• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who would you like to see return?

• Billy Coen, escaped convict

Votes: 43 8.3%
  • Carlos Oliveira, wise cracking mercenary

Votes: 139 27.0%
  • Sheva Alomar, Kijuju veteran

Votes: 222 43.1%
  • Jake Muller, Wesker's punk ass son

Votes: 20 3.9%
  • Helena Harper, secret agent

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Sherry Birkin, Raccoon City survivor

Votes: 70 13.6%
  • Parker Luciani, the ultimate bro

Votes: 8 1.6%

• Total voters

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Jill's partner during the Terragrigia Incident, Parker assisted her in fighting the aquatic abominations of the Queen Zenobia cruise liner. Like Sheva, Parker was also a BSAA agent, so it's likely he's still involved in fighting Bioterrorism.
Parker appears in one of the canon manga, still working for the BSAA, and helps out Claire.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Carlos is easily the most likeable of all of the choices, his RE3R version at least.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
The characters I probably want to see return would be Sheva, Carlos (he won me over in remake) or Rebecca (no, the terrible movie doesn't count!)

Sep 7, 2018
I wonder what happened to Sherry after RE2. Did she go into foster care? How was her life growing up going through what she did and knowing her parents were responsible for a zombie outbreak?

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know i can handle playing another carlos-less game. Typically Sheva would be my pick but Carlos has won me over way too much.

Oct 27, 2017
-Carlos. This guy really needs to return after his amazing update in REmake.
-Joe Baker. This guy is straight badass. He really needs to return because my god, his dlc was amazing.
-Billy Coen. I liked his personality and I would love to see what happened to him.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
She became a U.S. federal agent and she has extremely fast healing ability because the G virus.

Yup. To go into a little more detail, immediately after RE2 Leon, Claire, and Sherry see some federal agents (presumably coming to investigate Raccoon) and Leon tells Claire to run off since being taken into custody would stop her from searching for Chris. She does so, and continues into her story in Code Veronica. Leon and Sherry are picked up by the agents, and Leon is offered a deal to join the government as an agent dealing with bioterror, leading to his stories in Darkside Chronicles, RE4, and RE6 (and the CGI movies, I guess).

Sherry seems to have gotten a bit of a rough deal, though, as she was monitored and studied by the government due to having the G-Virus (and its vaccine). She apparently was allowed to see Leon and Claire (presumably post-CV for the latter) regularly, so she had some happy moments (in RE6 she essentially calls them her best friends or family). Eventually once she got older she was allowed to train and join up with the government, leading to RE6.

(There was some stuff in the Wesker Reports about Wesker getting a hold of Sherry at some point, not sure if that's still canon or was just more about him having access to information on the G-Virus)

Also I would be remiss if I didn't mention the SD Perry novel canon, where Sherry is adopted by her aunt, who is the scariest lawyer in the world and is apparently capable of fending off any subsequent attempts by Umbrella to kidnap her.

Nov 1, 2017
Carlos, Hunk, and Rebecca would be perfect. Sheva is a close second to the trio. Third pick would be Barry (though he was in Revelations).

Just no more Chris please, we've had him so many times... I don't understand why, he's such a bland character. I could probably do without Leon too.

I'm not sure about the other characters in Revelations or RE6.

I used to be intrigued by Billy Coen, but I've lost interest over the years.

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil
Welcome!
latest

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sheva or Shelley easily. Inner monologues about their PTSD and all.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Sheva is my favorite RE girl not named Claire.

It's absolutely criminal that she hasn't returned as a playable character.

Also, imagine my disappointment when I resolved to replay RE5 to unlock her, only to find that the screen view is reversed.

KingBae

Oct 28, 2017
Voted Sheva but I really wouldn't mind seeing Josh "Legend" Stone, Joe Baker or even Jake back (yeah I know he kinda belongs in a DMC game but he grew on my by the end).

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Sheva easily. Billy might be an interesting returning character, while Carlos is too fresh in the memory, but Sheva's got a great design and I'd love to see her return.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Sheva for sure. Carlos was great in 3 remake though, I would LOVE a Carlos/Sheva team up

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Billy. Because he's the only one who's not a super soldier, agent for a secrete organization or spy like basically every other character in the series. An escaped convict and more "regular person" character would be an interesting change.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Either Carlos or Sheva. I'm leaning towards Sheva.

Deleted member 64503

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 13, 2020
Sheva really? I couldn't give her anything in that game, give her 300 bullets 2 mins later I need more ammo, give her medicine items gets attacked by a chicken uses full heal. On pro mode oh my I heard all game I need your help or I actually need help and she stands next to me dumbfounded.
Atleast I can throw Ashley in a box to not annoy me lol.
Sherry, carlos and Jake I can't decide on though

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
what about that guy in relevations 2? is it the same one as from Re 1 and ending from original RE3 when he came back for carlos and jill? was he playable in any other game than REV2?

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
For the people saying Sheva has no character or personality, Chris essentially says to her 'Look it's not too late, you can turn around' after everyone else is dead. And out of a sense of duty, she follows Chris right to the end on his crusade to rescue Jill and stop Wesker, all the while barely knowing Chris a day and that she'll likely die in the process.

2776269-6336598970-tumbl.gif