside Out (and really several parts of the movie) as a very close 2nd place.

CypherSignal

Oct 25, 2017
Huge swaths of Inside Out - not just the moment in the poll - has to top it for me. The last ten minutes of Toy Story 3, from the toys facing down the incinerator all the way to Andy leaving the toys behind, is probably second.

As far as non-emotional tearjerkers, I'll throw in a couple moments from Wall-E that yanked out some tears just because I was so awestruck by the music and animation: Eve and Wall-E's reunion/dance, and the final credits sequence.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Low key, I think Ego's review in Ratatouille might be my favorite emotional moment, though, but that might be bias because Ratatouille is my favorite Pixar movie.

Deleted member 15125

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to be that asshole and say that, with the possible exception of Woody telling Buzz that he's more awesome as a toy than as a space ranger, almost every emotional Pixar moment is just too sappy for me to feel much of anything. With that in mind, I haven't seen anything of theirs since Monster's University. Maybe I'll check out Inside Out and Coco.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I'm really surprised to see people say the incinerator scene in toy story 3. it had a fear factor and a bit of sadness to it, but it had nothing compared to the ending where Andy is letting go of his childhood and passing his toys on to Bomnie

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Low key, I think Ego's review in Ratatouille might be my favorite emotional moment, though, but that might be bias because Ratatouille is my favorite Pixar movie.
Actually, I can have an argument for a Ego moment, but it's not that moment that I would've chosen.

I thought the moment he ate the Ratatouille and then the immediate sequence after was actually more endearing if anything, since that was the climax of what we were really waiting for, and of course we knew it was going to end well, but seeing exactly what was going on in his mind that specifically changed his mind all of a sudden was a, oh shit that's deep, kind of moment for me.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Remember Me is emotional on too many levels. That such a somber, tender moment essentially serves as the climax of the film makes it incomparable to Up's rapidfire sadness

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
For me it's either the end of Inside Out or Remember Me. As a parent these just hit so close to home.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Actually, I can have an argument for a Ego moment, but it's not that moment that I would've chosen.

I thought the moment he ate the Ratatouille and then the immediate sequence after was actually more endearing if anything, since that was the climax of what we were really waiting for, and of course we knew it was going to end well, but seeing exactly what was going on in his mind that specifically changed his mind all of a sudden was a, oh shit that's deep, kind of moment for me.
I can agree with that. in fact, I think the whole scene from the eating of the Ratatouille to the review is just one long scene.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The ending of Coco makes me cry every time, it's not just depressing like Up, it's every single feel making me cry.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
It's a tie between toy story 3's ending from hell onwards, and Up's Beginning, but Up slightly edges it out because I hear that music and I start screamingly internally.

Guzim

Oct 25, 2017
The opening of Up and Coco's Remember Me are great choices, but for me, it's the ending of Toy Story 4. I was such a mess during it.