• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Which Pixar movies do you feel doesn't get nearly enough love as it should? Which ones do you feel gets too much?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Ratatouille gets as much talk as it should. Everyone says it's a great movie but no one ever really talks about it anymore

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Underrated: A Bug's Life
Overrated: Ratatouille

A Bug's Life is my fourth favorite movie of all time. Ratatouille was like, fine I guess.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Cars isn't as terrible as some make it seem. I think it gets lumped in with the Cars 2 which drags it down.

Oct 26, 2017
Underrated = Cars.
It's not anywhere close to the likes of Wall-E or the Toy Stories but as a kids film it's actually really good. It's basic by Pixar standards but it tells a solid moral tale with likable characters, it also has some clever visuals with parts of the landscape modeled on car parts . It's by far one of the more popular ones among actual children.

Overrated = Ratatouille
It's clever but I actually think it's a bit pretentious for a kids film.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I found Incredibles incredibly boring. I think Monsters Inc belongs with your absolute top tier Pixar movies and I feel like it's more in that B class for people despite it being the funniest movie they've ever put out.

winjet81

Oct 27, 2017
Cars is super underrated... people are sour because of its huge merchandising push.

Toy Story 3 was a big letdown after the near-perfect Toy Story 2.

Rue

Oct 27, 2017
Overrated? Inside Out is easily my choice. I was shocked to see how much praise it got after I finished it. It really would've been better as a short, definitely did not need to be stretched to a feature length film.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Cars 1 is super underrated. The designs kept me away from it for so long but I caught it on TV once and it quickly became one of my favorites. I haven't seen any of the sequels but that first one is hardly more kid oriented than any of the other Pixar movies I've seen

Overrated goes to Finding Nemo. I've really never liked that one, even as a kid when it came out

Monster's University rules too I agree with that

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'll go in on agreeing with the people who say Cars. The first Cars is really good but the franchise as a whole got oversaturated

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Overrated: Finding Nemo

Underrated: Monsters University. The movie was entertaining and the message was practical. I loved it.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Cars 3 is underrated. I've got a toddler that's obsessed with the cars movies and I really like that one the best of the three (the 2nd one sucks). Seeing as I've seen it about a billion times now and still enjoy it, I'd say it's underrated. First one is also underrated.

As for overrated, I might say Inside Out? It's a good film, don't get me wrong, but I think had a ton more praise than almost any other Pixar movie when it came out and I didn't quite love it that much.

Oct 27, 2017
Overrated: Incredibles. It's good and has the best villain, but I never really want to re-watch it. Some of the voices drive me crazy, also.

Underrated: Cars. Like so many, I drank the koolaid and thought it was bad initially. After watching it a few hundred times with my son I've come to realize that it's amazing.

And yes, Monster U is also awesome.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Are we finally at the point where people think Cars 1 is good? Always been a fan of it because I like cars and car culture and all the references the movie makes to it. Glad the tides are turning.

Cars 2 is whatever, just a weird attempt to make a Bond movie for kids.

Need to watch Cars 3 again and get a better grasp on it, I watched it once but didn't really think much of it.

The Watcher

Oct 29, 2017
I've heard from critics suggesting that Onward isn't one of Pixar's strongest showings and I respectfully disagree. I feel like this movie will age like fine wine due to the theme being so universal and relatable and in spite of its simple plot, it's a fun action/adventure movie. Brave is often cited as being amongst the company's "worst" films and while it had its share of problems, production and storywise, I find the characters charming and the mother/daughter dynamic very refreshing. Again, it's one of those films that will hold up well.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Wall E and Up overrated as hell. Brilliant openings that fall off a cliff in quality. Though I do enjoy the credits number for Wall E.

Ratatouille underrated.

DOATag

Oct 25, 2017
Canada, eh?
Wall-E gets way too much love.

You take that back you heartless monster..... It's my favorite movie....omg so many of you hate it. Oh I'm heartbroken

Underrated: Brave, is very charming, does away with the trope of princess needs saving, lovely soundtrack, visuals and it's funny

Overrated: Incredibles, I liked it, but the fever that people have over this movie, that people clamored over it until it got a sequel, uh yeah, it just was ok?

Dec 22, 2017
The Good Dinosaur deservers all the hate it gets and some more.
Imagine being this wrong. Imagine being so fragile that rural families are dare shown in a positive light.

It's a fine movie with some generally great scenes. Not Pixar's best, but not soulless like Findy Dory or Toy Story 4. Speaking of which it's a wholly original story, which is rare in this age of sequels and adaptions.

I enjoyed it, and so did my kids.

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
Overrated: Coco. The visuals, themes, and emotional moments are great, but on a minute-by-minute basis the movie is not very interesting to watch.

Underrated: ....maybe Monsters Inc? I don't feel like any of their movies are necessarily underrated, but a strong case could be made for Monsters Inc. being the most tightly written Pixar film ever, and it doesn't get quite enough love considering that.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
I actually thought Ratatouille was pretty properly rated, in that people (who aren't children) usually put it among the best.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Cars 3 is underrated. I've got a toddler that's obsessed with the cars movies and I really like that one the best of the three (the 2nd one sucks). Seeing as I've seen it about a billion times now and still enjoy it, I'd say it's underrated. First one is also underrated.

As for overrated, I might say Inside Out? It's a good film, don't get me wrong, but I think had a ton more praise than almost any other Pixar movie when it came out and I didn't quite love it that much.
Yeah, my answers match yours. Inside Out is good, but I didn't think it was that great.

As for Cars 3--and this might also be because I watched it a billion times because of my kid--but I thought it was really well executed and entertaining. The new characters are endearing, and there's no multi-plot bullshit with Mater. It's definitely the best of the Cars movies.

That said, to be clear, I don't think Cars 3 is better than Inside Out or anything, but it's better than I thought it would be by a longshot.

Jun 10, 2018
Concurring with the Cars posts. I honestly think people just wanted to hate that movie on sight because so many others were doing it at the time. It's a fine film and its underlying themes of life as you age as well as abandonment/neglect are woven into the plot quite well.

Overrated goes to Up and Inside Out easily.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Imagine being this wrong. Imagine being so fragile that rural families are dare shown in a positive light.

It's a fine movie with some generally great scenes. Not Pixar's best, but not soulless like Findy Dory or Toy Story 4. Speaking of which it's a wholly original story, which is rare in this age of sequels and adaptions.

I enjoyed it, and so did my kids.

My dislike of the film doesn't come from what you said (I live in a rural area myself), but rather it wasting a lot of potential it had. There was an absolutely fantastic setting and world there but so much of it is squandered from what it really could've been. I'll always give it points for being something original rather than another sequel, but the film really could've been so much more.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Cars and Cars 3 are dramatically underrated. I guess it's because the toys sell a lot, so people think they're just projects to push merchandise, but they're actually really touching movies, if simple. They're for kids. But they're eminently watchable. Fucking Michael Keaton as Chick Hicks in Cars is so good.

Gouty

Oct 25, 2017
Under: Toy Story 2

Calling it anything less than Pixar's best movie is underrating it.

Over: Wall E

Great opening, completely falls to shit in the second half.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Up is overrated. I think its a fun time, but lets be real the only reason people talk about it is because of the emotionally resonant opening, and the rest of the movie does not carry that tone at all.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cars isn't as terrible as some make it seem. I think it gets lumped in with the Cars 2 which drags it down.

Cars 1 and 3 are legit good stuff.

Up is overrated. I think its a fun time, but lets be real the only reason people talk about it is because of the emotionally resonant opening, and the rest of the movie does not carry that tone at all.

Yeah that opening is fantastic.

It goes downhill fast after that unfortunately.