• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which exclusive would sell you a PS5 at launch?

• Bluepoint's remake of Demon's Souls

• A new Ratchet & Clank by Insomniac

• WiLD by Michel Ancel/Wild Sheep Studio

• A new Ape Escape helmed by Nicolas Doucet (of Astro Bot fame)

• Guerrilla's sequel to Horizon: Zero Dawn

• I just want a f**king JRPG! >:(

Results are only viewable after voting.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I thought there were some rumours of a new Gran Turismo, personally I would go with that but from the list I would want a sequel to Horizon: Zero Dawn

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
Bluepoint games please let them make a other remake. Better make Jak and Daxter 2 remake or Uncharted 2 remake.
But when the rumours are true than i be the most excited for Ratchet and Clank and Horizon zero dawn.

I will buy the ps5 when the have 5 games i must check out. So with Ratchet and Clank and Horizon there already 2

StiLteD

Nov 11, 2017
London
In day one for Horizon 2, DS Remaster and PS5 patched Cyberpunk & TLOU2. Everything else is cream on the top of that delicious cake.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I bet Bluepoint is reading all of this and going "...but we are remaking Blasto...".

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think Horizon will make launch Ratchet. That will look absurd.

Last edited:

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sequel to HZD, but I'd love a new R&C and/or Remake of Dark Souls too. That said l, I don't think HZD2 will make launch, but it could be launch window (first year or so).

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
With those rumours of a silent hill reboot, is it possible Bluepoint is working on a full remake of a silent hill game or is demon's souls pretty much locked in?

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
With the potential next gen physics in there, i started dreaming slightly about a new Destruction Derby :p But it's too small of an ip now.. Maybe mix it with motorstorm ?

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Horizon: Zero Dawn sequel would alter my plans to buy an Xbox Series X and coast into next gen on my existing Game Pass subscription. I'd get a PS5 instead.

Spider-Man 2 would also make that happen. Or God of War 2. But I don't believe either of those potential games have had enough time to be developed yet — Horizon: Zero Dawn has been out for nearly 3 years though, and Guerrilla's been relatively quiet about their projects...

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Ratchet Ratchet Ratchet

Didn't really enjoy HZD much tbh and never been in to the Souls games.

But with Ratchet I'd definitely be a day one PS5 owner (probably will be anyway tbf though lol).

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Horizon 2 and Ratchet at launch would be amazing.

I think H2 would be a launch window game though because it probably has a bigger budget, need more ps5 in homes before release to justify.

Id be perfectly okay with a next gen ratchet at launch with some next gen/boost patches of some ps4 games.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Guerrilla never fail to create something spectacular so I'm sure it will be a real showcase. I feel Horizon Zero Dawn is one of the best exclusives developed by Sony this millennium. But Demon's Souls is damn close to my heart... it's probably the two or three exceptions of me going giddy for a remake by a talented developer (the other titles would be the original 1999 Silent Hill and FF7). If I get Demon's Souls with some insane graphics, gameplay tweaks, the 6th Archstone & 60fps then that's practically gaming heaven to me.

I appreciate that Ape Escape by the Astro Bot team is part of the poll as this is a good educated guess.
They want a colorful family game that's played on normal 2D monitors that really goes to town demonstrating how to use the new DualShock 5 haptics + improved speaker.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
HZD sequel for sure. Wouldn't mean I would buy the console at launch though. R&C is dear to me as well, but still haven't played the PS4 one so 🤷‍♂️

Oct 26, 2017
Demon Souls getting a competent remake would make me be there launch day no matter what.

I really like rachet and clank series too so that is a bonus. What made PS4 worth it for me was Nioh, Souls and Indies.

Did not care for their other exclusives. Luckily most of those games are also available on PC but Demon Souls would make me loyal.

Oct 25, 2017
Out of those options HZD2 without a question. The greatest new single-player IP of this generation imo (well, Death Stranding is very close), and I can't wait to see what they come up with a sequel.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
literally none of these. I know full well I'm an outlier tho. The first game that got me hyped for/convinced me to by the ps4 was N++. For the PS5 I expect their (hopefully plentiful) backwards compatibility plan to pique my interest, along with some quirky next gen indies or japanese games.

Maybe, if I'm lucky, their backwards compatibility offerings can satiate my need for weird japanese shit

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Horizon 2 for sure. And if the Horizon sequel isn't at launch, then it will be available shortly afterwards. Development should be quicker this time as they don't have to spend years developing their own engine. By the time November gets here, that'll be 3 1/2 years since the first one. Plenty of time I think.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Launch exclusives that would get me on-board the PS5 launch train immediately: Persona 6, Wild Arms 6, new non-VR horror game from Team Silent. None of the specific titles listed in the poll would do it for me, although I'd buy a Demon's Souls remake if it was done well.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Ratchet easily, but if they made an actual Ape Escape 4, that'd be sweet, too.

I know if Demon's gets remade, it'll change the gameplay, and that's like 80% of the reason I love that one so much.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
To everyone saying Demon's Souls

scraping-spear-on-hand.jpg

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
Horizon 2, then Ratchet 2. Hopefully the latter doesn't have any content cut from Going Commando.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I'd be very interested to see what a JRPG with Sony budget/production values could look like. Most of those other games look like ones I'd pick up on steep discount 6 months after release.