• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which exclusive would sell you a PS5 at launch?

• Bluepoint's remake of Demon's Souls

• A new Ratchet & Clank by Insomniac

• WiLD by Michel Ancel/Wild Sheep Studio

• A new Ape Escape helmed by Nicolas Doucet (of Astro Bot fame)

• Guerrilla's sequel to Horizon: Zero Dawn

• I just want a f**king JRPG! >:(

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Demon's Souls or a new JRPG.

Although honestly, I think I would prefer a high effort remaster than a gameplay changing remake. If someone is going to add in major new or missing content I'd like that to be From.

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
Ratchet and Clank for some reason and also call me crazy, but I would like some Killzone or spinoff and not HZ2 at the launch. HZ2 seems more like a game you would bring out when you have sold more consoles.

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
I voted for Ratchet & Clank, but only if it was a brand new adventure... I would love Going Commando to get the same treatment also, but it wouldn't be as exciting. Then it would be Horizon sequel as the top pick.

But Knack 3 trumps them all.

Oct 25, 2017
1000% horizon.

I loved the first game so God damned much. What an absolutely beautiful world to explore.
Horizon 2 is fucking insta purchased. Don't even need to see a screenshot.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
HZD sequel easily. Then R&C, closely followed by Demon Souls remake. Then Wild and Ape Escape. With JRPG being last.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
More people excited about Horizon sequel rather than the next game from the guy that directed Astrobot?

Smh.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Demon's Souls by far, even if we were lucky enough to get an original JRPG.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Demon's for me.

WiLD looks tragic and has bomba written all over it.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
much like the current poll results, Horizon 2 with Demon's Souls remake in close second.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Don't care about Ape Escape, and I don't know what WiLD is, but any of the other options would be insta-buys.
I mean, I'll get a PS5 at launch no matter what anyway.

Ananke

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 19, 2020
This would be the best console launch ever! Horizon is an easy choice (though I'm hoping that it isn't a launch game...let that baby bake as long as possible).

FaffEra

Chicken Chaser
Nov 8, 2017
UK
Bring on Horizon 2!

Wild would be cool but as much as I loved the 2016? trailer it's not a console seller.

Ananke

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 19, 2020
Cel-shaded Ape Escape modeled after Jak and Daxter, situated in one large seamless, interconnected world with apes doing crazy shit would reinvigorate the franchise and help it bounce back in a major way. Much like the originals, players can use direct methods, stealth, or rely on gadgets to capture apes and partake in cool mini-games as well. I want a traditional platformer, e.g. Mario, Klonoa, R&C, J&D, SC and less so something like Astro Bot.​

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not attempting to jump on you, but what games would entice you to buy a PS5 or excite you? Just curious.
Astrobot 2
New From IP or Bloodborne 2
Tomba 3
New horror IP from Studio Japan.

I'm buying a PS5 regardless but I generally prefer 3rd party games. Besides Team Ico and the occasional Studio Japan game I'm just not interested in Sony's 1st Party output.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Sony without JRPGs feels wrong. Their new games are phenomenal but they are too westernized for my taste

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
I just want Apex Legends to launch day one, Assassin's Creed and a JRPG. I doubt we'll get the JRPG so I'd settle for an R&C game if it's as good as the PS4 game.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
None of those choices are Gravity Rush 3. >8(

Most of those choices are pretty good. Hard choice, probably depends on my mood at the time. Probably Horizon for now.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Yeeeesh that would be a weak launch lineup. I'd only be interested in Horizon.

TiG

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ratchet and Clank.
Provided it a new story and not another remake.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God of War 2. I simply cannot wait to continue Kratos and Atreus journey. It will be the reason why I purchase PS5.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Horizon 2 and Ratchet.

Actually starting playing the R&C remake after hearing about those rumours.
good game, very beautiful. can't imagine what a PS5 version would even look like