• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which part of Jojo's is your favorite?

• Phantom Blood

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Battle Tendency

Votes: 78 19.7%
  • Stardust Crusaders

Votes: 54 13.7%
  • Diamond is Unbreakable

Votes: 104 26.3%
  • Vento Aureo

Votes: 34 8.6%
  • Stone Ocean

Votes: 21 5.3%
  • Steel Ball Run

Votes: 94 23.8%

• Total voters

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just in a Jojo mood lately and I'm curious which parts are most liked around here.

I gotta say while I know Part 5 doesn't have the best rep(at least from what I've seen) it might have one of my favorite teams which puts it pretty high in my placing.

I'm expecting a lot of Steel Ball Run and Diamond is Unbreakable votes.

(There wasn't enough options to include Jojolion in the poll so if it's your favorite just speak up.)

Last edited:

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
SDC. Everything just comes together really well for me (even though I wanted more from the final fight), and when all's said and done Jotaro, Joseph, Kakyoin and Avdol are still some of my favorite characters in the entire series.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I just want to say that I was expecting to hate Diamond is Unbreakable after the first couple of episodes, but Koichi, Rohan, and Kira have made it almost as enjoyable as Stardust Crusaders and I still have 10 episodes left.

cosmicspooks

Oct 29, 2017
I'm a Jojolion boy! I think it has Araki pushing a lot of the stuff that made Steel Ball Run great even further with part 8, and the result is so tonally unique and delicious.

My correct and true ranking is:
8>7>2>6>4>1>5>3

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
Having only watched the Anime thus far, while I loved Part 3 (mostly because I could binge through the slowest sections), it's a tight race between Part 4 and Part 5 right now (both of which I watched week to week, unlike part 3), but boy Part 5's got a lot going for it and David Pro just continues to improve as they adapt more and more JoJo

For now I think the scale of Part 4, the characters, really help it and for now put it above Part 5

But Part 5's coming holy moly Part 5 is so good and I cannot wait to see it dubbed because the Toonami thread needs to see these shenanigans

Oh and, there is a place in my heart for Part 1 and Part 2, but man, stands are just, man... so great

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much everything but Phantom Blood has a reason to be someone's favorite.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Part 4 bros.

VIPVWKW.jpg

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Having only watched the Anime:
Battle Tendency -> Diamond is Unbreakable -> Golden Wind -> Phantom Blood ->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shitdust Crusaders.

The endless toilet humour, the clunky storytelling and pacing overall, the initial change to Stands was not handled well at all and was jarring (although I love them now) Jotaro being one of the worst protagonists of all time...It's just garbage from beginning to end. There was not a single redeemable moment

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I voted for Steel Ball Run but really, any part from DiU onwards could take the top place for me, depending on how I feel. Vento Aureo is the best anime adaptation so far, however.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to give it to 4 because it's better told, but Stardust Crusaders was so ground breaking and did a lot for the series.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Diamond is Unbreakable.

Best JoJo, best gang of JoBros (Okuyasu is best boy), some of the most creative and fun Stand battles in the whole series, one of the most interesting villains in Kira.

It's got it all.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stardust Crusaders is the weak link. If you want bros-on-a-roadtrip, Golden Wind is strictly better so far.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Battle Tendency is the best just because its underdog protagonist going against insane overpowered villains.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
It's between DiU or SBR. DiU is just flat out fun dumb shenanigans and Josuke has the best creative power/limitation balance. I highly recommend people to read the manga, cause the anime doesn't really do the art and paneling justice. SBR is just on another level when it comes to writing. Vento Aureo is definitely shaping up to the best anime adaptation so far, but I'm a bit behind so I don't know how they're handling the parts I'm most critical of.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Only watched the anime so I only have knowledge of 1-5.
So far, Stardust Crusaders is my favorite. I just like the group dynamic and the roadtrip vibes and Dio is such a fun villain.
Gotta give an honorable mention to part 2 though. Young Joseph is my favorite protagonist so far.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My personal rankings are:

7 > 4 > 2 > 6 > 3> 5 > 1

Joestar rankings:

Johnny > Josuke > Jolyne > Joeseph > Jotaro > Jonathan > Giorno

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Steel Ball Run. Standalone, it holds up extremely well. As a continuation of Jojo, it's magnificent. When they get around to making SBR into an anime it'll be a ride (and the endgame will be glorious to see people react to.)

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
7 >>> 4 > 6 > 3 > 2 > 5 > 1

Steel Ball Run actually has decent writing and characters who change and learn naturally. It also has the weirdest shit happen, the most creative stands and the best characters with Gyro being my favourite character in the whole series and Valentine being by far the best villain. I still love all the JoJo parts though.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I stopped reading halfway through Stone Ocean but I liked Diamond is Unbreakable the best. BUT...

Joseph is my favorite protagonist.

Vento Aureo has the best character designs and the best fights.

As a whole, though, DiU was the most enjoyable. Josuke was a very lovable protagonist and the singular location was a nice change of pace.

Battle Tendency's anime had the best OST of all time though

Oct 25, 2017
Going by manga I would say SBR followed closely by DIU, but Golden Wind's anime is really making me a good case for that being one of the better parts.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
The SBR manga is fantastic. Part 5 anime is making a good case for Part 5 though.

Ganransu

Nov 21, 2017
Stone Ocean's last fight was simply the best. Though I do enjoy the team in Steel Ball Run more.

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
Steel Ball Run is one of the best manga I've ever read. I was a bit sad after ending Stone Ocean (which is also fantastic), but the new world and characters in SBR really juat take the series to a new level.

Im generally of the opinion that JJBA just keeps getting better as it goes on.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Probably something like this : 7>5>8>2>>6>4>1>>>>>>3
Jojolion has a lot of potential, it is by far the most bizarre part, Gappy and Yasuho are awesome and that doctor is 89 years old. It could end up #1
I never read part 3, only watched the anime, maybe if I did I would like it better but currently I feel like there is nothing that it does better than another part.
Gappy is the best Jojo, but Joseph and Johnny come close. Valentine is the best villain but DIO and Kira are good too
Jolyne is one of the best heroine in manga ever, but overall I'm not too fond of Part 6

Overall, SBR is too good, it's only lacking the quality of the part 5 fights (pain train and metalica are currently my favorite fights of the entire series)

DrBillRiverman

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
England
Stone Ocean > Steel Ball Run > Diamond Is Unbreakable > Battle Tendancy > Stardust Crusaders > Vento Auero > Phantom Blood

Love the cast of Stone Ocean, love the ending, love F.F! Pucci is great villain. Cannot wait to finally see it animated

I admit, Dragon's Dream is a bad arc

Also JoJo ranking is:
Joseph > Jolyne > Johnny > Josuke > Jotaro > Giorno > Jonathan

JoJolion will probably be rated in my top half for both Parts and Protagonists but I'll wait and see how it pans out

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Im up to Diamond is Unbreakble right now, but every part ive seen has absolutley out of this world moments.
Phantom Blood has probably a lot of lows after the first episodes and until the lasts but those first and lasts episodes are incredible (and of course, its only 9 episodes so its easily digestible).
Some parts of the fight episodes in Battle Tendency are a little slow, but Joseph carries everything (and part of the cast is great), even the slower episodes. And the last episode is incredible.
Stardust Crusaders has the best quality overall and the best overall cast (right now, seems Diamond is Unbreakable can take that crown), but some villains of the week didnt really need 2 episodes. And the ending of part 1 of SC is pretty anticlimatic. It also has the worst main friend, yes Iggy is shit and doesnt redeem himself till his big stand fight.
I just started Diamond is unbreakable, but the slice of life in [strike]Twin Peaks[/strike] in Morioh has been really fun.

If I was forced to choose one of them, it would probably be Stardust Crusaders, but as I said, I love every part ive watched right now.

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
2 & 4 are my favorites since they're basically evolutions of their previous parts, taking the idea introduced before & greatly expanding upon, though you could argue 5 is basically "what if part 3 but with the more creative stands & better character development of 4"

I'd have to re-experience parts 6 & 7 since I kinda marathon'd them & didn't get to fully "absorb" them, plus I feel like the anime adaptations so far have been great & want to watch them animated and a bit updated considering David Pro sometimes tries to fill in some plot points & what not.

also i had like 3 versions of kira as my avatar when toonami was airing part 4, so yeah, part 4.

Resiverence

Jan 30, 2019
Vento Aureo easily. The gang was my favorite 'crew' from all the jojo parts and I really liked their chemistry, the fights in the part are also some of my favorites as well as the whole theming of fate that the show strongly emphasizes. Though SBR would be an extremely close second.

Ionic

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Given these choices, definitely 7. But that's because 8 isn't on the list... I love the art and battles in the new universe parts and Araki experimenting with making characters in Jojo more interconnected via Jojolion is very exciting.

Edit: Part 8 also gets extra points for being the most bizarre part by a wide margin.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
So far

5 -> 4 -> 2 -3 -> 1

And even then, 3 is an 8.5 out of 10 series for me. 1 is the only part I genuinely dislike

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Stone Ocean! (Will probably be SBR when I get to finally starting it).